• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

iFreak-X

iFreak-X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I am using the PS2 Driver from M.beast. No Problems. Uninstall first the voodoo driver. For graphic glitches try the newest FakeSMC, from M.beast too ;)
Does it find the networks with a good connection? Maybe OS X sorts out the ones with an too bad connectivity.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
This is my 1st post so bear with me. Let me thank everyone on this forum especially macinsane for his great work. My laptop is the same as the 1st post except the CPU is i3-2350 and it came with Broadcom Wi-Fi card. Below are the steps on my installation:
I purchased a new hard drive and partitioned it into 4 partitions. I installed Windows 7 on the 1st partition.
I purchased a new card (AR5B195) and replaced the Wi-Fi card.
I made an usb from iAtkos L2 on a borrowed MAC. I could not boot from usb so I burned a copy of iAtkos into a DVD. Boot w/DVD 1st then I selected the usb.
Installed Lion and as have been said had to install smbios from 1st post to boot into desktop.
I installed the AppleHDA and DSDT but could not pass the gray logo screen, so I removed both of them.
Boot to desktop and updated to 10.7.4
Edit the IO80211 kext and got the Wi-Fi to work. Bluetooth works, if I restart from windows. If I shut down and restart from osx, I lose it.
What does not work: sound, HDMI and sleep (camera worked OOB).
Because I have a different wireless card I think that I need a DSDT without wifi.
If someone needs more detailed instruction let me know. Can someone post AppleHDA and DSDT for 10.7.4
Thanks

besttech

besttech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Look on page 10 for the dsdt and files. Extra_BL

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I will try that when I get a chance.

Thanks for quick reply

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I tried DSDT and AppleHDA from that post. Now I have sound and HDMI but I lost my WiFi. Reinstalled the IO80211 kext but no WiFi.
To be exact WiFi is there but I cannot turn it on. Any suggestion.

besttech

besttech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
did you use the the io80211 kext from the post, did you try to turn it on from the system prefs, did you reboot?

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I used the kext that I was using before. I tried to turn it on but nothing happens. I rebooted a couple times. Does this DSDT have a wifi section? if it does I need one without it.

besttech

besttech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
did you use all the ssdt in the post too and put it in the extra folder because then it should work fine

amynvirani

amynvirani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am using the PS2 Driver from M.beast. No Problems. Uninstall first the voodoo driver. For graphic glitches try the newest FakeSMC, from M.beast too ;)
Does it find the networks with a good connection? Maybe OS X sorts out the ones with an too bad connectivity.

I tried that as well but no success. The trackpad still does not work. I guess glitches in graphics disappeared. I will use it and see if i get any more of it. Wi fi not working properly. Sometimes it shows wi fi sometime it doesn't. I copied the whole extra folder from freakx except for the bootloader since i use another boot loader.

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I tried DSDT and AppleHDA from that post. Now I have sound and HDMI but I lost my WiFi. Reinstalled the IO80211 kext but no WiFi.
To be exact WiFi is there but I cannot turn it on. Any suggestion.

Since you have the AR5B195, I have no kexts for you, but what worked for me (using an AR9285 here) was downloading the most recently dated kext I could find. The first major problem is of course making sure your device ID number is in the kext plist file (that's the problem I had under 10.7.2 and the driver macinsane posted). The second major problem is finding a driver that works well with 10.7.4.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I deleted the kext that I had edited for wifi. I put my card id back into original apple kext and reinstalled. WiFi is working again. AR5b195 has two separate chips: AR9285 for WiFi and AR3011 for Bluetooth. Now I have to find a solution for losing bluetooth after shutdown.

amynvirani

amynvirani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I deleted the kext that I had edited for wifi. I put my card id back into original apple kext and reinstalled. WiFi is working again. AR5b195 has two separate chips: AR9285 for WiFi and AR3011 for Bluetooth. Now I have to find a solution for losing bluetooth after shutdown.

I have the exact same chip and my wifi doesn't work. Could you please tell me the steps i should follow in order to make it work.

I WANT TO UPDATE TO MOUNTAIN LION. I HAVE THE .APP FILE. CAN I DIRECTLY UPDATE? SHOULD I BACKUP MY KEXTS? GIVE ANY INFORMATION SO THAT AFTER UPDATE I DONT FACE ANY PROBLEM.

THANKS.

data14

data14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I am not on Mountain Lion. I am on 10.7.4. For WiFi you have to edit IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E. Save a copy of it on your desktop.Right click on it (show pakage content) inside the plugins is another kext called antheros40. Right click on that (show pakage content). Open infoplist and go to were you see 168c, 30, change 30 to 2b. Install this kext and reboot you should have WiFi.

sherwin892

sherwin892

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm a bit confused in reading the last few pages of this thread. Is there a power management kext that fixes 10.7.4 yet? I believe I'm still on the Null one so when I close the lid to the notebook it shuts off or rather it stays asleep and I'd have to turn off and turn back on. Which kext works or has anyone tried the trick in which you fool your OS to thinking it's 10.7.2 instead?

Thanks

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I fool 10.7.2 to think it is 10.7.4 and I successfully fool App Store and get downloads done. But I'm sad to say that latest Xcode doesn't run even if it was downloaded without errors.

dmarkey

dmarkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the guide,

I have everything working except for 2 things:

1. VGA out(HDMI is not tested)

2. Touchpad scrolling and multi-touch.

Any ideas on either?

Thanks!

David

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I'm still having battery issues. I'm about to format the drive, install Windows 7, and call it a day.

Is there anyone out there reading this with a B570 that has normal battery life?

Here's my battery information when 68% is showing:

[b]Battery Information:[/b]

Model Information:
  Serial Number:
  Manufacturer: SANYO
  Device Name: L09S6Y02
  Charge Information:
  The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No
  The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No
  Charge Remaining (mAh): 2496
  Fully Charged: No
  Charging: No
  Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3689
  Health Information:
  Cycle Count: 64
  Condition: Normal
  Battery Installed: Yes
  Amperage (mA): -1360
  Voltage (mV): 10629
and here it is when 64% is showing:

[b]Battery Information:[/b]

Model Information:
  Serial Number:
  Manufacturer: SANYO
  Device Name: L09S6Y02
  Charge Information:
  The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No
  The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No
  Charge Remaining (mAh): 2361
  Fully Charged: No
  Charging: No
  Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3689
  Health Information:
  Cycle Count: 64
  Condition: Normal
  Battery Installed: Yes
  Amperage (mA): -1335
  Voltage (mV): 10594
Is my power usage similar to yours? I'm curious about the 'Amperage (mA)' readings you're all getting.

I'm still running 10.7.4 with Chameleon r2059.

jac-tict

jac-tict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I'm not able to use webcam with Skype (webcam preview is always spinning, even after I select webcam from CamTwist).
Any hints?

I've altro tried with beta version of skype 5.11.

Is it working with UVC Camera Control? Can someone share the compiled binary of it, please?

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Okay. I decided to run a little test to see if my battery problem could be re-produced under Linux.

I downloaded the latest ISO for Porteus (a live distro that I use for repairing Windows machines that have been taken over by malware), updated my USB stick with it, and booted into KDE.

The battery level on OS X was at 61% when I shut it down, and Linux (Porteus is based on Slackware) read it as 54%. After connecting to my wireless network (the Atheros card is supported by Porteus!), I browsed the web until something happened. I was hoping the battery would just run down, the system would shut off, and I could swap drives so that Windows 8 booted.

I got as far as waiting for the 'something to happen' stage. The battery % dropped just as quickly as it did in OS X, and at just a few % under 50%, it jumped right down to 2% left and warned me that I was about to lose power. It was instant. One second 47%, the next, 2%.

I rebooted into OS X again, and OS X was showing 5% left.

I didn't have time to boot from the Windows 8 drive, so I'm going to try that next. If it reads above 5%, then my suspicions are probably correct - Linux/BSD isn't reading the ACPI information correctly from the BIOS, or the BIOS isn't providing the right information to Linux/BSD. On OS X with Chameleon, I'm using a DSDT.aml file, but it might not have the correct ACPI code that non-Windows operating systems need.

More to follow...

Isopropylique

Isopropylique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I turned on my B570 after OS X and Linux said the battery was nearly dead. I booted into Windows and it agreed. The battery light began to flash orange and I powered down before losing power completely.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. My battery is brand new but there's obviously something wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy