Laughing at Longhorn

Horatio

54 posts in this topic

Its true.Thats why there was a year with no longhorn builds after 4074,they scraped the whole project and started over.The server version was 2003 from what I"ve heard I guess they will let any coder off the street work at MS.Hey i should apply..even if i write bogus code i will still get a paycheck :)

Its true.Thats why there was a year with no longhorn builds after 4074,they scraped the whole project and started over.The server version was 2003 from what I"ve heard I guess they will let any coder off the street work at MS.Hey i should apply..even if i write bogus code i will still get a paycheck :)

You wouldn't really want to work for Microsoft programming, would you? That would be like a chef working for MacDonalds...

It's funny, I was just thinking about this topic at work this morning: We had a server die this morning that was 7 years old, and it had been running 24/7 for that 7 years. It was an iMac G3 (original) running OS 9... until now I had no problems with the machine in the 7 years of service. I wonder how many shops are still running Windows NT 4 Server machines that were built in 1998 non-stop...

Of course, the only way I could get that machine that stable was to have it auto-reboot nightly at 4 AM, but that's besides the point, isn't it? Anyways, I also have a G4 that's been running 24/7 since 2001, running OS X. It's been up 1 year straight for each of its 4 years in service (ie: I had it up for 1 year in its first year, then upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1, then after a year 10.1 to 10.2, and its been running since...).

Then there's the numerous other Macs we have. The first Mac at our shop to die since we setup computers in 1997 was this iMac last night. I figure, not bad.

I don't see how the microsoft genuine test thing could make you bypass the WPA..

I didn't do the genuine test thingy. I opened up the activation thing and selected activate windows over the internet. It finished, and said that my version of windows was activated and that my computer was running genuine windows.

To CpuMan - I have a sata drive with two installations of xp and one ide drive with vista. I've been trying to find out how to link to the xp bootloader from the vista bootloader with little success. I would suggest a 3rd-party bootloader like lilo or grub if you want to dual boot. Maybe soon someone will figure out how to dual-boot vista.

• 3 weeks later...