• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

iFreak-X

iFreak-X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Try another Battery if you can. Or try your battery in another B570... So we can sort out that the new battery is dead.

Upgraded today to 10.8.2. If you use FakeSMC Plugins first delete it and install it without Plugins otherwise you get a kernel panic. Everything seems working nice. Wifi and Audio kexts must be reinstalled. Got a few errors at boot:

20.09.12 20:07:35,000 kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IO80211Controller' for vtable '__ZTV20AirPort_AthrFusion21' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

20.09.12 20:07:35,000 kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21 - link failed.

Anyone an idea? Or just ignore it? Cause Wifi works.
Does someone got ML working without NullCPU? I get KP with patched AICPUPM at 10.8.0-2

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I am running 10.8.1 without NullCPU. to resolve waiting for root device.
  • Installed AppleHDA and DSDT from 1st post and editted the WiFi kext for wireless. Patched AICPUPM and used a few different SSDT till I found one that did not give me KP without NullCPU.
Lenovo B570, i3 2350m, 8GB Ram, Atheros AR5B195, OS X 10.8.1

I forgot that I had to use Chimera 1.11.1 for power management to work. So pached AICPUM, right SSDT and Chimera for the 10.8.1 without NullCPU.

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
wow, data14 this is great news :-O
What about battery life? At idle w/ minimum brightness, what power usage is shown in system profiler?

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
My laptop is plugged in most of the time so I can't tell you much about battery life.

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I know that seems a stupid information, but can you copy and paste here your Voltage/Amperage with ML and that patch?
To see it, you should pull the plug, set to min brightness, wait a minute and look for that informations in system profiler (under Energy menu)

Thanky you!!!

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
After 5% of battery usage with minimum brightness:
Full charge 4051mAh
Amperage -1091 mA
Voltage 11823 mV

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I just updated to 10.8.2 through software update. Reinstalled AppleHDA, WiFi and battery kext. Patched AHCI for root device and everything seems to work. I did not have to patch AICPUPM.

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Great, I think because 10.8.2 system update doesn't overwrite AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
Can you make a big favor to anyone of us? Can you zip your /Extra and /S/L/E directories and share them?
I will happy to make a step-by-step tutorial for installing 10.8.2 from scratch on B570.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I have attached my Extra folder and also seven kexts that I have used in my S/L/E folder. Not everyone needs all of them. IOAHCI, if you have root device problem and IO80211F, depends on the individual wireless card. I used patched ASBM for battery and VoodooPS2C for trackpad. You have to use patched AppleHDA, FakeSMC and Patched ACPUPM. The rest of the kexts in my S/L/E folder are original apple kexts.

besttech

besttech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
What if you are updating? I dont want to mess up my tri boot.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
As I can see I did not attach anything. How do I go about attaching files the right way.

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
upload them to mediafire.com or similar.
Thank you, I will try them and take time to update macinsane tutorial to 1.8.2 in the following weeks

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Try another Battery if you can. Or try your battery in another B570... So we can sort out that the new battery is dead.

I tried another battery out of a B570 I bought a month later for a friend. Same battery life issues with a different battery.

Once again, everything works fine under Windows, but not Linux.

I know this is a Hackintosh, but over an hour of battery life would be nice to have :D

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Here is a link to my Extra folder and my 10.8.2 kexts.

https://www.dropbox....gfwq/01GS8hYe4O

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Here is a link to my Extra folder and my 10.8.2 kexts.

https://www.dropbox....gfwq/01GS8hYe4O

As someone who has just wiped away the mess that was Lion, and is now ready to install Mountain Lion on his B570, let me be the first to publicly THANK YOU for sharing these files!

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I have attached my Extra folder and also seven kexts that I have used in my S/L/E folder. Not everyone needs all of them. IOAHCI, if you have root device problem and IO80211F, depends on the individual wireless card. I used patched ASBM for battery and VoodooPS2C for trackpad. You have to use patched AppleHDA, FakeSMC and Patched ACPUPM. The rest of the kexts in my S/L/E folder are original apple kexts.

I can't get my keyboard and trackpad working under 10.8.2 right after installing.

I rebooted a few times and used -v for verbose mode once, and that's when it worked. I made sure that all of the kexts had the correct permissions and I rebuilt the cache just to be safe. Everything worked great except for my battery, which OS X took a while to recognize when I pulled the charging cable. My battery life is worse on 10.8.2 than under 10.7.2-5. When I rebooted, the keyboard and trackpad stopped working. No amount of reboot attempts have fixed it. Since I'm using the patched ASBM instead of VoodooBattery, I'm starting to think there's no way I can get any sort of decent battery life out of my Lenovo using OS X or Linux.

I watched the line-by-line verbose output and noticed that VoodooPS2 is complaining about "missing dependencies".

Any ideas?

micred

micred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Remove any Voodoo*.kext and install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext + ApplePS2Controller.kext.

I will post a guide for Mountain Lion on B570 tomorrow.

For battery life problem take a look at system.log. After upgrade from 10.7.2 to 10.8.2 I get a strange problem: launchd crashed, then ReportCrash save the memory dump and after a few seconds crash again, and again... eating battery.
I will indagate the problem.
Here one of the errors:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.1000[430] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-Aqua[880]): Could not setup Mach task special port 8: (os/kern) invalid argument
Oct 10 00:30:21 MacBook-Pro-di-Michele.local UserEventAgent[880]: +[CLLocationManager appsUsingLocationWithInfo]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x10b785ea8
Oct 10 00:30:21 MacBook-Pro-di-Michele.local UserEventAgent[880]: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '+[CLLocationManager appsUsingLocationWithInfo]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x10b785ea8'

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Remove any Voodoo*.kext and install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext + ApplePS2Controller.kext.

I will post a guide for Mountain Lion on B570 tomorrow.

For battery life problem take a look at system.log. After upgrade from 10.7.2 to 10.8.2 I get a strange problem: launchd crashed, then ReportCrash save the memory dump and after a few seconds crash again, and again... eating battery.
I will indagate the problem.
Here one of the errors:

Alright! I re-installed Mountain Lion and used the kexts and Extra folder from above, but skipped Voodoo* kexts. Instead, I used AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext + ApplePS2Controller.kext (which strangely enough produce Voodoo debug lines in verbose mode).

Everything works except for my battery (it drains VERY fast).

I'm not getting the same errors as you in my system.log, so it must be something else.

This is the closest I've been able to get.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Alright! I re-installed Mountain Lion and used the kexts and Extra folder from above, but skipped Voodoo* kexts. Instead, I used AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext + ApplePS2Controller.kext (which strangely enough produce Voodoo debug lines in verbose mode).

Everything works except for my battery (it drains VERY fast).

I'm not getting the same errors as you in my system.log, so it must be something else.

This is the closest I've been able to get.

As I have said before my laptop in plugged in most of the time and I switch between Windows7 and ML. So I can not tell you much about battery life.

micred

micred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Instead, I used AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext + ApplePS2Controller.kext (which strangely enough produce Voodoo debug lines in verbose mode).

Because Voodoo kexts are inside ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy