P4 Cube

Tiger K

10 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of building a P4 cube just like the one here. All I need is the Cube enclosure and chassis which I can get on eBay and the Commell LV-670 which they sell here, I have the rest of the parts. Does anyone know if this motherboard can run OSx86 without any problems? If not, does anyone know which P4 Mini-ITX MBs will work? Thanx.

Guest bikedude880
Intel 845G series chipset built-in Intel Extreme Graphics and AC97 3D audio with SPDIF make COMMELL LV-670 be the high performance but low cost multi-media AV platform. With this feature, COMMELL LV-670 should be the ideal solution for VoD (video on demand), DVR (Digital Video Recorder), digital video broadcasting (DVB), streaming, surveillance, compression (MPEG), interaction server, POS, Kiosk, ATM, Panel PC, transaction workstation and terminal applications.

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 Interface: Intel ICH4 built-in Hi-Speed USB 2.0 controller and onboard IEEE 1394 chipset let COMMELL LV-670 offer up to 480 Mbps of Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and 100/200/400 Mbps of IEEE 1394 interfaces.

I believe the ICH4 chipset is supported, or so says a couple articles in the wiki. As for onboard video, I wouldn't try to get it to work, as no one has yet. You would be better off with a dedicated graphics card. Other than that, I don't see any problems with it, though I may have overlooked something.

very cool idea, ittl look sooo cool! im about to do one in a nes case (played out i know, but still cool as hell) i just gotta wait until the nes breaks... shouldnt be long tho (bought it offa a friend for 20 with a game and some controlers...)

max

• 3 weeks later...