4 replies to this topic

Saint Stryfe

Saint Stryfe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Heya,

Just a Q: I like having a on-default bootloader, so I use rEFIt on my iMac to select my Windows and Mac partitions without having to hold option (which is flakey because I use a non-standard keyboard).

Is it working in 10.7?

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
The changelog doesn't mention Lion compatibility but you could try it out (be careful).

indiano

indiano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had to format my disk to install 10.7 Lion on my harddrive cause it needs the GUID partition table. So I also had to reinstall rEFIt 0.14.

It works absolutely fine (of course it still needs to be booted twice to show up)!

Got my Mac OS X/Ubuntu Dualboot running smoothly again.

Greetz,

indy

PS: In case you need to reinstall Ubuntu, I would start with the 10.04 Version as it seems to have all the needed drivers. As soon as Ubuntu is installed, the upgrade is no problem.

mrintegra

mrintegra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 15 posts
It works fine on my first gen MacBook Air. I have it installed on a separate 1GB (wouldn't let me make it any smaller) partition on it's own. This prevents from having to install every time I upgrade my OS. Just remember to bless the partition that it is installed on to prevent any boot delays.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
it didn't work initially in Lion. in order to get it to work, I had to go into the terminal and use sudo /efi/refit/enable-always.sh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy