Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Great work as usual here but you may want to add a note that this:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Is not going to work on Sandy Bridge CPU's :)

Great work as usual here but you may want to add a note that this:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Is not going to work on Sandy Bridge CPU's :)

oops.gif

Thanks DHP

01a.png

Is this chameleon allow lion to boot from logical partition and hv support for boot in 32 bit mode? :D

AFAIK no Chameleon version supports boot from logical partition.

32 bit ok

I believe it's not the problem, it just won't boot the selected partition after timeout. You can try it.

I have tried to eliminate the string from the CABP, but it does not work, the PC goes in restart, but if I put as boot it begins them the Lion disc from the bios, all works well...strange ...help ???

I have tried to eliminate the string from the CABP, but it does not work, the PC goes in restart, but if I put as boot it begins them the Lion disc from the bios, all works well...strange ...help ???

It's not strange, Chameleon r700 is not able to boot Lion, it will reboot. The first Lion capable Chameleon was r759.

I have a raid with two SSD, boot the Camaleon r700

You don't need r759, you can use any newer version, like the one linked in the OP. But you have to install it to your boot partition. It won't help installing it to your Lion partition if you are booting from another volume which has an older version.

You don't need r759, you can use any newer version, like the one linked in the OP. But you have to install it to your boot partition. It won't help installing it to your Lion partition if you are booting from another volume which has an older version.

:P What is PO ?

OP = Opening Post (first post of this topic)

If you're going to install it to the RAID volume, you have to do it manually, like you did with r750.

;) yes of course..but i' need of r759...where is chamaleon package 759 ?

Link for download... :P

Is This ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833

This is a r769 but not r759.. :D

Well but i am using SL on logical partition and its booting fine from rc3.

:wacko:

Maybe Chameleon (not the OS, just the boot loader) is installed in a primary partition? It doesn't even start if installed in a extended partition, at least never worked for me.

After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages.

This I can not. Why can it be?

unplug the pen drive

reconnect

try again

Thanks for the reply, MaLd0n. I have and still the same. Do not leave the option to move to the Trash. What I can do? Edit. After three or four tries, I succeeded. Thanks again.

Maybe Chameleon (not the OS, just the boot loader) is installed in a primary partition? It doesn't even start if installed in a extended partition, at least never worked for me.

well i can confirm you :P my SL is on logical partition and booting f9 using grub along with 7 and ubuntu11.

as you can see in attached pic system reserved is primary

windows 7 is primary my document is extended partion and is logical along with lion and SL AND NON MENTIONED BEING UBUNTU ALL INSTALLED ON LOGICAL EXTENTION OF MY Document which i made later after i start playing with hackintosh i keep partioning it also for ubuntu same and for lion being the last?

also is there any bootloader available that can boot lion from logical partion otherwise i hv to reformat and start it all over again?

my_disk.tiff

well i can confirm you :P my SL is on logical partition and booting f9 using grub along with 7 and ubuntu11.

This explains it all, you are using GRUB to load Chameleon's boot.

It would not work if you had Chameleon's boot0 (MBR) - boot1h (extended partition) - boot (extended partition).

The original boot0 code has support for logical partitions, but to be able to support GPT+MBR partitioned disks using a single boot0 code, we removed the extended partiton support. Maybe an ultimate ASM pro could implement all in 440 bytes :P

In your case you may try to use another primary boot loader and chainload your hfs+ partition by adding a new chainload entry in grub or add a chain0 entry in boot.ini when using NT loader or simply add a new OS X entry with EasyBCD - this will install chain0 by itself.

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...07.html#msg2007