[100% Working] ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

jamesst20

72 posts in this topic

So you need to dump the BIOS and show the output... Are you booting 64bit? My patch only works under 64bit mode.

im booting with 32 bit ;) .. ill try to patch it myself (10.6.8 kext) and tell you the result...

Sadly my card working semi-OK only on Hoolock ;) I trying to patch Hoolock entries but no luck.

Interesting... Default Hoolock is completely unmatch with your BIOS decode:

0000000 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 21 03 05 01 Display Port

0000010 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 11 02 04 02 Display Port

0000020 04 00 00 00 14 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 02 04 01 03 DVI

Senseid 01 which is defined as a Display Port in Hoolock is the only match with your HDMI port in the card. Is there any output to your HDMI?

My patched Eulemur also don't have matched senseid with your LVDS, so it is normal for you don't get display from the main LCD screen while using mine.

Can you save and upload IORegistryExplorer dump while testing different framebuffer?

Interesting... Default Hoolock is completely unmatch with your BIOS decode:

0000000 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 21 03 05 01 Display Port

0000010 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 11 02 04 02 Display Port

0000020 04 00 00 00 14 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 02 04 01 03 DVI

Senseid 01 which is defined as a Display Port in Hoolock is the only match with your HDMI port in the card. Is there any output to your HDMI?

My patched Eulemur also don't have matched senseid with your LVDS, so it is normal for you don't get display from the main LCD screen while using mine.

Can you save and upload IORegistryExplorer dump while testing different framebuffer?

Im a little bit lost on this...

if im running 10.6.8 according to this Post, the personality is located in ATI5000controller.kext,

my question is, what kext exactly we gonna patch? ATIFramebuffer or ATI5000controller?

all i can see in bcc9,s thread is patching atiframebuffer.kext.

Im a little bit lost on this...

if im running 10.6.8 according to this Post, the personality is located in ATI5000controller.kext,

my question is, what kext exactly we gonna patch? ATIFramebuffer or ATI5000controller?

all i can see in bcc9,s thread is patching atiframebuffer.kext.

For Lion they are in ATI5000controller.kext

I know that completely not match my conifguration, but... all outputs work. When I connect HDMI, then LVDS screen enabling mirroring and change resolution, that cause black LVDS screen + output on HDMI/VGA.

For IOReg dump wait a moment.

EDIT: In samsonluk's personalities I changed SenseID's to mine, but not work too.

hoolock.ioreg.zip

YES! Finally its work! I managed to edit ATI5000Controller.kext 10.6.8 for Acer aspire 4745G.

Ati Radeon 5470M 512MB.

LVDS works, sleep is fine now.

:wacko:

Thank you samsonluk, I read your post on another thread and I finally understand about editing this stuff,

:blink:

YES! Finally its work! I managed to edit ATI5000Controller.kext 10.6.8 for Acer aspire 4745G.

Ati Radeon 5470M 512MB.

LVDS works, sleep is fine now.

;)

Thank you samsonluk, I read your post on another thread and I finally understand about editing this stuff,

:rolleyes:

Excellent! Do you have the following minor issues:

1) VGA shown as always connected while no monitor connect to VGA port

2) Brightness set as max. upon boot up / return from screen sleep

I know that completely not match my conifguration, but... all outputs work. When I connect HDMI, then LVDS screen enabling mirroring and change resolution, that cause black LVDS screen + output on HDMI/VGA.

For IOReg dump wait a moment.

EDIT: In samsonluk's personalities I changed SenseID's to mine, but not work too.

I am not around my hackintosh at the moment, will get back when I have a chance to take a look the ioreg dump...

Excellent! Do you have the following minor issues:

1) VGA shown as always connected while no monitor connect to VGA port

2) Brightness set as max. upon boot up / return from screen sleep

I am not around my hackintosh at the moment, will get back when I have a chance to take a look the ioreg dump...

At the moment, I'm only editng port@0 to work with LVDS, I dont have the hardware to try another port (VGA, HDMI),

as for brightness issue, i dont have that.. I'm using the lowest brightness setting and tried to sleep, wake up, reboot its still the same.. :rolleyes:

At the moment, I'm only editng port@0 to work with LVDS, I dont have the hardware to try another port (VGA, HDMI),

as for brightness issue, i dont have that.. I'm using the lowest brightness setting and tried to sleep, wake up, reboot its still the same.. ;)

The point is I also don't have a VGA monitor to connect but my VGA port shown as connected :rolleyes:

So you luck guy don't have my problems. I believe the brightness issue is something related with some setting in DSDT. It would be great if you can extract and upload your DSDT for me to study see if I can borrow some codes to fix mine.

as for brightness issue, i dont have that.. I'm using the lowest brightness setting and tried to sleep, wake up, reboot its still the same.. :D

Can you show me your personalities? If Acer, maybe it be similiar to me...

What framebuffer you using to run this?

EDIT: In attachment is my ioreg's dump when running on Eulemur (no QE/CI even on VNC, all ports not work) and Vervet (LVDS works, but I don't know about VGA/HDMI).

eulemur.ioreg.zip

vervet.ioreg.zip

@Mietas, Here is my ATI5000Controller.kext attached on this post and my DSDT..

Hope its help.

I,m using the default one, Eulemur

0000000 04 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 01 02 01 04
patched 02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 00 02 00 04

Have you tried This method?

-------------------------------

@samsonluk, about your VGA port, if you dont use it, set it to default... I dont think its related to DSDT, perhaps its related to Encoder & Transmitter ID Values?? Im not sure.. it is an important values to get it working properly. :)

ATI5000_DSDT_Acer4745G.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've tried the kexts from the first post, and they don't work for me. After booting using -v, the system is up (i think that because when I press the ON button followed by Enter I can see the messages saying CPU halted like system shutting down), but the display goes all scrambled (nothing readable except for Vervet where I can see the text from verbose boot and a black vertical line covering the middle of the display, hiding part of the text) in all three personalities I tried:

- Hoolock

- Eulemur

- Vervet

I'm currently running fresh 10.6.7 with the kexts from the first post and latest Chameleon. When booting I can see message Not loading kext.ATI5000Controller - not found and kextd not available at early boot. Don't know if its relevant, thought I should mention that.

Do you have any suggestions what else should I try?

Specs:

ASUS X52JE

Core i3-370M

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 MB

4GB RAM

No dsdt

1366x768 native res

P.S. 10.6.0 gives me 1024x resolution, updated to 10.6.7 using combo. Had to use -x -s and stop IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext as well, as kernel panics during the final phase of the update.

Thanks.

Yeah man theres a screenshot of my Laptop for you.

screenshot20110704at720.png

hi charlie, I find the chart with macbook SMBIOS 6.1 and would like to try with your photo smbios.plist the 6.2, I have the holoock lvd black screen, external works and I think maybe it SMBIOS q, my processor is i3 380m kind enough to put serious, I need thanks!!

Hi,

I have been trying to get my ATI 5470 Hd working on LION GM but without success. Im stuck with 1024x800 resolution without qe/ci.

I tried to go deeper and patch Lion original ati5000Controller.kext because the kexts from this topic didn´t match my card. I dumped the bios used bbc9 decoder to get senseId and changed the next however the result was the same. I tried with different personalities in chameleon boot plist, using graphics enabler and nothing changes. I don't know what I'm a doing wrong, i can see that nothing shows up in the ioreg(attached) at least that i can see, it seems that nothing is being injected. I used the injector that came with kexts in the link above in both S/L/E and E/E. Maybe the injector(attached) doesn't work for my.

In another attempt a patched my EDID like says in here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208410.

I already tried other kexts from another topics in this forum and nothing. I attached all the files that i'm using and all the info i can remember. (Kexts,logs,videoROM,plists).

I already tried different configurations in chameleon boot plist, like using VideoRom and Graphics Mode but it doesn't work.

Even with graphics mode i can't change my resolution. One thing that i noticed is that ATIFramebuffer is not loaded.

PS: I added the device ID of my card into the ATI5000Controller.kext

FILES:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gc1sn5zp3hevmgb

Hi, I solved my problems, now its working but in ioreg it always show connector type vga and the flags are not correct. I patched ati5000controller but it shows wrong values. The most annoying problem is sleep. I don't get image on wake up.

Any help ?

Hi, I solved my problems, now its working but in ioreg it always show connector type vga and the flags are not correct. I patched ati5000controller but it shows wrong values. The most annoying problem is sleep. I don't get image on wake up.

Any help ?

try to use my kexts.

Any help ?

How you solve your initial problem? You shouldn't need injector or add device ID in ATI5000controller.kext for HD5470 to works.

How you solve your initial problem? You shouldn't need injector or add device ID in ATI5000controller.kext for HD5470 to works.

I used a more recent version of chameleon r1229 and i had to override de EDID otherwise the screen stays white. I didn't inject de device ID.

Toshiba C660-1H6 here. Using this kext i can get QE/CI + VGA working using Hoolock FB settings. The LVDS backlight is on and the screen actually flickers for a second when the driver loads, but i can't get it to work whatsoever.

I've tried:

- EDID injection

- FB personality editing (dumped BIOS via everest, DOS, Windows, and OS X tools didnt work)

here's the BIOS decode:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1179 SubsystemID: 0xfd3c
IOBaseAddress: 0x5000
Filename: BR039924.001
BIOS Bootup Message: 
Toshiba NALAA PARK XT M2 DDR3 64Mx16 512MB/1GB							  

PCI ID: 1002:68e0
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45210]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45214]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 45266]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45220]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45224]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45289]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

i don't have the edited personality here right now, will edit. (what transmitter / encoder ID should i use? i just went for the first one from a list of hardcoded ones someone posted)

i edited the Galago framebuffer personality, as it has 2 ports;

0020 0000 0040 0000 0901 0000 2103 0007

0004 0000 0406 0000 0073 0000 1102 0101 (default)

however the result stays the same, VGA working, LVDS not working. i can as well mess up the VGA section as bad as possible (completely random numbers) but VGA still works, which makes me think i am doing something wrong. but thats the reason i am posting this anyway :)

- other FBs (some output onto only the VGA, most just give blackscreen)

- BIOS settings (i could only find an option to set the bootup screen setting, didn't work)

would be glad if someone was able to help :P

Toshiba C660-1H6 here. Using this kext i can get QE/CI + VGA working using Hoolock FB settings. The LVDS backlight is on and the screen actually flickers for a second when the driver loads, but i can't get it to work whatsoever.

I've tried:

- EDID injection

- FB personality editing (dumped BIOS via everest, DOS, Windows, and OS X tools didnt work)

here's the BIOS decode:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1179 SubsystemID: 0xfd3c
IOBaseAddress: 0x5000
Filename: BR039924.001
BIOS Bootup Message: 
Toshiba NALAA PARK XT M2 DDR3 64Mx16 512MB/1GB							  

PCI ID: 1002:68e0
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45210]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45214]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 45266]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45220]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45224]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45289]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

i don't have the edited personality here right now, will edit. (what transmitter / encoder ID should i use? i just went for the first one from a list of hardcoded ones someone posted)

i edited the Galago framebuffer personality, as it has 2 ports;

0020 0000 0040 0000 0901 0000 2103 0007

0004 0000 0406 0000 0073 0000 1102 0101 (default)

however the result stays the same, VGA working, LVDS not working. i can as well mess up the VGA section as bad as possible (completely random numbers) but VGA still works, which makes me think i am doing something wrong. but thats the reason i am posting this anyway :D

- other FBs (some output onto only the VGA, most just give blackscreen)

- BIOS settings (i could only find an option to set the bootup screen setting, didn't work)

would be glad if someone was able to help :)

You seem to have the same personality as mine. I get the same problem. I can get QE/CI working on a connected external VGA. LVDS laptop screen is dark but backlight is on. Without the VGA, I have the same effect on the laptop screen. What I have observerd:

1) Without VGA, LVDS laptop screen is detected on port 1 event though the bios decode shows port 0 for LVDS.

2) With VGA, the VGA monitor is seen as "CRT" on the same port 1

So it seems that they are operating in mirror mode. I've tried various FB and patching with the same negative results. The natural FB dectection seem to be Eulemur in my case.

I too have the SenseId=7 for port 0 LVDS but like I said, the detection seems to happen on port 1. I alos tried patching port 1 as LVDS with no results.

You seem to have the same personality as mine. I get the same problem. I can get QE/CI working on a connected external VGA. LVDS laptop screen is dark but backlight is on. Without the VGA, I have the same effect on the laptop screen. What I have observerd:

1) Without VGA, LVDS laptop screen is detected on port 1 event though the bios decode shows port 0 for LVDS.

2) With VGA, the VGA monitor is seen as "CRT" on the same port 1

So it seems that they are operating in mirror mode. I've tried various FB and patching with the same negative results. The natural FB dectection seem to be Eulemur in my case.

I too have the SenseId=7 for port 0 LVDS but like I said, the detection seems to happen on port 1. I alos tried patching port 1 as LVDS with no results.

try removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E, i heard that interferes with LVDS screen. however my LVDS is not recognized at all, and also when i modify the FB personality, the screen stays black and undetected. I'm just doing personality editing wrong, so i was hoping for someone being able to do that for me ;)

I'm used AtiConfig=RadeonFramebuffer, system booted well, all ports will be detected, but... LVDS screen just not works, VGA and HDMI works OK. LVDS stay black without backlight. Any hints for me? :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all !! Finally got working the ATI Radeon HD Mobility 5470 !

It's working with Snow Leopard and Lion !

Instruction and download are HERE

This is a proof :

img0188un.jpg

Good Luck all !

I did tried using this tutorial but didn't work for me. I have ATI Radeon HD5470 with 512 MB. What I did was :

1. I used the same version of chameleon.

2. I copied all those kexts to Extension folder of my USB installer disc but didn't wrote anything in com.apple.boot.plist

3. Actually, I tried it once but I got gargled screen (pic posted down) when it begun installing so removed it.

4. when I installed Lion. I have only one resolution of 1280 x 768 and the system allocated only 3 mb memory.

5. Then I made a folder Extra of my installed partition of Lion and copied that com.apple.Boot.plist file with those lines.

6. when i reboot the computer, i could not even log in due to gargled graphics (see photo).

what went wrong here?

when I boot, i can see a message saying "ATI5000Controller.kext might not load: kextd is currently unavailable.

any help plz

post-819882-1314458085_thumb.jpg

You must have 10.7 Lion with vanilla kexts. It's eMachines E730G ? :wallbash:

Install 10.7 Lion, inject EDID, change resolution using VNC and voila - it's working. Framebuffer Hoolock. At this time not working is HDMI and VGA - I working on it.

You must have 10.7 Lion with vanilla kexts. It's eMachines E730G ? :D

Install 10.7 Lion, inject EDID, change resolution using VNC and voila - it's working. Framebuffer Hoolock. At this time not working is HDMI and VGA - I working on it.

hi, Nice to find someone with eMachines E730G!!! now, we have common system so we can share a lot. btw, I was using kexts that I found using google. Can you give me link to those Vanilla kexts or can u upload somewhere and send me link? yes, I read a post about EDID injection. I will try that one.