• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
yep, thanks, I'm aware of techpowerup.com but depreciate their vgabios vault because, as often as vendors issue hardware revisions, everyone should take the minute to dump their own rom. In this case, the two Saphire 1GB roms there (ranging from 2009 - 2011) are DIFFERENT than mine, which has the code name 'Park' (offered there are Redwood and Cedar). I have attached it just for reference, and also uploaded here (scroll down to dl via one of the blue buttons labeled 'CLICK HERE').

As usual, renaming the ROM dump accdg. to nomenclature (either 'venid_devid.rom' or 'venid_devid_subsys.rom', or via duplicate both, copying into /Extra and enabling ATIBios in the boot plist did not have any effect, regardless of GE on/off, and/or ATIConfigs, and/or different boot loaders incl. Chimera latest 1.8.1 ...

So then I again stumbled across Kabyl's topic ATI Radeon HD6000, HD5000 and HD4000 series support in Chameleon and these contributions from PGHammer and atka, clarifying that the HD5450s (all variants) FB personalities got purposely nulled by the Chameleon team in ati.c, because the GPUs in the HD5450s are actually mobile GPUs with the BIOS from the HD4890 non-mobile. Enabling framebuffers for the HD5450s would have added confusion for these other two GPU branches the HD5450s are based on. For Snow Leo there is specific boots which inject correct FBs for some variants of the HD5450. These boots do unfortunately not work for Lion. For both, Snow and Lion, there is the ATI5000Injector which again adds correct FBs for a few more of the HD5450s. Since there does not yet seem to be a dedicated boot for my specific card's GPU (codename 'Park'), I'd either have to drill down bcc9's instructions incl. hex editing (which might have to be repeated after an OS X update = not a good idea), or get a recent Lion-capable boot w. FB selection for my HD5450 enabled, so I can change it via ATIConfig.

I know who to contact. Should be solvable :)

Attached Files

client00

client00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
OK. Keep us informed :)

paul o

paul o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey everyone. I have been away from x86 for a couple of years, but considering coming back.

I have an Optiplex 745, full size desktop, which I am considering setting up.

It has an intel core 2 6600, at 2.93 ghz.

2 gigs of ddr pc2 5300

Radeon x1300/1550 series video card.(with dual monitor splitter cable)

Is there anything I should be concerned about with this set up, before I dive off?

thanks

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
re. the 745: no

re. the Radeon x1300/1550 series video card: it doesn't work that way - u need to know your exact model name and #, incl. Device ID and SubSys, then search these forums, and metacrawl ..

Madman_jp

Madman_jp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

BIOS 2.6.4. Core2Quad. Tried all sorts of bootloaders.

Kinda off topic Bugs, but was wondering how you got that Q6600 to run on your Optiplex. When I put mine in, the fan Just runs loud and no boot. I have The tower, and my CPU is the Q6600 SLACR MALAY 2.40GHz/8M/1066/05A... Any info would be appreciated... Other then that I have lion 10.7.3 running fairly nice at the exception of the sleep and No DSDT either. it boots to the loader, but does not start unless I manually chose the OS, which does not bother me too much since I have Lion, Snow Leo, and Win 7 on the same comp.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
I did a bunch of reading before I even purchased the 745 SFF for a few bucks, then ordered the Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB 1066MHz from eBay. It was a private offer so it's not there anymore. I always only order with return warranty - that way one can usually be sure that parts were pulled from a working system. Guess I had good luck. Maybe your Q6600 is defective .. However, when you can still boot your 745 w. a working CPU, make sure you are indeed running the latest BIOS, load Setup defaults in BIOS, save, turn off, swap CPU, power back on. Sometimes it takes several times power-cycling.

Always make sure you have ALL (not just power) cables disconnected incl. monitor and LAN (which do send small currents into the mobo).

Also, try different RAM, or extract one module, or swap modules into different slots (1/3 --> 2/4). The higher CPU frequency can also effect the RAM timing. I've had all sorts of oddities on comps in the past when swapping parts, and getting new ones to work. Also try nothing in any PCI slot, and if that helps to have the mobo recognize the CPU, reinsert after recognition.

Good luck :) Above is pretty much all you can try.

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I got the installation of 10.7 to work fine. However, now I am having the following problems and unable to install the required kext, chameleon, etc...

1) I keep having too use the following bootflag: -x -v rd=disk1s2. If I don't use safe mode, I can't boot into the OS and get stuck at the a blank black screen.
2) When I insert a USB drive, I am unable to mount it. Disk Utility recognizes the USB drive, but unable to mount it. It tells me to use Repair, but even after doing so it doesn't mount.

Madman_jp

Madman_jp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I did a bunch of reading before I even purchased the 745 SFF for a few bucks, then ordered the Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB 1066MHz from eBay. It was a private offer so it's not there anymore. I always only order with return warranty - that way one can usually be sure that parts were pulled from a working system. Guess I had good luck. Maybe your Q6600 is defective .. However, when you can still boot your 745 w. a working CPU, make sure you are indeed running the latest BIOS, load Setup defaults in BIOS, save, turn off, swap CPU, power back on. Sometimes it takes several times power-cycling.

Always make sure you have ALL (not just power) cables disconnected incl. monitor and LAN (which do send small currents into the mobo).

Also, try different RAM, or extract one module, or swap modules into different slots (1/3 --> 2/4). The higher CPU frequency can also effect the RAM timing. I've had all sorts of oddities on comps in the past when swapping parts, and getting new ones to work. Also try nothing in any PCI slot, and if that helps to have the mobo recognize the CPU, reinsert after recognition.

Thanks for the Tip...gonna give it a try..If it does not work, will take the wife's e6700 and swap it with my e6300 :D ....

unaligned

unaligned

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Greetings,

Am I to take it from:

VGA: Gainward NVIDIA GT 220 512 MB DDR3 PCI-e card (barely fits, other cards may not clear the mainboard capacitors or the CPU cooler).Onboard Intel GMA 3000 is supported. Note ( GMA 3000 will support with GMA950 KEXT and enabler also desired resolutions in Chameleon peripherals needs to be done ) then you will get your screen resolutions with no problem ....any questions edited by ( arifshen@aol.com ) on Jan 2012

on

http://wiki.osx86pro...ps#Optiplex_745

That everything I hear regarding the 745's integrated graphics not being supported is no longer true? I have a stock DFF 745 and I want to give it a shot. I am new to hackintosh, and I'm trying to figure it all out before I start in.

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I am having issues with my Dell 745. I am able to create the installation USB perfectly fine. However, the issue I am having is that I always have to boot into safe mode using the bootflag -x (I have to boot into safe mode during USB installation, and even after successful installation). If I don't boot into safe mode, I get stuck on a black screen with a cursor.

I also tried booting with the following bootflags, however, none of them fixed the issue: GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, "Graphics Mode"=1024x768x32, etc...

I am guess this issue might be related to graphics card. I have a Radeon X1300 256MB. Vendor ID = 0x1002 and Device ID: 0x7146.

Specs:
  • Model:Dell Optiplex 745 DCSM
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.40GHz
  • Front Side Bus: 1066MHz
  • 4096KB L2 Cache
  • 4096MB Dual PC2-4200
  • Hard Drive: 500GB Sata
  • Ram Speed: 533MHz
  • 3.0GB/S Link Speed
  • 64-Bit Capable
  • Radeon X1300 256MB
  • http://www.dell.com/...45techspecs.pdf

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
just rip out the extra grfx card and boot w/o it - you'll know immediately if you're issue is due to the grfx card .. :compress:

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

just rip out the extra grfx card and boot w/o it - you'll know immediately if you're issue is due to the grfx card .. :compress:

At the moment I am unable to remove the graphic card. I will try that later and post results. But however, my integrated graphics card is GMA 3000, which according to some research, it is not supported.

I think, I kinda have found possible problem why I can only boot in safemode. According to the guide, http://wiki.osx86pro...ps#Optiplex_745, I need to install the following kext: FakeSMC, AppleRTC, EvOReboot, NullCPUPowerManagement, Sleepenabler. In addition, after doing some research on x1300 graphic card, I need to also install EVOEnabler.kext. However, I am unsure where to find these kext. Can I use the kext from verdant's nForce guide (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=263931)? What about the EVOEnabler.kext? where do I get this one?

d620osx

d620osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thank you Client, Bugsb and Carrick, using the info on the wiki and this thread I have a SFF Optiplex 745 working with Lion 10.7.3 with dual screen using the Sapphire HD5450 graphics card.

Greetings,

Am I to take it from:

on

http://wiki.osx86pro...ps#Optiplex_745

That everything I hear regarding the 745's integrated graphics not being supported is no longer true? I have a stock DFF 745 and I want to give it a shot. I am new to hackintosh, and I'm trying to figure it all out before I start in.

Hi

I followed the wiki and tried the kexts for the as suggested and could not get it to work. I bought a sapphire hd 5450 graphics card from amazon plugged it and and all working fine without any kexts.

Bugsb, do you find a big difference in speed against the core2duo that the 745 is supplied with. Also if I do decide to get a quad cpu what should I be looking at.

Thank you

unaligned

unaligned

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I followed the wiki and tried the kexts for the as suggested and could not get it to work. I bought a sapphire hd 5450 graphics card from amazon plugged it and and all working fine without any kexts.

Thanks for this. Looks like I'll be getting a new card.

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Success! Got graphics working with QE/CI on my x1300 radeon (solution: http://www.beejblog....ow-leopard.html)

I am having the following issues now:

Sleep not working properly: Computer goes to sleep fine, however, on wake up, I hear the computer turn on, but I see nothing on display. I have installed the latest Sleepenabler.kext from http://code.google.c...sleep-enabler/.

DVD and DVD-RW drives are not working. Any suggestion on how to get these working?

unaligned

unaligned

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm trying to use iATKOS L2 to boot, and I am getting the following error:

USBMSC identifier (non-unique): <String of numbers>

I have searched for this issue and found some references - most of them have mentioned various boot flags to try. Thus far none have helped. Any suggestions?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
look-a-there, the 745 seems 2 b a desirable h'tosh .. ;)

@ Zythyr:
- great u'r up'n running!

- "integrated graphics card GMA 3000 is not supported": OS X boots with it all the way into the Desktop, however in VESA mode = no res. changes and no graphics hardware-level accellearation Apple style (Quartz Extreme/ Core Image), so videos would run very choppy, most games won't run. So for just running OS X VESA mode might be an acceptable compromise

- wake up from Sleep: "I hear the computer turn on, but I see nothing on display": that's how the 745s unfortunately behave - keep hitting a key on the keyboard until the screen wakes up, too. Since this happens across different grfx cards (even ATI/ Nvidia), it is most likely some issue in the BIOS (which might be solvable by editing the DSDT at the appropriate spot)

- DVD and DVD-RW driveS - why plural? Do 'they' work in Windows (or whatever else you have installed)? On a h'tosh, always install either Windows or/and Linux as parallel install for diagnosis.

@ d620osx: "Core2Duo vs. Core2Quad speed": dunno - my 745 SFF came with a crappy Pentium D (brrrrrr). The Q6600 2.4GHz has the best price/ power ratio. The strongest CPU you can insert onto the 745 mobo is the Intel Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz Quad Core. However, the CPU fan will go nuts .. One noth below (with much less power consumption than the X) is the Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz BX80562Q6700. Search eBay for a good offer - always tick 'returns accepted' as parameter ..

@ unaligned: I'm pretty sure I installed via iATKOS L2, also, back then still w. the Pentium-D, so I installed successfully with the parameter mach_atom -v
----------------------------------------------------------------
Saphire HD 5450 graphics card from Amazon: with a bit of hope a more-or-less correct framebuffer entry (so that particular apps like DVD player work, too) might get added into Chameleon's ati.c, see here. If you intend to play specific games on your hack w. the Amazon 5450, be warned: if a game requires the correct FB to be set it will most likely not even start. I tried the most current Chimera which allows overriding a knulled FB, but since the DID 68e1 is not nulled but already taken by the HD 5430M (mobile), even Chimera does not help here. My request is that you guys sign up/ log in at the Voodoo forums and add your request to mine here, emphasizing you have the exact same grfx card with same SubSys The more requesters the more weight a request gets = the higher the potential it gets solved.
----------------------------------------------------------------
In general a great post-install tool is tonymacx86's Mu|tibeast. If after install OS X does not even boot: boot Windows, install MacDrive, reboot, copy required kexts into /Extra/Extension.

unaligned

unaligned

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

@ unaligned: I'm pretty sure I installed via iATKOS L2, also, back then still w. the Pentium-D, so I installed successfully with the parameter mach_atom -v

I eventually got it working using a clean retail version of 10.7.3 and the process mentioned on the wiki page. Everything is perfect except for the fact that I can't get the App Store to recognize my computer. I've used pretty much every combination of steps regarding EFI string injection into org.chameleon.Boot.plist both manually and with EFI Studio, and adding boot flags to the above-mentioned plist to no avail.

I'm about to give up - not to mention the main reason I did this was to try to use it as a dev box for Corona SDK. And from the research I've done, even though I've got that running I'm going to have issues signing apps per Apple's Nazi dev policies. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a real Mac - or just dev for Android and continue living the poor house.

:wallbash:

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
I am not educated on this issue, but: are you using a smbios.plist in /Extra? I think you should (iMac 9,1 or similar)

Have you tried Mu|tibeast - does it offer a app-store hack?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
I am now succesfully logged into the app store, after extracting the Ethernet card's EFI string w. EFI studio, adding the following code into org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0400000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
restart, app store, login

Before it wouildn't work ("Device not recognized")

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy