P8P67 (rev.3.0) partially working, questions

crump

6 posts in this topic

Hi, new guy here. :D

Finally got my P8P67 (rev.3.0) partially working with Lion 10.7.

specs(fakesmc+smbios.plist):

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac12,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7 ~~(i7 2600k)

Processor Speed: 3.41 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

but the problems are:

1. Some of the usb ports aren't working, I think they are USB 3.0?

2. Not able to use brightness keys to adjust brightness, although I have been using Shades for long time. doesn't bother me much, but, is there anyway to make native brightness working?

3. I have Apple SSD SM128 but TRIM Support is not working for me.

4. for some reason Geekbench crashes everytime...I have a nice computer but I don't know what score can it get? :) too much ram maybe? report is in attachment.

Thanks for any suggestions.

GeekBenchCrashReport.txt

Hi,

is there any specific reason you used the iMac 12,2 smbios, besides the fact that your cpu is an i7?

Have you tested other configuration, perhaps a different smbios?

When I upgraded from 10.6.8 to Lion the main trouble was the loss of audio, other than that and as far as I've tested it seems to be working better on Lion than it did on SL :D

Havent tried tests other than "normal" use lol.

what method didi you use for install?

Thanks for your input.

I have ability to read and understand but this build is my first. just sold my 24" 2.4ghz iMac.

the installation method I used is mostly manual, copied BaseSystem, application and mach_kernel and used chameleon on the installer partition, alone with FakeSMC and NullCPUPowermanagement in /Extra/Extensions, to do a fresh install on the partition on the same SSD. after installation I had to copy these 2 kexts to the /System/Library/Extensions to make Lion boot-able.

then I extract DSDT and put it in /Extra, I forgot how many problem I solved after this lol (too much infomation in 2 days...) and :

I have patched AICPUPM using SpeedStepper v1.2 for Lion 10.7.0 and got rid of the NullCPUPowermanagement;

used SleepEnabler to make the sleep/wake working; also a few general patches I found on the net for DSDT to make power button sleep working.. ;

and used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8.0 to install sound driver, which i'm not sure if it was necessary, didn't check before install it...;

and install a realtek Ethernet driver to make ethernet working after wake up from sleep...

I think that's it..don't have a good documentation habit lol

the reason why I used iMac 12,2 smbios is because I think that's the closest hardware spec to my computer? I don't have to use it but it's nice to see the sys profiler to show the "most" correct info..i don't think this will affect much since the problems i mention exist before I install this smbios.plist from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], or am I missing something?

I don't really want to use tools like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to do the work for me, but then I have a small desk and 2 computers on the same desktop made me rush things LOL..

still little confuse about DSDT's script tho....

I assume that even with a different smbios, you'd still have the correct hardware info displayed. Well, my machine's got system definitions of a 3,1 macpro and all the hardware info's displayed properly ;) . do you by any chance have another HDD you could test (maybe test a different install method on there to compare?) the main challenge I've had on this machine was actually the graphics card (Geforce 5xx series), cause I didn't play it safe and went for a sure thing like other known compatible cards. Well, it was actually because of the graphics card that I made the move to Lion. I got another machine running SL. Though I hadn't tested the DSDT approach I reckon a lot of people choose that way, for it's vanilla-like kind of install. I haven't tried sleep (it's not a function I need on the OS X side of my machine) so I can't really compare it to your DSDT install, but I've noticed among other things that at least on one of my HDD's in system profiler I get USB super speed bus detected so in theory the usb 3 ports should be working. perphaps an attempt to do a Snow Leopard install on another HD followed by a Lion upgrade could solve the issues you pointed out?

but the problems are:

1. Some of the usb ports aren't working, I think they are USB 3.0?

2. Not able to use brightness keys to adjust brightness, although I have been using Shades for long time. doesn't bother me much, but, is there anyway to make native brightness working?

3. I have Apple SSD SM128 but TRIM Support is not working for me.

4. for some reason Geekbench crashes everytime...I have a nice computer but I don't know what score can it get? :D too much ram maybe? report is in attachment.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1. Install the USB 3.0 hacked driver.

2. Use Mac Pro 3,1/5,1 SMBios/Brightness is not going to work.

3. Trimhacker.

4. You are ATI, right? Use GraphicsEnabler.

1. Install the USB 3.0 hacked driver.

2. Use Mac Pro 3,1/5,1 SMBios/Brightness is not going to work.

3. Trimhacker.

4. You are ATI, right? Use GraphicsEnabler.

1. will try.

2. I use apple cinema display, so brightness is not a problem. however I found that I could use CineBench to do benchmarking. I've tested a few smcbios.plus, iMac 12,1 gave the best result...

3. TrimEnabler doesn't work for me..

4. OK...