4 replies to this topic

mayhemm88

mayhemm88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hello All,
I finally got my first hackintosh up and running. It works perfectly except for one issue that is bothering me. I have a GTX 570. QE/CI works with graphicsenabler=yes but I am having strange OpenGL errors. Everything looks fine, even in benchmarks until you try to run a 3D game (even chess bombs out). At this point the game launches but there is either a black screen or very garbled graphics that resemble snow on a TV that is not getting a signal. This is very annoying because it crashes Lion (rainbow beach balls) to the point where I need to restart.

Anyone have any ideas or have a similar problem with this series of cards?

I am on a P6X58D premium motherboard with a 4.0GHz Xeon W3520 and 12GB of DDR3 2000. The card is in the PCI slot closest to the CPU socket

JohnnyD

JohnnyD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Computers
I had garbled 3D on my D630 laptop with Nvidia Quadro NVS 135m in 3D games. my solution was, for the main game I play (World of Warcraft) I got a windows version installed using wineskin and it works flawlessly. I even get the same frames I got with SL.

I know its only a band-aid but its something until one of the gurus find a better solution.

Hope this helps!

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts
add this to your kernel boot flag
npci=0×2000

CooSee ' Ya

mayhemm88

mayhemm88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
tried that, did not work although my machine now boots faster :P any other suggestions? System is running perfectly otherwise, and I know I am not the only one having this issue

pierrandre

pierrandre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
tried this ? http://www.insanelym...p...0074&st=40#

try the whole thread : http://www.insanelym...p...260074&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy