OSX on Dell Latitude E6520...

mayhemm88

56 posts in this topic

sleeping is not working yet.

you can use this dsdt

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=268275&view=findpost&p=1777457

the notebook is working very well with this stuff.

i was trying to get multitouch working, but it is not working yet.

i found some ALP multitouch kexts with them the mouse is moving around and clicking on its own.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1937

maybe someone else is able to get this working on our notebooks

• 3 months later...

I don't know what you guys are doing as of today (27 MAR 2012) but I'm getting nowhere with any install method. My best method is definitly ###### with 10.7 Lion on it. As far as DSDT, they all suck. I get a Kernel panic with all of them that are suggested.

This thread is a little old it seems so I am asking for updated help. I have asked on several different forums including other sites. There is an OSX on Latitude site that should be helpful and it isnt.

There have been suggestions to use an E6420 pack with cHameleon instead of Chimera for bootloader. I believe Chameleon is better as it works with ChamPlist. I like using ChamPlist because I can easily get my 1600x900x32 going. However the Intel HD 3000 reports 64 MB????

I did have the trackpad, keyboard and pointer between keys G and H working but don't remember what I did.

Anyway, any assistance that will get the DELL E6520 to boot OS X Lion to boot successfully without -x -v everytime and has clean resolution. please let me know. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my laptop is now running with Lion and a lot of stuff is working.

my graphic card is recognized correctly as a NVS 4200M. Touchpad and Keyboard are working, but Touchpad is a mouse and not a trackpad, so 2-finger scrolling is not working.

on the osx86project wiki is someone who posted that on his e6420 the 2-finger scrolling is working with the VoodooPS2TrackPad kext, but for me it is not working with this, maybe i do something wrong.

restarting the computer is working, but shutting down not.

Any Luck on the 2-finger scrolling? got an e6220 which has the same trackpad, and dont have multitouch yet.

• 5 months later...