DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Hi, i have hp dv6 6080 ep. It's very similar to 6090. I tried instal your lion release in my pc, but wen fishish the install and reboot pc i can´t open lion. It appears an error and does not boot! What we could be doing wrong?

specs:

Core i5-2410M | 4GB | 500GB | AMD HD 6490

Sorry for my inglish.

Hi, i have hp dv6 6080 ep. It's very similar to 6090. I tried instal your lion release in my pc, but wen fishish the install and reboot pc i can´t open lion. It appears an error and does not boot! What we could be doing wrong?

specs:

Core i5-2410M | 4GB | 500GB | AMD HD 6490

Sorry for my inglish.

boot from a chameleon bootable cd

select your lion partition and type "cpus=1 arch=i386" and boot

then replace the kernel with the one from the image

Sorry but i dont understand this part. how do replace kernel?

thanks =)

The procedure indicates by sorrowdreamer is correct but you can do it this way ...

Boot your USB as if you were to reinstall. Open the terminal and do the following:

cd /Volumes/DV6\ 6090xx\ -\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion\ Install\ Disc/
cp boot /Volumes/~YOUR_VOLUME_NAME~/
cp mach_kernel /Volumes/~YOUR_VOLUME_NAME~/
cp -R Extra /Volumes/~YOUR_VOLUME_NAME~/
cp -R Extra/Extensions/* /Volumes/~YOUR_VOLUME_NAME~/System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot and boot with -f

Hey appleworm, i think so now i know why u had much more success in getting 6090xx to work then my 6053er,the thing is that my screen res is over 1440x900, and your is lower then that - and i need dsdt patching( http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851 ),right now i'm downloading vmware osx image to fix your dsdt file by that guide and after i'll try it - i hope so i'll finally get lion to work! :P

EDITED:

Damn, can't find GFX0/IGD0 in your dsdt, may you can help me with editing it?

I have a DV7-6163us. It has core i7 2630 processor, 6GB ram, Intel HD 3000, USB 2.0 and 3.0, Intel wifi, webcam, HDMI out, Synaptics trackpad, Beats Audio. After a lot of effort, I had it working with 10.6.8 with everything except graphics and HDMI out. I installed Lion via Kakewalk, and I was able to get it to boot Lion using a lot of kernel flags. No graphics or 64 bit anything. I had to use cpus=1, arch=i386 and GraphicsEnabler=no.

I reinstalled using this install disk, and it gives me a little better version of Lion. I think I had to use cpus=1 and GraphicsEnabler=no to install, but that was it. It installed nicely. After install, it took a while to get it to boot. To get it to boot, I have to use the following kernel flags:

cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=no DSDT=yes -v -f

The Intel HD 3000 is recognized. I still don't have HD graphics, although I have 64 bit going. I have 1024x 768.

I tried running it with the base install, i.e., what I had right after install completed, then I transferred the DSDT, smbios.plist and org.chameleon.plist files from the install disk per instructions, then I tried using my own DSDT that I previously used with SL. It seems to run pretty much the same no matter whether I run it fresh, modified with the Extra folder items, or with my own DSDT. For trackpad drivers, I installed the PS2 drivers and for audio, the Voodoo drivers. They are working. My wifi doesn't work, but I use an Edimax nano USB adapter that has mac drivers. It cost $10 at Meritline.com. I was using Chameleon to boot, but it works better with Tony Mac's latest Chimera.

The trackpad is kind of buggy, I think there is a better driver for it that I used before and I have to find it. Sound is ok. Webcam works, not sure about microphone. Battery is recognized.

USB 2.0 works. USB 3.0 has power, but devices do not load. It used to freeze my system when I plugged into the 3.0 ports in SL, it does not do that any more.

No sleep, but I will try the speedstep fix mentioned above and see if that helps.

Thanks to all who participated in this thread, especially the OP. It helped a lot.

I am close, but eventually, it would be nice to be able to start without kernel flags and to have full graphics. I will keep following this thread to see if we get there.

Hey appleworm, i think so now i know why u had much more success in getting 6090xx to work then my 6053er,the thing is that my screen res is over 1440x900, and your is lower then that - and i need dsdt patching( http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851 ),right now i'm downloading vmware osx image to fix your dsdt file by that guide and after i'll try it - i hope so i'll finally get lion to work! ;)

EDITED:

Damn, can't find GFX0/IGD0 in your dsdt, may you can help me with editing it?

Send me your DSDT.aml

appleworm good job ;), yours kernel works for me.

But I have some questions:

_ My camera works in the first startup, but after just recognized as a USB HP TrueVision HD, and not working.?:fiery:

_ My graphic card is a 6490m amd, not like you. Where can I change this? I know, Apple also uses this graphics card.

_and Do You have horizontal scrolling with different destop? (or 4 finger multi-touch like in the demo :jester:)

:hammer: Thanks for the answers.

I'm using your provided dsdt,our laptops are 99% identical, just different screen sizes and resolutions, so patch your made dsdt :)

The important thing is that the BIOS is the same and therefore the DSDT too...

I made the modification you say. try it.

DSDT.aml.eXtremee.zip

For the future. In your DSDT GFX0 = IGPU

appleworm good job ;), yours kernel works for me.

But I have some questions:

_ My camera works in the first startup, but after just recognized as a USB HP TrueVision HD, and not working.?:fiery:

_ My graphic card is a 6490m amd, not like you. Where can I change this? I know, Apple also uses this graphics card.

_and Do You have horizontal scrolling with different destop? (or 4 finger multi-touch like in the demo :jester:)

;) Thanks for the answers.

You use my kernel or have used the DVD?

My camera works as USB HP TrueVision HD.

ATI 6770M doesn't work. As I do yours work?

Trackpad works with voodooPS2Trackpad. I think there' re other better methods (without VoodooPS2x) but is of little importance to me.

Thanx for dsdt, i'll restart and try it now, but also i have 1question:

Do you have "disable switchable graphics" in your bios? Because i don't, and from users posts of switchable graphics with 5*** - the only way to make ATI work was to disable it in bios, i think so we need to do the same, but my bios doesn't have this feature :S

i've downloaded your image. i must say u saved me from all the trouble :S

i have a HP DV6 6002ev Laptop and your image is working very well,

my specs are:

i5-2410M 2.3ghz

ATI HD6770m 1gb DDR5 & INTEL HD 3000 (Switchable)

4GB RAM DD3 1333mhz

IDT Sound

From your DMG

Sound: Working

Battery icon: Working

Touchpad: Working

Ethernet Lan: Working

Intel HD3000 and Ati 6770m are identified from System Info

Is there any way or are u working for activating any of these features?

Switch Graphics between 6770m and Intel 3000 HD

Left USB ports

Card Reader

RT5390 Wifi

Sleep

Thanks for your dmg!

hello mate.can you share your DSDT file? i have the same laptop .

thanks in advance

You use my kernel or have used the DVD?

My camera works as USB HP TrueVision HD.

ATI 6770M doesn't work. As I do yours work?

Trackpad works with voodooPS2Trackpad. I think there' re other better methods (without VoodooPS2x) but is of little importance to me.

I use my DVD purchased to apple, but with all your dvd modification ( chameleon rc5 extra kernel extention dsdt..), it's like your dvd

my camera are just recognized as USB HP TrueVision HD but d'ont work with skype, photo booth or facetime, it said "you don't have camera"

I think, if i change the graphic card with my real, it's possible to having camera.

but Ati 6770M work and not intel HD 3000!(not like you?)! with a lot of bug, when i move a window for example

can anyone check facetime?

i used chimera with facetime fix but still is'nt working.

Where' s the problem?

My Facetime works normally.

I use my DVD purchased to apple, but with all your dvd modification ( chameleon rc5 extra kernel extention dsdt..), it's like your dvd

my camera are just recognized as USB HP TrueVision HD but d'ont work with skype, photo booth or facetime, it said "you don't have camera"

I think, if i change the graphic card with my real, it's possible to having camera.

but Ati 6770M work and not intel HD 3000!(not like you?)! with a lot of bug, when i move a window for example

What? ATI is working with Artifacts?

if it works with my dsdt the information you see on "about this mac" does not matter.

How do you know that works with ATI?

Where' s the problem?

if it works with my dsdt the information you see on "about this mac" does not matter.

i try to log in and i get this error " the server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later"

i used chimera 1.5.4 that fix this bug, but the error remains

i made another a serial for smbios.plist with Lizard but still nothing

i tried with wifi and lan but the same thing again...

can you help me?

i installed your image a couple of times but still nothing.

i have a HP Dv6-6002ev which is very identical with yours...

Intel i5-2410M 2.3 GHz

Switchable Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB DDR5)

4 GB DDR3

rt5390 wifi

sorrowdreamer you are using the DSDT.aml from appleworm or you have ur's? i have the same laptop as you but cant get audio working and doesnt recognise the touchpad. i need to plug a usb first or else bluetooth assistant starts.also facetime doesnt work for me also

sorrowdreamer you are using the DSDT.aml from appleworm or you have ur's? i have the same laptop as you but cant get audio working and doesnt recognise the touchpad. i need to plug a usb first or else bluetooth assistant starts.also facetime doesnt work for me also

i use appleworm's dsdt and i dont have any problem with sound or touchpad...

my sound doesnt work for me from the begining but after i install the kext files from extra folder with kext helper sound is working fine.

1755450[/url]']

Where' s the problem?

I don't realy not , but when i go in the config of World of Warcraft, he recognized6770m and not the Intel card . ( on windows i have los dos)And when i modify something in config, sometime work perfectly, but sometime thé PC reboot With à lot of graphical bug so ....It's possible thé card don't work but i thought that your and my card were working.!

Brightness keys needs remapping

When i click on

fn+right shift (the one with pause)

increase brightness work, and i couldn't find decrease brightness button.

AppleWorm Could you remap the Brightness keys into the appropriate keys in your DSDT?

Thanx for dsdt, i'll restart and try it now, but also i have 1question:

Do you have "disable switchable graphics" in your bios? Because i don't, and from users posts of switchable graphics with 5*** - the only way to make ATI work was to disable it in bios, i think so we need to do the same, but my bios doesn't have this feature :S

So i tried dsdt - the result is the same, anyway i rewritten chameleon and lion again and now i can boot up lion, but no qe/ci as same it was on 10.6.8 - and kyle_c bootloader which helped me to get qe/ci on 10.6.8 on intel - doesn't boot up, and my modified chimera 1.5.4 boot file based on kyle_c - didn't helps too

Here's my modified chimera 1.5.4 bootloader with kyle_c intel.gma file ant my modified ati_c which recognizes 6770m and tries to load hydrilla, anyway for me - it didn't helped, maby it will work for somebody else:

http://www.mediafire.com/?56tqupp619f1tmz

So i install your dmg, and it's the same.

with the graphic card so you are right...

and for the camera works in the first sartup with registration etc.. but when i boot for the second time the camera are just recognised

I have a DV7-6163us. It has core i7 2630 processor, 6GB ram, Intel HD 3000, USB 2.0 and 3.0, Intel wifi, webcam, HDMI out, Synaptics trackpad, Beats Audio. After a lot of effort, I had it working with 10.6.8 with everything except graphics and HDMI out. I installed Lion via Kakewalk, and I was able to get it to boot Lion using a lot of kernel flags. No graphics or 64 bit anything. I had to use cpus=1, arch=i386 and GraphicsEnabler=no.

I reinstalled using this install disk, and it gives me a little better version of Lion. I think I had to use cpus=1 and GraphicsEnabler=no to install, but that was it. It installed nicely. After install, it took a while to get it to boot. To get it to boot, I have to use the following kernel flags:

cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=no DSDT=yes -v -f

The Intel HD 3000 is recognized. I still don't have HD graphics, although I have 64 bit going. I have 1024x 768.

I tried running it with the base install, i.e., what I had right after install completed, then I transferred the DSDT, smbios.plist and org.chameleon.plist files from the install disk per instructions, then I tried using my own DSDT that I previously used with SL. It seems to run pretty much the same no matter whether I run it fresh, modified with the Extra folder items, or with my own DSDT. For trackpad drivers, I installed the PS2 drivers and for audio, the Voodoo drivers. They are working. My wifi doesn't work, but I use an Edimax nano USB adapter that has mac drivers. It cost $10 at Meritline.com. I was using Chameleon to boot, but it works better with Tony Mac's latest Chimera.

The trackpad is kind of buggy, I think there is a better driver for it that I used before and I have to find it. Sound is ok. Webcam works, not sure about microphone. Battery is recognized.

USB 2.0 works. USB 3.0 has power, but devices do not load. It used to freeze my system when I plugged into the 3.0 ports in SL, it does not do that any more.

No sleep, but I will try the speedstep fix mentioned above and see if that helps.

Thanks to all who participated in this thread, especially the OP. It helped a lot.

I am close, but eventually, it would be nice to be able to start without kernel flags and to have full graphics. I will keep following this thread to see if we get there.

hello

I have the same specs in my hp and you have a US model. I havent been able to install the appleworm disc, all i get after the loading is a black screen, seems like it goes into the installer but it is unable to display. I used the flags that you posted and its still the same result. I have the 6770m, bios: InsydeH2O Ver. 03.60.48F.1A

Brightness keys needs remapping

When i click on

fn+right shift (the one with pause)

increase brightness work, and i couldn't find decrease brightness button.

AppleWorm Could you remap the Brightness keys into the appropriate keys in your DSDT?

Decrease brightness button is on the intro. <--

I don't know how.

I don't realy not , but when i go in the config of World of Warcraft, he recognized6770m and not the Intel card . ( on windows i have los dos)And when i modify something in config, sometime work perfectly, but sometime thé PC reboot With à lot of graphical bug so ....It's possible thé card don't work but i thought that your and my card were working.!

Algo me dice que hablas español jeje.

A ver... En Windows todos tenemos las dos. En Mac puede que la reconozca pero no puedes activarla. Que el Wow te diga que la tienes no significa que esté funcionando. Si realmente es así pon unas capturas! :)

Algo me dice que hablas español jeje.

A ver... En Windows todos tenemos las dos. En Mac puede que la reconozca pero no puedes activarla. Que el Wow te diga que la tienes no significa que esté funcionando. Si realmente es así pon unas capturas! :(

Soy francés y hablo español. Yo aprendí en México, pero no perfecto.smile.gif

Tenías razón para el 6770m, porque no podía trabajar con mi 6490m

Además, My cousin works with people on the net for a trackpad has four fingers, but is not currently compatible, infact they are only at the point of recognition of four fingers with a synaptic software on Packard bell with Os X lion.

So it's far from over