• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

tpluth

tpluth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

If you can make a working build on 82576, send me your patch. I will incorporate the code into my version control.

I wouldn't know where to start on fixing the bugs but if I can gather some information and do some testing, I'd be happy to.

For now, I'm plan to use a pci card that should be supported.

tpluth

tpluth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

What does version 5.2.9.4 do for us?

Thanks

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

What does version 5.2.9.4 do for us?

Thanks

As far as I read from the comment ( e1000.sourceforge.net), the changes in 5.2.9.2 -  5.9.2.4 are for Linux build problems.

The only comment in 5.2.9.2 which might be related to Mac build is "Errata fix for flashless i210/i211 designs (Errata 25)". 

I forgot to update the top message of this thread,  the actual linked file is already 5.2.9.4.

maropr

maropr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello
This driver  not worked in virtualbox or vmware with bridged interface settings. My NIC intel 82575GB(8086:10d6) and intel i211(8086:1539). My simplified schema network:

router<————————>host<—————————>guest
                     cable                              bridge

Ping worked:
host - guest
guest - host

Ping not worked:
guest - router
router - guest

I use still NIC I218V (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), here is all good, ping worked guest - router,  router - guest.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it ?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Hello
This driver  not worked in virtualbox or vmware with bridged interface settings. My NIC intel 82575GB(8086:10d6) and intel i211(8086:1539). My simplified schema network:

router<————————>host<—————————>guest
                     cable                              bridge

Ping worked:
host - guest
guest - host

Ping not worked:
guest - router
router - guest

I use still NIC I218V (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), here is all good, ping worked guest - router,  router - guest.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it ?

I happens when promiscuous mode does not work correctly.

You need to debug and fix the code.

isaII

isaII

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

i use x79 system and intel 82576 nic

appleigb work well but

both appleigb.kext and appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext loaded then kernel panic occred.

do you know what is ploblem?

Arkanis

Arkanis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but I'm running a supermicro board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5, on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognized, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ? I have a screenshot of the KP if needed.

Ritz Carltn

Ritz Carltn

Ritz Carltn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:HP EliteBook 8540p,i7-820QM, 68CVD Ver F.0F, nVidia NVS5100M, ML with Clover

What version do you use?

I think I also has same boat.

I use AppleGB.kext, 5.2.9.4 with El Capitan10.11.3(15D21)

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but I'm running a supermicro board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5, on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognized, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ? I have a screenshot of the KP if needed.

gotohtom

gotohtom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm a user of supermicro X8DT3-LN4F. It features Intel 82576 with 4 LAN ports.

http://www.supermicr.../X8DT3-LN4F.cfm

The AppleIGB Kext works well in Mountain Lion but after upgrade to Mavericks 10.9.5 I got the same problem that some users have :

AppleIGB::startTxQueue()
AppleIGB::stopTxQueue()

etc.

it never ends.

When my system boots, Chamelon detects my LAN ports well, the leds are working but when OSX Launches, the driver just turns off the connection (lights stops binking on the lan port). The system still boots and I can see my 4 ports in the network interfaces panel but none is able to connect and lights are still off.

After editing the Chameleon org.chameleon.Boot.plist I added the id of my intel 82576 to the system. I found it with some software and the system recognized it, but still same problem with no connection. It just changed the status "integrated lan" to YES in system info software and change the names of lan ports in the System preferences->Network but nothing better. The best status i got was the orange color says : this network adapter have a self assigned IP. Then, maybe there is a solution to use the AppleIGB from mountain lion because it was working fine... but I didn't succeed in doing that.

If someone has some clues it will be very helpful, because my system with mountain lion isn't optimal and I found with Mavericks 10.9.5 it's faster and more stable, my only problem is this LAN problem...

Thank you very much for your help.

harrywepp

harrywepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What version do you use?

I think I also has same boat.

I use AppleGB.kext, 5.2.9.4 with El Capitan10.11.3(15D21)

I am getting this kernel panic on 10.11.4 - any ideas?

IMG_2163.jpg

llamafilm

llamafilm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

I've been using the AppleIGB driver for two days now, and it works great in OS X 10.10.5.  But occasionally I'll get a kernel panic at boot time.  Simply rebooting a few times makes it work.  Any idea why?

Attached Files

norcimo

norcimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Same issue with the the Super Micro X8Dt3  , el capitan.

norcimo

norcimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Greetings,

Tested on 10.11 and currently working on my SuperMirco XD8T3.

Thanks to RehabMan for FakePCID,

install all Kexts.  (all were modded with the 82576  VEN&PCI  ID. )  

your done.

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_GBx.kext

SmallTreeIntel825576.kext

fully running at GB speed, DHCP, no more error dumps, sleeps , shuts down and restarts. :)

Good Luck Gents.

llamafilm

llamafilm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I went away from this driver for a while, trying to fake my i211 as an i210 and use Apple's native driver, but I finally realized that won't work.
So I'm back to AppleIGB. It works fine for a few minutes, and then it just stalls. No errors that I can see in system.log, and System Preferences shows it's still connected, but I can't ping any server. When I unplug the ethernet cable, the computer instantly reboots. About 30% of the time, it causes a kernel panic at boot time.
I'm using the latest 5.3.5 on OS 10.10.5. Hardware is in my signature.

meier2meier

meier2meier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My I350 is running fine with the AppleIGB driver installed in the CLOVER/kext. Mac can do Vlans, both network ports are running fine.

But it seems, promiscous mode is not possible. Wireshark doesn't see any packets other than broadcasts. Parallels is not receiving any packets (although switch has the Parallels MAC addresses forwarded all to the Mac switch port).

I tried to set

<key>i350</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIGB</string>
                        <key>IOClass</key>
                        <string>AppleIGB</string>
                        <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
                        <string>0x15218086 0x15228086 0x15238086 0x15248086 0x15468086</string>
                        <key>IOProviderClass</key>
                        <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
                        <key>NETIF_F_TSO</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>NETIF_F_LRO</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>IFF_PROMISC</key>
                        <true/>
                </dict>

but IFF_PROMISC is just a bitmask in the code.

I also searched the source code for any hint enabling promisc mode permanently. No chance. No ethernet frames with any other destination MAC than one of my local ones can be seen on doing capturing on my i350 ports.

is promiscous mode broken in AppleIGB? Any hints welcome where to have a look into.

/meier

Nameless One

Nameless One

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

I'm using this with my Asrock X370 Gaming K4 Ryzen motherboard (i211), it's fine provided I don't do anything that tries to write to a network share, doing that kills all traffic outright.

Xsario

Xsario

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Please solve the intel i211 kernel panic problem.

Thank you.

ydeng

ydeng

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Please solve the intel i211 kernel panic problem.

Thank you.

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext  works with i211.

patched version

http://www.insanelym...erra/?p=2460269

Edited by ydeng, 11 July 2017 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy