RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

and could you help me to do this?

Probably not the appropriate thread.

And you need to start by determining the manufacturer of your trackpad...

Daveta

Daveta

Sardinian voyager

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
ok, just for experiment.

synaptic! am i lucky? of course i'll open another thread if necessary.

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

ok, just for experiment.

synaptic! am i lucky? of course i'll open another thread if necessary.

My version: https://github.com/R...-PS2-Controller

Be sure to read the README.md. There is a lot of information on the driver, including how to install it correctly...

Install the debug version, and look at system.log (via Console.app) as you press the keys. If they generate ps2 codes, you will see it in the output. If they don't generate ps2 codes, then they are likely ACPI, which requires DSDT investigation/patches.

BTW, what is the make/model of your laptop?

Daveta

Daveta

Sardinian voyager

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
of course. I wrote it in my signature and after dinner I start with deug kext. thanks!!!!

Daveta

Daveta

Sardinian voyager

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
Ok rehabman, i do what you wrote.

if i click the standard (in my keyboard - they work exactly like in windows 7 and have a sun icon on top) brightness controls (fn+f11 Brightness down / fn + f12 Brightness up) system.log is mute, but if i click the button Pause (F14) appear the "sun animation" (without regulating nothing because it appear only with one button) system.log write:

Mar 6 22:21:25 Daveta.local BezelServices 240.49[60]: ASSERTION FAILED: "Could not set brightness" -[DisplayStateMachine changeBrightnessBy:type:] line: 576

whaT could i do? fn+F11 and fn+F12 are regulated directly from ACPI?

Attached Files

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

Ok rehabman, i do what you wrote.

if i click the standard (in my keyboard - they work exactly like in windows 7 and have a sun icon on top) brightness controls (fn+f11 Brightness down / fn + f12 Brightness up) system.log is mute, but if i click the button Pause (F14) appear the "sun animation" (without regulating nothing because it appear only with one button) system.log write:

Mar 6 22:21:25 Daveta.local BezelServices 240.49[60]: ASSERTION FAILED: "Could not set brightness" -[DisplayStateMachine changeBrightnessBy:type:] line: 576

whaT could i do? fn+F11 and fn+F12 are regulated directly from ACPI?

If there is output in system.log when you press other keys, but no output when you press Fn+F11 and Fn+F12, then your brightness keys are probably handled in ACPI. It is possible to handle these keys, but you'll need to add debug traces to all your EC query methods (_Qxx in EC device). If you have some programming experience, see: https://github.com/R...OS-X-ACPI-Debug.

By the way, what do you mean by "if i click the standard (in my keyboard - they work exactly like in windows 7 and have a sun icon on top)"?

And what do you mean by "but if i click the button Pause (F14) appear the "sun animation" (without regulating nothing because it appear only with one button)"?

Daveta

Daveta

Sardinian voyager

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
you got a PM

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Someone can patch for me my DSDT please?  :angel:

I think i will broke my system, patch a dsdt is a thing over my capabilities

Attached Files

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

Someone can patch for me my DSDT please?  :angel:

I think i will broke my system, patch a dsdt is a thing over my capabilities

It is easy to do yourself:

DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch. Read the provided README so you know how to use MaciASL.

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

Save your DSDT to /Extra/dsdt.aml, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Install: https://github.com/R...-ACPI-Backlight

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

It woooooorks :yes:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Now I've the slider under the monitor preference and I can change brightness.

The last things to modify is the keyboard kext to use Fn+4 and Fn+5 to modify brightness. Any advice big man? 

(however i've understood more from your post that the first one of the thread!)

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

It woooooorks :yes:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Now I've the slider under the monitor preference and I can change brightness.

The last things to modify is the keyboard kext to use Fn+4 and Fn+5 to modify brightness. Any advice big man? 

(however i've understood more from your post that the first one of the thread!)

Keyboard mapping of Fn+brightness keys depends a lot on the ps2 drivers you are using... which depends on the manufacturer of your trackpad... Also, not all special keys are handled via ps2. They can be handled as ACPI. ACPI keys need to be handled in a different way... see discussion above.

So... what trackpad is in your laptop?

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I've read above your discussion with Daveta user, and i've got a synaptic trackpad like him.

But i think that's REALLY out of my competence, and a lot of work for only skip 3 or 4 mouse click (go to preference and set brightness from the bar).

I think i'll keep the Fn keys in this way, no problem RehabMan, thank you a lot for your help!  :wink_anim:

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,278 posts

I've read above your discussion with Daveta user, and i've got a synaptic trackpad like him.

But i think that's REALLY out of my competence, and a lot of work for only skip 3 or 4 mouse click (go to preference and set brightness from the bar).

I think i'll keep the Fn keys in this way, no problem RehabMan, thank you a lot for your help!  :wink_anim:

It is a fair bit of work... worth it in my opinion (which is why I implemented support for ACPI keys in my version of VoodooPS2...).

If you want to reduce the effort to change brightness even more, install 'Brightness' by bergdesign: http://www.bergdesign.com/brightness/

kalpak2021

kalpak2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Modding any gadget that i own. :P

I am trying to get native slider working on my mackintosh (VAIO VPCEB16FG) running 5650m with clover boot loader. I am attaching dsdt and ioreg dump for your reference.

The ACPIBrightness loaded and just said that device found at \_SB.PNLF

The diagnostic tool said my display type is 2. hope someone can help.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy