{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

You should try the same kext we used with our laptop but changing the vendor and product ID with yours (get those from system profiler in mac after restarting from windows or even from device manager from windows itself)

I think it will work like that!

Try "DropSSDT=Yes"

I tried this and still does not work.The problem persists : I can see the language selector for about 3 seconds then it goes into sleep. - I cannot wake it up to continue installation. If i boot with -v -f i get Still waiting for root device

I scoured the Internet for info on this but there isn't much info. Does anybody have any other ideas? IT would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

I tried this and still does not work.The problem persists : I can see the language selector for about 3 seconds then it goes into sleep. - I cannot wake it up to continue installation. If i boot with -v -f i get Still waiting for root device

I scoured the Internet for info on this but there isn't much info. Does anybody have any other ideas? IT would be greatly appreciated

try my method up ^^

• Like 1

OK, so here;s what happened;

I copied DP4 kexts onto the USB install and that fixed the problem. So i was able to install.

After installation I had the same problem, only this time when I was booting up the system. So I fired up my virtual machine and proceeded with the Post Install Steps.

That got it to work and I booted into "Before you Start.." Problem here is that after i set up an user account, the processes loops. I never get to the Lion Welcome screen.

so:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root ##

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

exit

The above helped me get passed the loop

Then I Booted with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No. If I boot with -v or -v GraphicsEnabler=No It hangs up at AppleRTL89..kext TIMEOUT Or at Transcript Process.OK, so I finally managed to log in. Using -s procedure:

Now Let's see if I can set-up the resolution and other stuff.

I had to reinstall because all the usrs were in standard mode and i couldnt create an admin one.

Now i'm back to square one trying to make it work again. Without luck i might add.

Main Problem - after DSMOS has arrived my pc gets into sleep or if i have an external monitor attached it hangs at the gray linen screen.

Help is apreciated.

thanks

So I figured something out: If I boot with the external monitor the laptop screen goes black but I can tell it extends since i can walk the mouse from the external monitor to the monitor. Problem is that with the laptop lcd being black i don;t know whats there in order to drag it to the external one.

If i bood with the external monitor unplugged it just goes into sleep. I'm really out of options here

I think its one of the kexts that causes this problem

Small update

for Mountain lion DP4

first i use edited bios by Florin9doi as i dont have time to do it

now no more need for patched power managment kext

and here is patched applehda + patched framebuffer for via connector

also note that layout of applehda is 2 !!

DP4.zip

Hi Mohamed, could you tell me if is 100% safe to apply the A10 bios Florin9doi up to my Inspiron 15R N5110 Core i7 2670QM?

regards

Managed to Succesfuly install using M.O.S's method.

It seems that the DSDT.aml is is actually the problem that causes the laptop to go into sleep.

If I remove the DSDT.aml from extra I don;t have any issues.

What does not work:

Wireless - ( I have the Intel Centriono 1030 one) Are there any kexts for this one?

VGA - Tried detect monitor, unplug plug back in, no success. (if I use the DSDT i get vga, but the laptop screen is really really dark. and cannot set brightness)

I can't use OS X without these 2 issues that are crucial for me.

Please help!

Thanks

@Aleff

I used a vitual machine in order to set up the 8GB flash (using Mahommeds pre install clip). (search popular torrent sites for Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 VMware Image) for wm.

I copied DP4 (AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) to S/L/E on the usb flash in order to get passed the sleep bug on boot.

I formated my Hitachi External HDD as Journaled and hit install

After install in order to get past the sleep bug I booted with DSDT=Nonexistent.aml

Then I just followed Mahommeds Post install Steps. But I had to delete the DSDT.aml in order to boot properly and get past the sleep bug.

After restart, prety much everything was working but the WiFi and VGA.

Since I'm a Graphic Designer i really need VGA to work in order to extend my desktop to my 24" work monitor and wifi for when i'm at a client. SO these 2 things are critical for me.

Maybe someone can create a DSDT for me..

If you change your smbios.plist so it says yours "SMproductname" is "MacBookPro8,1" using something like Chameleon Wizard, the VGA should work. Mirroring does not work for me when doing this however.

• Like 1

Hello Mohamed:)..i really appreciated your effort and from the comments i wish you a good luck in your exams:)..i have a very simple question if i have a current Dsdt and want to replace it with yours as you say that the battery life will increase and temperature will pull down what can i do?? just replacing it with the one in the extra folders only?? regarding that my laptop is without the atheros

and there is another question..does anyone suffer from stupid artifacts after spending more than two or three hours on lion??

Managed to Succesfuly install using M.O.S's method.

It seems that the DSDT.aml is is actually the problem that causes the laptop to go into sleep.

If I remove the DSDT.aml from extra I don;t have any issues.

What does not work:

Wireless - ( I have the Intel Centriono 1030 one) Are there any kexts for this one?

VGA - Tried detect monitor, unplug plug back in, no success. (if I use the DSDT i get vga, but the laptop screen is really really dark. and cannot set brightness)

I can't use OS X without these 2 issues that are crucial for me.

Please help!

Thanks

hummmmmm

are you try retry download the kext and use myfix again?

So no luck with what you suggested Futan

Upon loading the DSDT.aml with Chameleon Wizard i got this:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20111123-32 [Dec  3 2011]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2011 Intel Corporation
/Users/Adrian/Desktop/Post Install/Post Install/Extra/DSDT.dsl   5155:		 Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)
Warning  1079 -							    _REG has no corresponding Operation Region ^
/Users/Adrian/Desktop/Post Install/Post Install/Extra/DSDT.dsl   9166:	 Method (SX45, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1113 -								  Not all control paths return a value ^  (SX45)
/Users/Adrian/Desktop/Post Install/Post Install/Extra/DSDT.dsl  10078:			 Name (_HID, "MONITOR")
Error    4035 -													 _HID suffix must be all hex digits ^  (ITOR)
ASL Input:	 /Users/Adrian/Desktop/Post Install/Post Install/Extra/DSDT.dsl - 11002 lines, 329545 bytes, 3986 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 2 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 5 Optimizations

Notice the part about _HID, "MONITOR" might have something to do with this.

@Futan, Managed to generate an smbios using the Chameleon Wizard. VGA semi-works, as in if i restart i have to plug it out and back in in order for it to work. But its better than nothing.

I can say I have a fully working Lion Install 10.7.4 except wireless, which I don't really need atm since i will keep os x on the external HDD.

Also is there any way to make the ethernet run on 100MB ?

@Aleff

I used a vitual machine in order to set up the 8GB flash (using Mahommeds pre install clip). (search popular torrent sites for Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 VMware Image) for wm.

I copied DP4 (AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) to S/L/E on the usb flash in order to get passed the sleep bug on boot.

I formated my Hitachi External HDD as Journaled and hit install

After install in order to get past the sleep bug I booted with DSDT=Nonexistent.aml

Then I just followed Mahommeds Post install Steps. But I had to delete the DSDT.aml in order to boot properly and get past the sleep bug.

After restart, prety much everything was working but the WiFi and VGA.

Since I'm a Graphic Designer i really need VGA to work in order to extend my desktop to my 24" work monitor and wifi for when i'm at a client. SO these 2 things are critical for me.

Maybe someone can create a DSDT for me..

hello adrian :) how are you..as u are a graphic designer what programs do you use??..and have u get artifacts lines when u use lion for a long time??..and what about the temperatures while u use these programs..iam a Graphics man using final cut and motion all the time..sorry for the long questions :D

hello adrian :) how are you..as u are a graphic designer what programs do you use??..and have u get artifacts lines when u use lion for a long time??..and what about the temperatures while u use these programs..iam a Graphics man using final cut and motion all the time..sorry for the long questions :D

Hi Uwk,

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, Illustrator and Fireworks.

So far i haven't had the time to use any of them for a long time as I have just set everything up. But I did notice some very small artifacts here and there once in a while.

The graphics card stays in about 50c.

Also i played a bit of d3 and works fine.

Hi Uwk,

So far i haven't had the time to use any of them for a long time as I have just set everything up. But I did notice some very small artifacts here and there once in a while.

What graphics card are you talking about? if its the nvidia one then it got nothing to do with your work, it is not turned off and you don't use it at the same time

if you used the DSDT that turns it off then the card will be turned off and it will show no temperature, right?

ok.

So i install 10.7.3 but i need wireless. i wona buy a new one stick, and i need a recomandation for a good one that work good with 10.7.

i look for somthing little, may be like this one: (it don't work with 10.7)

http://www.edimax.us/

thank's!

Atheros 9285 (Airport Extreme) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=atheros+9285&_sacat=0

What graphics card are you talking about? if its the nvidia one then it got nothing to do with your work, it is not turned off and you don't use it at the same time

if you used the DSDT that turns it off then the card will be turned off and it will show no temperature, right?

Well I don;t use the DSDT and the app shows GPU1 to be at 50c. So i guess gpu1 is the intel one.

Hi Uwk,

yes the small artifacts appeared after spending much time and appeared if you want to export something you are working on it ( like me in final cut.,they appear sometimes in the videos i export)..but the solution for me is either restarting or let the laptop resting for a while then continue the work

i use the DSDT Mohamed gave it to me 6 months ago but it didn't shut the nividia card so the temperature while working is between 55 and 69 :@..is there a DSDT shut the nivida????

thank you mohammed for this guide

and im install m.l with my

in

i7-8GB RAM-750HDD-intel 3000

with out any proplem

im face one proplem called in your guide

boot 0: error

you are say install ubuntu and write some commends in terminal

that is true

but the best "im do it " solve

before booting for install mac

download my hack

and install my hack utilities and select your drive

and restart,boot your flash install

in the install the installer will ask you about myhack

the first will ask you about extra file

my hack want copy extra file and ask you did you want your extra *in your usb* or myhack extra

select your extra and select the location to it !

the second will ask you about some kext meybe give kernel panic

will ask you did you want delete some kext

decline all !

than restart your *mac boot from usb*

the first delete extra in mac and boot file

and continue normally copy extra and install chameleon...etc

*meybe see

system timeup in nanoseconed:long number

the good solve for this problem

go to bios and disable speedstep from intel

and

boot with

-x*

and thank you mohammed *ابن بلدي*ةغ

my n5110 w/m.l

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-16%20at%205.15.24%20AM.png

I tried your method, but after load the installtion it go into sleep mode.(and the boot load dosn't work...)

i'm so desperate so i think to try iatkos... :(