Run Mac OS in VMWare Workstation without Hardware Virtualization

80 posts in this topic

There is no bypasser for VM10.

Yeah, it is clear there is none, though question is whether the whole thing of running a Mac OS in VMware was a tendentious hype of two years ago. Or are people still working on it.

I saw torrents with the unlockers being posted just even some month ago containing the same old virtualisation bypasser for workstatin 7 to 8. Since it is 2014 now, why not update the bypasser too?

Yeah, it is clear there is none, though question is whether the whole thing of running a Mac OS in VMware was a tendentious hype of two years ago. Or are people still working on it.

I saw torrents with the unlockers being posted just even some month ago containing the same old virtualisation bypasser for workstatin 7 to 8. Since it is 2014 now, why not update the bypasser too?

Well, VM is not hype. Especially when developers are beginning to expand deeper into the realm of hardware passthrough. XEN technology is where it's at for Operating Systems, it will mean virtually no boot times between systems and dual booting will be limitless. 

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

edit: all you german guys should also have a look at this thread on boerse.bz.

Hey guys,

as I couldn't run Mac OS in VMWare Workstation because my hardware is not capable of Hardware Virtualization, I figured out a way to bypass the check.

This patch was created using Tola's Patching Engine 2.03b and packed using UPX 3.07, which will possibly cause virus scanners to detect it as malware. However, this patch is absolutely clean and only changes 2 bytes in vmware-vmx.exe.

Patch for 7.1.3/7.1.4/8.0.0/8.0.1 32/64 bit:

http://cur.lv/g1ry

Patch for 7.1.3/7.1.4/8.0.0/8.0.1/8.0.2/8.0.3 32/64 bit:

http://cur.lv/g1rv

Regards,

CubeZ

Perfectly nice

• 3 months later...

I do agree 100% Last update was 2012 why don't you update, is it due to vmware and a possible patch in your program or something else. Would be exteremly helpful to those who have intel cpus that don't have hardware virutilzation openly available (my is locked off by the manufacturer)