DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

So i tried dsdt - the result is the same, anyway i rewritten chameleon and lion again and now i can boot up lion, but no qe/ci as same it was on 10.6.8 - and kyle_c bootloader which helped me to get qe/ci on 10.6.8 on intel - doesn't boot up, and my modified chimera 1.5.4 boot file based on kyle_c - didn't helps too

Here's my modified chimera 1.5.4 bootloader with kyle_c intel.gma file ant my modified ati_c which recognizes 6770m and tries to load hydrilla, anyway for me - it didn't helped, maby it will work for somebody else:

http://www.mediafire.com/?56tqupp619f1tmz

Hi,I have a HP Pavilion DV6-6050se with following specs:

CPU:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 2410M (Sandy Bridge with Intel HD 3000)

RAM:4GB DDR3 1333Mhz

VGA:AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5

I install and boot to 10.6 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy successfully but after updating to 10.6.8 i get [PCI Configuration Begin] error or stucking on boot screen or screen crashes.

would you please attach your modified Chimera 1.5.4,so i can use it to but my pc on 10.6.8.

thanx in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, acabo de instalar Lion en mi dv6 6151 siguiendo tu método y funciona realmente bien, MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Aunque los modelos no son los mismos me gustaría saber si podrías ayudarme en algunas cosas:

1º Como no tengo cuenta Premium en megaupload, he intentado bajarmelo desde el enlace alternativo y falla, no consigo descargarmelo ¿Podrias subir solo los kexts relativos al sonido AppleHDA.kext y HDAIDT.kext ? y si has inyectado algo en tu DSDT dentro del HDEF.

Solo consigo hacer funcionar mi IDT 92HD81B1X5 con el VoodooHDA.kext. (supongo que ambos equipos llevan el mismo codec de sonido).

2º ¿Has conseguido hacer funcionar el lector de tarjetas, los puertos USB3 (a mí me los reconoce pero al conectar mi DD se congela el ordenador) o la ati HD6670m?

El resto (suspensión/wake up, multitouch, teclado,... funciona correctamente)

3º He cambiado mi tarjeta WIFI por una AR5008 que funciona a las mil maravillas (con su correspondiente inyección en el DSDT) pero para ello he tenido que flashear por la bios que pones en el post sin whitelist, pero con el inconveniente que cuando intento cambiar algún parámetro me toca quitar la pila y volverla a poner. Así que voy a intentar fashear la tarjeta para que la coja con la bios original (la que lleva whitelist) pero necesitaría saber que valores son los que hay que cambiar (Creo que con el subsystem-id" y el "subsystem-vendor-id", es suficiente ) Pero me gustaría estar seguro antes de empezar a flashear y reflasher bios ... wifi, etc.

PD: tengo los TODOS los dumps de mi equipo (tarjeta de sonido, DSDT, tarjeta wifi ...) no los pongo en este post para no hacer mas gordo el ladrillo, pero puedo subirlos si alguien los necesita.

Lo dicho MUCHAS GRACIAS por tu guía y a ver si me puedes echar una mano y ... te invito a una paella. jejeje

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to download OP's archive but it's too slow and I don't have a megaupload account.

What I just need is a couple of kext, the voodoobattery and the the patched applehda.

I think that instead of downloading the whole 3,5GB archive, a much smaller zip with only the modified kext and files is better.

Could someone please make this?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have a HP dv6 6115et with similar specs

i7 2630QM 2.0 GHz

8gb ddr3 1333mhz

2gb radeon 6770m

I am a windows user atm. I downloaded appleworm's dmg. I installed a program named Transmac. I burned this dmg (image disk file) to my USB and dvd drive but couldnt boot it

do you have any suggestions how can i install this ?

You have to dump it in a usb drive. You can do it in gparted with ubuntu or in disk utils in mac. Once done install chameleon throught mac chameleon installer or burn a cd loader from www.tonymacx86.com

LesGaR has conseguido mejorar el tema del usb del lado izquierdo?? Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, tengo el mismo portátil.

@klouds1292

Thank you for respond. I also try with "busratio=20", "cpus=1", "GraphicsEnabler=No", "PCIRootUID=1" (PCIRootUID or PCIrootID ???), ...

When boot from usb, i saw the apple logo, it stoped here.

Do you have the same model with me? Is it work? Please give me detail!

Thanks you!

I haven't been able to get HDMI video to work on my external monitor. Right now, the only resolution I can get is 1280x1024. I'm using Appleworm's DSDT that he sent me a few months ago when I was last on the site. I've got everything working except the ATI 6770, the USB 3.0, internal wifi and HDMI. Is it possible to get hdmi working and increase the resolution on the laptop. I should point out that I have the 1080p display on my laptop. Any help woud be appreciated.

Hi.

I stucked at the installation screen.

When I boot for the first time I see the Welcome screen and the registration form. I fill out the required steps to create my new user account and when I click next.. something happens that I go back to the beginning of the installation (welcome screen).

Anyone know how can i past this ?

hi, i don't want to be off-topic , but i just want to let you notice that i7-2630qm cpu gives 9400/9500 geekbench under windows7... so there is something wrong in ALL i7-2630qm speedstep/powermanagement since its performance gives 6900 under osx with current methods. A new method is needed for such kind of CPUs . I have another laptop with i7-2630qm with the same identical geekbench result of 6900 under osx and 9400 under win7... We need some expert to clarify / fix this! Thanks Mal

This test was run on my laptop with Mac OS X 10.7 after applying SpeedStepper: Geekbench Result: 9705

I think without SpeedStepper weren't using the turbo boost.

The alternate link is modified again...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :thumbsup_anim:

I have a DV6-6099el (CPU Intel I7, 8GB ram, ATI HD 6490) HP notebook, I have tried to install Lion according the first page indication but I cannot reboot after installation. Could you please help me?

It's correct that I use the file indicated in the first page for the installation even if the notebook is different (the main difference is the GPU).

Thanks for your support.

i have the hp 6090ee laptop,i noticed that the support for the 6770m card was added with the chimera 1.6 is it true ?, coz i really have been waiting for the solution to the video card problem, thanks anyways and happy new year

I have the exact same model as yours, and I tried both chimera 1.6 & 1.7 but still didn't work!

Hey Appleworm first of all I'd like to thank you for the effort you have done to make this! Many people are thankful to you!

But I have a problem and I hope you have enough time to help me with it.

I only have access to my laptop which is the one I want to install to. (It has Windows 7 only) I downloaded your .dmg yesterday and burned it to a DVD-RW from PowerISO.

I can't boot from the dvd, im assuming I need a bootloader of some sort? I currently have no access to any Mac and also no USB yet because I have lost the one I have, I have more then 2 RW DVD's (4GB) which I can use. Would you please tell me what I can do to install your Mac OS X without USB and access to another Mac?

Thank you A LOT for your time :)

Hy to all,

Big Up to Appleworm

i have a HP DV6-6198sp

i´ve installed AppleWorm´s OS LION DMG with sucess.

My reports is:

wi-fi don´t work, bought a sitecom X1 mini USB wi-fi with OSX support link:

http://www.sitecom.c...r-150n-x1/p/826

Hard Drive Boot=0 error (diskiutil list/fdisk /dev/disk0 don´t work) - Bought a mini USB 8gb and restore appleworm dmg on it for booting my hard drive.

Sound - Sometimes dosen´t work. sometimes it does. any solution??

Scramble screen - do i need to find in windows mode my EDID ID and use the screenX to fix it??

6770M - Any news regarding this?? i know chimera 1.7 has the 6770m ktext inside but why dont´work on ours HP?

best regards

Brightness and volume keys are working.

I don' t know if the card reader works and USB3 can works with PXHCD.kext.

Sleep, ATI, SpeedStep and Turbo boost don' t works.

At this moment i need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with my DSDT.

hi, PXHCD.ktext don´t work, When i plug a USB in the USB3 the system Stops. any Sollution? Cheers

I think you can burn the install disc into a dvd-r disk, and then boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for Lion you can find on www.tonymacx86.com

Dude I booted on the Chameleon dvd, I came on the Chameleon screen then i removed the disc and put in the Appleworm's dvd then I hit F5, The disc will not display in the menu to select, so far I haven't even got OSX to boot :'(. And if i just put in the appleworm dvd before pressing F5 and then select the dvd that was already there in the list (chameleon) then it will load some files for like 1 second and then my lappy will just reboot :'(. Any thoughts? and Thanks! :D

Hi everybody,

my laptop is HP dv6-6020el:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

WiFI: Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n [14E4-4727] [NoDB]

Video: Radeon ™ HD 6490M 1GB + Intel® HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Lan: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

USB 3.0: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller [1033-0194] [NoDB]

Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X

could somebody help me editing my dsdt? In the attached file there are the dsdt from my pc and the one edited by Appleworm and an info file extracted from everest.

Actually i have only Lan, USB and Intel HD3000 working (No audio, no wireless, no webcam).

Thanks!

DSDT + info.zip

Hey guys i still didnt get to the installer yet but atleast i got to chameleon and the prompt

when i put in -v and -x or just -v or all the combos that I know it just ends up with "Still waiting for root device"

Ive seen its a common problem but im not sure how to fix it. Any help at all would be highly appreciated :)

The Appleworm installer is buggy. But don't worry is very easy to fix. The problem is in the file com.Boot.plist is deprecated You need rename it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and edit this file depends your hardware. Post your hardware from Windows whith AidaX64 2.0 (shareware versión works).REMEMBER post only HARDWARE report, and I try to reply whith solution.

I have dv6-6151es and use Lion full time and work 100% stable. Only not work USB 3.0, card reader and ATI (chimera bootloader support this card, Only need all users contact whith chimera developers and give the product-id and subvendor-id for support You card in the next update). Rest of hardware works fine and my Lion versión is lastest (10.7.2).

Sorry for my english, Im spanish.

And remember I not a developer, I only try diferent solutions from diferents forums and check if work or not work. If not work I try to adjust to work. ALL CREDITS FOR THE DEVELOPERS, this people work hard for give us a beautiful present, Lion on our computer. Thank You developers.