{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

No worry, i use my own DSDT, i got it from DSDTSE, i patch it using somes patches for Sandybridge (comes with DSDT Editor), but for the brightness i have the opposite thing, when a open the mac from restart, i have a level of brightness much higher than must be :S

in the attachment, the DSDT without patch and the DSDT patched that i use now.

And Yes our Notebook are different but are from the same family :D, your VoodooHDA, AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement, AppleIntelSNB, & more kexts work fin for me !!!

i have same problem as you at past to resolve it you should put your battery on your notebook and open it start your Lion OS, you will see the progress of charging then put your ac connector then you will see charging progress changed to ac mode :) that's simple and for battery life install dell QuickSet on windows and enter to battery judge "jauge de batterie" in control panel and mark "don't charge my battery" then restart your laptop with the battery you will see the charge led is off that's mean the battery is fully charging and at lion you will see battery charged fully :)

about touchpad driver

khannan sent to me as he know about c/c++ as apart of his studying

we didn't do any thing yet

if there are any one want to participate on that please pm me

first at all happy birthday mohammed and i wish you all the best at your life

• Like 1

Aloha !

Very helpful guide and I am definitely up and running with 10.7.3. I do have one issue which I haven't seen mentioned in this forum so I wonder if anybody else is experiencing it. Every time I wake from hibernation, I get a "disk not properly ejected" error if I have a USB stick inserted.

Is this normal for this Dell laptop ?

Mine is a 15r-n5110, A09 BIOS, i7 2670QM, HD3000 (no NVidia), 6GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Intel 1030 WiFi, etc.

Thanks in advance,

bisk

Aloha !

Very helpful guide and I am definitely up and running with 10.7.3. I do have one issue which I haven't seen mentioned in this forum so I wonder if anybody else is experiencing it. Every time I wake from hibernation, I get a "disk not properly ejected" error if I have a USB stick inserted.

Is this normal for this Dell laptop ?

Mine is a 15r-n5110, A09 BIOS, i7 2670QM, HD3000 (no NVidia), 6GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Intel 1030 WiFi, etc.

Thanks in advance,

bisk

normal

usb take time to wakeup about second

so mac doesn't read usb so warn you about removing with out ejecting

when you put your notebook on sleep remove from it usb drives before :)

Ah, I see ... mahalo :)

I've seen this exact behavior on an Inspiron 2200, Pentium M laptop that I converted many months ago. I chalked that up to the legacy Leopard kernel and just used sleepwatcher + scripts as a workaround. Looks like we need to do the same thing here. I'm seeing the same thing with an Inspiron 1720, C2D laptop that I'm also finishing up as well, so this must be a Dell thing, huh ?

Anyway, mahalo again and have a great birthday weekend !

bisk

• Like 1

may be i will not support for lion 10.7.4

and go direct to Mountain lion guid

as now there is abig update for DP3 that make it nearly DP4 as now there is Xcode DP4 means this update is in replacment of dp4 new release

this means on end that Mountain Lion Gold Master is comming soon on this month :D

that is what i think

so when i got time will make mini guide for DP3+it's update

add pre+post install

then big change on guide when final goes on ;)

• Like 1

How do I to disable the touchpad with the Fn+F3 well, or some other combination?

And the camera so I have not earned with the kexts, ID rules do not work lamp lights on the camera and the picture is not :(

Great thanks to Mohamed Khairy who helped me as a private matter with teamviewer and doing this guide as a public matter

I would like to say that all my problems in booting the first boot after installation mentioned in last 2 pages were solved by using "DropSSDT=Yes"

I also had problems but these were because I messed up between Pre Install and Post Install as I thought they were the same folder :D

Better make the "Post Install" folder download more clear as I think maybe many people like me didn't notice it :P

I have now some experience in installing both lion 10.7.3 and mountain lion dp3 easily thanks to your tutorial and help!

I still have small problems with freezes but I manage to find a solution else than replacing the laptop screen and I will for sure give you any feedback,

and I will also keep along this great topic for any news or updates as our laptop is widely owned by many guys from a lot of countries!

Last but not least, Khairy, أنت برنس :thumbsup_anim:

How do I to disable the touchpad with the Fn+F3 well, or some other combination?

And the camera so I have not earned with the kexts, ID rules do not work lamp lights on the camera and the picture is not :(

about touchpad even under windows with out dell touchpad driver the key doesnt work

so it depend on software and it is complicated to me to do it

so this key dont function now

about camera the customisation is cosmetic only

so if camera doesn't work natively won't work as it is compatible with current mac driver

--------------------------------------------

i added to guide mini guide of Mlion

and i will return to my college tomorrow

and i won't post more just apple updated kexts for upcoming updates

iam confirming what madamido had said about mohamed and want to tell that he is really prince :D " وحشنى والله بدعيلك كل اما اقعد على الماك " :)

i guess we have to make our own dsdts to make camera work probably mac is not able to find camera in dsdt that i am using i m not sure but i will try after a few days :)

Working cam is: (owned by a friend)

product ID: 0x2880

vendor ID: 0x1bcf

Sunplus Innovation Technology

NOT Working cam is: (owned by me)

product ID: 0x6442

vendor ID: 0x0c45

Sonix Technology Co, LTD

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the not working cam, but in VMware, the cam worked in snow leopard 10.6.5 so is this a hope of it to work or not?

maybe VMware emulates the camera after being identified by its windows driver? or the cam worked by its mac driver? any clue? :D

On the Dell site has appeared new version of BIOS A10, only when downloading a file not found on the server (

UPD downloaded by download manager without problems

nothing important on this update

1.New password requirement: for asking password when entering setup once password on boot is disable

2.Remove password related calling interface.

i asked them to enable UEFI boot option on bios setting

and they came with password protection !!

there no changes on acpi tables on this bios so it is safe to use dsdt of a09 as one on topic

• Like 1

you deleted kexts and didn't paste patched kexts

I tried to paste patched kexts several times:

after install update without reload system. After reload got this issue.

Also I pasted patched kexts without system loading (using VM) - the same result :(

Don't know how to fix this... :worried_anim: