Lion DSDT Sleep fix for HP DC7900

ebmesnow

15 posts in this topic

Hope someone can help

I have a HP DC7900 with an ATI HD5670 GPU successfully running retail Lion the only extra kexts being fakeSMC, VoodooHDA and AppleIntelE1000e. I have made several modifications to the DSDT most important being HPET which stopped the USB ports working. The only remaining item being sleep not working, it goes into half sleep, though fans still running then it will not wake.

I did previously have it working, sort of under Snow leopard 10.6.8 using sleepenabler, although the first time it went to sleep it woke immediately, after that it worked perfectly. With Lion I get kernel panics when I use sleepenabler regardless of pmVersion settings.

If nothing else hope my DSDT helps someone else getting a HP DC7900 running, you do need to add a supported graphics card though. I have also included the original DSDT extracted from Win7.

Many thanks

send_me.zip

MaLd0n

Many thanks for the very quick reply, unfortunately I got a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 'No HPETs available CPU(s) configured incorrectly'

However got a little further comparing your DSDT with mine, made some changes on mine and have got sleep working although it still behaves a little strange first time.

One difference I see between the two is the IRQ's for HPET I have 4 defined whilst yours has 2 and they are different.

I will have a play over next couple of days and see what makes a difference.

Thanks again

I have a compaq/hp 6510b which I can get almost all features running correctly on a Lion Retail installapart from sleep using a supplied DSDT from kexts.com. I have similar problem where feels like it has gone to sleep but fans stay running and power light stays on. The graphics is 3100 with dual link 1400 x 900 and uses a Natit kext to get that functioning correctly. If there is achance I would love for someone to have a look at the dsdt and possibly get sleep working. thanks

RYan

DSDT.aml is attached wi th smbios and chameleon options thanks for looking

Extra.zip

enable HPET in bios setup

The HP DC7900 bios is a bit limited and does not allow the switching on/off of HPET. However I managed to fix my original DSDT by comparing with what you provided and at least I have working after a fashion. It does go to sleep and wake correctly now except the very first time it goes to sleep it goes through the process of sleep but then wakes immediately before going straight back to sleep again, after that it functions perfectly every time until next re boot, I can live with this extra few seconds.

In the end I think it was removing the IRQ from the RTC which I thought I had already done. The kernel panic in MaLd0n's DSDT was nothing to do with the IRQ for HPET which was my first thought.

If anyone is interested I have attached my DSDT, I also have an edited plist for voodooHDA as by default this does not work properly with the DC 7900.

MaLd0n many thanks for your help, and such a rapid reply.

HPDC7900_DSDT.zip

• 2 months later...
The HP DC7900 bios is a bit limited and does not allow the switching on/off of HPET. However I managed to fix my original DSDT by comparing with what you provided and at least I have working after a fashion. It does go to sleep and wake correctly now except the very first time it goes to sleep it goes through the process of sleep but then wakes immediately before going straight back to sleep again, after that it functions perfectly every time until next re boot, I can live with this extra few seconds.

In the end I think it was removing the IRQ from the RTC which I thought I had already done. The kernel panic in MaLd0n's DSDT was nothing to do with the IRQ for HPET which was my first thought.

If anyone is interested I have attached my DSDT, I also have an edited plist for voodooHDA as by default this does not work properly with the DC 7900.

Thanks for the info guys. I am installing the DSDT now, and hoping the sleep wil work properly and the audio.

Restarting now... :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I am also working on getting OSX up and running on a DC 7900 using Lion 10.7.2. I've managed to get everything working well so far except for the sound.

The latest version of VoodooHDA (2.7.3) won't load at boot and if it does leads to kernel panic. If I load it manually the ports are not read correctly and I get no internal speaker and no sound volume control (I think I know how this can be fixed).

Now I am trying to get the sound working using AppleHDA from this link: http://www.osx86.net..._10.6.4%29.html, I know the sound card is an ADI 1884, but I have no idea how to add it either to AppleHDA or in the DSDT.

By the way, the above DSDT works great.

Any piece of advice would be great.

It's SFF.

I used iATKOS L2 to install OSX and than updated to Lion 10.7.4.

I've decided to use Voodoo HDA for now, which I manually load after OSX loads.

Still no internal speaker. Also if the computer sleeps for too long, it freezes when I log back in into OSX (it looks like it can't weak up the HDD even though I set the HDD to never sleep).

Apart from that, everything is working, including the video card (Nvidia GT 440) and the wireless card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ebmesnow,

Thanks for your DSDT. Using it in conjunction with SleepEnabler has allowed me to put my DC7900 to sleep and to wake it up again by pressing the power button. However, when I do press the power button, only the display wakes up. The keyboard and mouse are no longer functional. Do you have an updated DSDT for the DC7900 system, or can you provide any advice?