• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Millen1981

Millen1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Is there someone that knows how to install snow leopard on this computer. I have tried every version there is on the net and even with ##### and retail. It just starts to boot and then it stops.

Millen1981

Millen1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
All i had to do was to put another graphics card and then it installed BUT then it is a big problem and that is that only the 2 usb ports on the front is working. If i install leopard all of my ports are working but when in snow leopard only the 2 front ports is working and when im on lion all of the usb ports working. So it seems to be something with snow leopard. Anyone have a solution.

soremaniac

soremaniac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

All i had to do was to put another graphics card and then it installed BUT then it is a big problem and that is that only the 2 usb ports on the front is working. If i install leopard all of my ports are working but when in snow leopard only the 2 front ports is working and when im on lion all of the usb ports working. So it seems to be something with snow leopard. Anyone have a solution.

I have the same issue, i can't get the other 4 USB Ports to work, and for Hardware Graphics Acceleration i had to put a Nvidia  GraKa in. I used Pandora / running 10.9.1 now. One Thing you may help me, can't get Audio onBord or via a USB Audio to work. With ##### and 10.8.4, audio works fine over my USB Audio adapter.

Thx for any idear's (tried already the Voodoo driver, no luck)

firstmiro

firstmiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I installed 10.9 on E5730 desktop without problems.

Initially used myHack + Chameleon. Then removed myHack.kext from /S/L/E and everything from /Extra, leaving only DSDT, SSDT and two modules - Keylayout.dylib and FileNVRAM.dylib.

In /S/L/E I have FakeSMC.kext (obvious), VoodooHDA.kext (for sound) and AppleHDADisabler.kext. The rest is from Apple.

After upgrade to 10.9.1 sleep is not working (CMOS reset), as well as need to boot with -f option. Looking for solution for that strange thing.

Attached File  iMac_e5730.jpg   26.89KB   0 downloads

SMBios is set to iMac 10,1 (use Chameleon Wizzard to create the proper file).

The org.cameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Best,

Miro

E5730 - Core 2 Duo CPU E8400  @ 3.00GHz, 4GB RAM, MSi GeForce GT 610 1024  MBBIOS - Change V6.00 Release R1.19.2824.A1 

Sorry, I'm half-blind. P5730, and I wrote about E5730 :/

LOL, even better - I answered three years later. Time to drink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy