Editing Custom connector info for Intel HD 3000 Graphics (sandy bridge, OSX Lion)

bcc9

221 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a few basic modifications to modigliani's script so that it should work with 10.7 or 10.8 (autodetected). The instructions are the same as before (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/259705-editing-custom-connector-info-for-intel-hd-3000-graphics-sandy-bridge-osx-lion/page__st__140#entry1792174)

I recommend making a backup of /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB before you run the _Patch script in case of mistake

modigliani-manwe-intelhd3000Patch-v3.zip

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

for any Lenovo T420 users, i posted a 100% fix for hangs/stalls for the LCD. The Clover boot loader can inject/override an EDID. (could not get it injected with other mechanism).
anyway, i found/use an EDID for a 1600x900 LCD display that got rid of all artifacts. info posted here: #312

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I patched AppleIntelSNBGraphics recently and I have been testing it. I can also mirror in HDMI connections; however, VGA connections doesn't work well in this aspect. You have to detect displays in order for OS X to use it, and if you disconnect it OS X will keep thinking that the monitor is still connected. If you connect an HDMI after disconnecting a VGA, it becomes a small mess.. mirroring fails, visuals get blurry, etc.

I don't know if there is a fix for this.

Besides that, everything works well, at least on my system.

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea why would internal display on HD3000 show nothing, and teamviewer would show running system (with no monitors attached) ?

If anyone needs it, here is how i solved it. To get LVDS working on Asus Zenbook ux21e (HD 3000) i had to

1. Use Champlist and get smbios data for mac that matches by CPU (i5 2467M), which is MacBookAir4,1 (not MacBookPro8,3 like everyone suggests for 0x8086 0x0116 which does not even give a black screen)

2. After applying that smbios data, chameleon would give me at least black screen instead of just hanging at DSMOS arrived.

3. Using this smbios data on Clover finally gave me an image on LVDS! Unfortunately with famous HD3000 artifacts and frozes. Even Clover version that solves the issue on N5110, didn't solve it on ux21e

I had to buy Monitor and use it with Chameleon to get rid of the artifacts.

Maybe some day i will try to merge DSDT of clover and chameleon and get a solution that is both stable and working on LVDS

i am convinced - because it works 100% glitch free for me - the HD3000 glitches on laptops are from an incompatible EDID. i swapped out out the detailed timings from another 1600x900 LCD EDID and it works perfect. not a single glitch and no dreaded hangs that require reset! i am not sure which item was the offending value... will post some more info on this when i have more time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i have dell l502x specs intel 2630qm optimus intel 3000 512 mb 8 gigs ram nvidia 525m 1gb 700gb hd im running maverick 10.9 with clover and patched dsdt.aml by doix im getting artifacts on my screen and freezing with 10.7 10.8 10.9 i have tried edid over ride didnt work i hqve been researching for 2 tweaks and it appears to be my video driver issues i've seen some people were able to fix there issues with patching dsdt.aml but im not sure i need some expert help 

i for got to mention its the intel 2630qm sandybridge 3000 device id 0116 

i was able to fix my artifacts and freeze/hangs by injecting a different EDID. the EDID on my Lenovo was buggy so i use clover to patch it with a working EDID.

Depends, not always. You can follow on projectosx in Clover thread all tries. Clover is bugged with HD3000, bios reserved memory space is not there like on chameleon, probably EBDA doesn't work well. Apianti still is trying to fix this. 

It's not always edid problem.

I can say if on chameleon there are not artifacts for 99% and on clover yes, then it's clover problem, no edid can works like on my case or Mido case so..

If problem is already with chameleon that has obviously bios memory space reserved working then obvious Clover is not the cause and EDID fix must be used.

I am sure about this like i am sure that sun is yellow. This in general, there are always exceptions i think..

I have many private voices for same situation from other osx forums.. for that Clover problem, it will be very hard to solve, already Slice has tried in past to solve this memory problem without success.

I don't remember the initial post about this problem on project but here is http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=36863

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

@redneck - what is the problem exactly? 

Dell 5420 i5 8g ram, intel HD3000 I have tried lots of things . I  got a install ML with Atlos ML2 after many other trys. USB install. screen is find , after install I just get colors. My Daughter lives In NC

well. hard to know what is not working for you.  HD3000 has been around for awhile and seems pretty solid. my HD3000 boxes have been working from 10.8 to 10.12

anyway, depending on your screen resolution you may need DualLink set. Are you using clover? with a proper config, it should get you about 90% of the way there with some basic DSDT patching by clover.

• 3 months later...