Can't sign in to App Store

jcalado

14 posts in this topic

Hi.

When trying to sign in to the app store, i get the following error:

"No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance."

Yes, i have tried what seems to be the "solution" to this problem. Remove all network interfaces and trash NetworkInterfaces.plist.

That had no effect whatsoever, besides me being left with, uh, no network interfaces :)

Any tips on how to fix this?

I have everything working, after I put in the dsdt.aml LAN-section.

Device (LAN)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x06)
{
"AAPL,slot-name", 
Buffer (0x09)
{
"Built In"
}, 

"model", 
Buffer (0x33)
{
"Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet"
}, 

"built-in", 
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Work login AppStore, FaceTime and iCloud . Bootloader - XPC 85.05 :)

The problem is that your Hac doesn't think it has an internal network interface. This can be because you don't have one, the ethernet driver you have doesn't recognize your hardware, or even if you're using a VPN or Proxy (according to an Apple Engineer I opened a case against recently).

On your Hac this can be circumvented by a couple of ways.

Most common is to have this stanza in your com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
 	<string>y</string>

If you have that and it still isn't working, you may want to generate a device property ID for your ethernet device.

One of my Hacs is fine with a change to AppleYukon's plist to allow my on-board ethernet (Shuttle SX38P2 system) but another Hac I have (Dell Optiplex 755) needed a device-property added to my com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>450000000100000001000000390000000100000002010c00d041030a040000000101060000197fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

Do not blindly add that device-properties string to your com.apple.boot.plist. I think it also includes my nvidia 9800 in there, that Dell is a bit of a basket-case and I had to get explicit.

You can find out how to generate your own Device-Properties for your ethernet device or any other device by searching in this forum.

There are some people that have just deleted their network devices from the Networking pref pane and then re-created them with success, but that method never worked for me, I had to generate a Device-Properties string for it before it would let me use the App Store.

Good luck!

Once you have your Ethernet device realizing that it is an internal device, you'll be fine.

I`ve got this problem too .. No way for me at the moment to resolve it .. I try may be everything ..

As I unterstand this is because AppStore in Lion DP accept just Developer Accounts ... Is it true .. ?

I also have this issue but the difference is that none of these solutions worked for me.

My wifi is already being set as en0 and I have EthernetBuiltIn=y on my boot and it IS working to set my en0 as BuiltIn.

I've already deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and reconfigured all my Network devices.

HOWEVER I still get the "no GUID available" message when trying to log in to AppStore.

So, any other ideas I could try???

thanks

HOWEVER I still get the "no GUID available" message when trying to log in to AppStore.

So, any other ideas I could try???

Like I said earlier, you can generate your own device properties string and put that into com.apple.Boot.plist.

Like I said earlier, you can generate your own device properties string and put that into com.apple.Boot.plist.

sorry, I forgot to say I also tried that... None of these solutions seem to work for me... :/

maybe there's another .plist I should delete to reset some App Store setting?

I had this same problem in SL and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist did the trick. However in Lion it doesn't ...

sorry, I forgot to say I also tried that... None of these solutions seem to work for me... :/

maybe there's another .plist I should delete to reset some App Store setting?

I had this same problem in SL and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist did the trick. However in Lion it doesn't ...

I had a similar issue whereby the nic wasn't detected (don't use it anyway), configured my wireless & off I went. App store gave me the same errors so I first installed Lnx2Mac (tonymac) which helped in the detection of my card.

I then once rebooted removed my network interfaces (wifi & ethernet) as well as the NetworkInterfaces.plist & then once up again added the ethernet first (gave it an address though it is not connected) then wifi second.

After this I was able to login to the App store using my wireless connection..

hi there

had the same gui not available problem, deleting network interfaces didn´t help

just re-installed lion dp4 - i have a dev account ;) - and had the same problem again

this time i was playing around getting my gtx 460 to be used

when i checked boot.plist i saw that built in ethernet was set to no

i changed it to yes and after reboot voila i could log in!

now just to get gnu hardware acceleration working .. sigh

my snow leo works quite nicely with around 30fps

with lion dp4 only 6.5fps