• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

stargazer418

stargazer418

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
When I try to install apps off the Mac App Store after updating to 10.6.8, this happens: Posted Image

Is there any way to fix this, or if not, to downgrade to 10.6.7? I have tried going into iTunes and deauthorizing/reauthorizing the computer to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sleepytime

Sleepytime

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I had the same problem as you. It's an easy fix, though.

Just add the following addendum to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hopefully that fixes the Mac App Store for you. It worked for me. :D

stargazer418

stargazer418

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
That worked, thanks so much! I would never have found that myself.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi I've done the instruction, but unfortunately I am still having problem accessing app store. I also deleted my networkinterfaces.plist after the edition, but still error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." manifest. Any ideas what is causing this?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
Try adding PciRoot=1 to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (com.apple.Boot.plist if you're using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 and older)

On some motherboards, Chameleon GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn need that to be set in order to work.

This topic has a sister topic in Lion Post Installation forum, read:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=273504
The issue is the same and the solution is the same.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi forgive me for asking, how can I implement PCIroot=1 at my com.apple.boot.plist, I tried adding it but encountered an error on saving. Using plistedit pro.

stargazer418

stargazer418

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Copy to desktop, edit the copy, then copy it back.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi I am not having problem on saving because of security reasons eg cannot write on file. I am having a problem on the PCIroot=1 where will it place in the file since because when I place the PCIroot=1 I got an error on plsitedit pro "The save could not be completed because the text is not a valid property list. Encountered unexpected character P on line 19" I don't know if this will be entered inside the <plist><dict></dict></plist>.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
Either the editor you are using is breaking the formatting of the plist, or the formatting was broken already.

zip and attach your com.apple.Boot.plist here and I (or someone else if I'm not around) will fix it for you.
Use the full editor to attach files.

If you don't want to wait, try to find Apple's own plist editor and use that instead of plist edit pro.
I'm sure it's attached somewhere around here, or you can try googling it.

If you can't or don't want to do that:
The plist editor is part of Apple Developer tools (Xcode - on your retail Snow Leopard install DVD), use Pacifist (google it) to extract the plist editor from the Xcode installer package if you don't want to install the whole thing.

You should be editing the plist in /Extra - specific permissions are not required for any files in the /Extra hierarchy, Chameleon loads those and it doesn't care about permissions. So, unless you're editing the wrong file, it's weird that you're having a permissions issue.

nate5532

nate5532

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I am also having problems with the mac app store. I've done the previous steps outlined with the

<string>Yes</string>

and

PciRoot=1

but I am still having the same error message. The guide I followed to install 10.6.8 had me remove the com.apple.Boot.plist and replace it with org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Could this be problematic? Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, I'm new to this and not sure if I did something wrong.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>arch</key>
	<string>i386</string>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1024x768x32</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
	<key>ShowInfo</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Default</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	PciRoot=1
</dict>
</plist>

I'm using an ep35-ds3l with a q6600 and 10.6.8 is otherwise running awesome, no problems. I want to get this working so I can attempt to install Lion, and apparently the app store is going to be the only way.. Any help is appreciated.

nate5532

nate5532

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
And here is my cham file with the different boot list

Attached Files

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
ncmontas: I asked you to zip and attach your Boot.plist, not post the contents. I cannot help you if you don't do what I ask.

Stargazer: PciRoot=1 is not a kernel flag, it's a Chameleon boot flag, the PciRoot is set/detected by Chameleon, not by the kernel!

Nate:

If you're using a recent SVN build of Chameleon 2.0 RC5, org.chameleon.Boot.plist is correct. But...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	 <key>Kernel</key>
	 <string>mach_kernel</string>
	 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
	 <string></string>
	 <key>arch</key>
	 <string>i386</string>
	 <key>DropSSDT</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>GeneratePStates</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>GenerateCStates</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 <key>Graphics Mode</key>
	 <string>1024x768x32</string>
	 <key>Timeout</key>
	 <string>5</string>
	 <key>ShowInfo</key>
	 <string>No</string>
	 <key>Theme</key>
	 <string>Default</string>
	 <string>Yes</string>
	 PciRoot=1
</dict>
</plist>

You can't just stick PciRoot=1 in there willy-nilly, you must follow the syntax:

<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

This is wrong:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>

arch=i386 is a kernel flag:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

benitosanduchi

benitosanduchi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks a million, guys. I added PciRoot=1 and App Store lets me log in now.

Only problems left since updating to 10.6.8 are that I need to use VoodooHD to get audio (which is way too quiet/hissy) and having iTunes not recognize my iPhone after a restart. Argh. The struggle continues.

numb3r23

numb3r23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
worked for me also, thx very much (all other methods I found didnt [EFI injector, remove network interfaces, ...])

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:All things technology.
I'm using a Marvel Yukon ethernet PCI card instead of my onboard motherboard ethernet. Any idea how I would fix the problem with this setup?

I included my DSDT and boot.plist in the attached zip. I have added both:

<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

My /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist contains:

[codebox]<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
AFBDAIdM
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEX0@1C/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/yukon2osx/yukon/IOEthernetInterface</string>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
<dict>
<key>UserDefinedName</key>
<string>Ethernet Adaptor (en0)</string>
</dict>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>Ethernet</string>
</dict>[/codebox]

Attached Files

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
sorry for that, attached is my boot.plist.

Attached Files

luniz7

luniz7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is this the case with 10.6.8v1.1? I updated to v1.1 and I cant login to the app store any more. I could before they did the supplemental update though.

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Had the same issue, I had to generate an EFI string for my ethernet and combine it with my graphics string, set ethernet to (en0) in NetworkInterfaces.plist.

System is a Novatech X10 netbook (MSI Wind clone)

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I had lots of problems getting the mac appstore to work with the last 10.6.8 v1.1 and even before that when the original 10.6.8 came out. I did all the things I could possibly do and it would just come up with the same error, like in the first post. I have an nvidia 8800 card and need an efi string to get it to work properly. The problem I was facing was that when I added the network efi string the graphics dissappeared and after reboot it would still not work. To add the 2 I did the following; Just add the network efi string, it will erase the graphics one. Instead of restarting add the graphics one back on and you will see that it will show both on. This is using efi studio by the way. You won't be able to close that window once it's done so just click on the apple menu and reboot or shut down. Once I was back on everything worked, including the mac appstore and the graphics. If anyone needs any help message me.

Thanks goes out to JamesLittler for making me try again.

SMatanza

SMatanza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey!

This solution works for me:

• Delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Reboot
  • Remove all the network adapter configuration in "System Preferences > Network"
  • After ALL the network adapter are removed add another NEW network adapter by pressing "+" sign at the bottom left of the network preferences
Let us know!!!

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy