Why Hackintosh fu*ks Laptop Batteries

aatkco

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm wondering why hackintosh destorys Laptop batteries, I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using MODCD on my HP dv6 Laptop and it decreases 1% per minute ! even its performance completely changed when using Windows after installing Hackintosh.

So I decided to stop using Hackintosh until I find a solution for this issue.

even now I prepared a USB Lion installer using Maldon Guide on My HP Desktop and tried to install it on this Laptop , just minutes of "System uptime in nanoseconds is X" and stuck at it andwhen I booted to Windows again 100%----> 77% !!

Is it just me or I'm missing something ?

Does Hackintosh drains and corrupts Batteries ? Does Battery performance and uptime changes/decreases ? :D

I'm really sad for may battery and for being not able to use Mac on my Laptop.

Note : ModCd auto-installs battery kext

• 3 weeks later...
Never heard of this , what is speedstep and how it affect battery life ? and how to make it work probably ?

Thanks in advance

Speedstep means to run Apples own"vanilla",stock as in OSX included Intel CPU drivers and CPU/Battery/Mainboard Powermanager and not "NullCPUpowermanagement.kext" ( which disables effectively every powersaver options in the OSX kernel for Intel CPUs ) .

For being able to run OSX like on a real Core (2) Solo/Duo and higher machine one needs to have a fixed DSDT.aml. As you might know Apple machines have no BIOS, instead they are booted by EFI firmware. Now for a hackintosh all the infos that the BIOS has needs to be translated so that OSX understands how to talk to the hardware. DSDT.aml is The BIOS "code", and chameleon can parse this code and tell OSX that it is EFi devices instead of BIOS ACPI devices..

The DSDT of PCs is only good for Windows ( and in recent years for Linux ) , Windows can read it "correctly", for all other OS there are always errors and the OS needs to do more or less tricks and hacks to speak to the hardware like Windows. For OSX even more so is needed , because the DSDT of course has no single macintosh specific codes in it. This needs to be added / changed manually and then OSX will run much better and features will be enabled that do not work without.

For Vanilla CPU power the main thing to fix in the code is HPET. ( And another important is CMOS corruption and RTC code, OSX resets PC Bios on every reboot otherwise on a lot of machines ).

Real Battery usage is only possible if you learn this DSDT things. Every PC/laptop needs different tweaks applied, only some are common for all.

• Like 2