DSDT for Asus P8P67-M PRO

Time2Retire

834 posts in this topic

Let the speculation begin! QA didn't approve the 10.6.7 iMac12 in time, so they delayed shipment und will bring us the update on friday :P

Nah. Just a BTO delay.

Btw, Tony found some nice Geekbench results for the new iMac's with processor info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...965&start=0

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm. I wonder why my FSB is 400 MHz and theirs 'only' 100 MHz. Same Geekbench version. So should it be 100 MHz or be quad pumped (4 x 100MHz) like I (we?) have?

Changing your MoBo only because it doesn't have Bluetooth? :wacko:

I don't want some USB dongle that blocks sleep. To slow down the boot process. Not to mention that I ordered a different board, but that one was out of stock and I ended up with the one I have now. Which is officially no longer mine now :P

Hmm. I wonder why my FSB is 400 MHz and theirs 'only' 100 MHz. Same Geekbench version. So should it be 100 MHz or be quad pumped (4 x 100MHz) like I (we?) have?

Strange yes, I get 400MHz as well in Geekbench and via sysctl. I couldn't find anything about a different FSB on those chips and it would be a bit strange, as those are just low-voltage versions of the same quadcores.

Btw, I made a little patch for RevoBoot, don't know how/if notification works at github, yet.

Have you seen this?

It contains a newer version of both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext: 142.6.0

It also contains AppleAHCIPort.kext 2.1.7 that have this in Info.plist:

both pci8086,1c02 (our SATA Controller ID) and pci8086,1c03.

It also been reported on tonymacx86 that there is a difference between kernel's md5 iMac update and kernel's md5 MacBook Pro update:

kernel iMac update md5 -> 19d29da1383096801f46e0014065404a

kernel MacBook Pro md5 -> a12058a970bf9a63c00907cf5432ca9e

Strange yes, I get 400MHz as well in Geekbench and via sysctl. I couldn't find anything about a different FSB on those chips and it would be a bit strange, as those are just low-voltage versions of the same quadcores.

Also note that the following line in System Profiler is missing on real Macs: "Bus Speed: 400 MHz"

Btw, I made a little patch for RevoBoot, don't know how/if notification works at github, yet.

Thanks. No worries. Notifications are working just fine. I simply haven't had the time to look at it – had a long hockey training this morning.

I also found out why I had this with Ubuntu:

[	1.443001] ACPI: CPU0 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.443012] processor ACPI_CPU:00: registered as cooling_device0
[	1.443014] ACPI: Processor [P000] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.443420] ACPI: CPU1 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.443429] processor ACPI_CPU:01: registered as cooling_device1
[	1.443431] ACPI: Processor [P001] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.443841] ACPI: CPU2 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.443850] processor ACPI_CPU:02: registered as cooling_device2
[	1.443852] ACPI: Processor [P002] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.444255] ACPI: CPU3 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.444265] processor ACPI_CPU:03: registered as cooling_device3
[	1.444266] ACPI: Processor [P003] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.444664] ACPI: CPU4 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.444673] processor ACPI_CPU:04: registered as cooling_device4
[	1.444675] ACPI: Processor [P004] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.445075] ACPI: CPU5 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.445084] processor ACPI_CPU:05: registered as cooling_device5
[	1.445086] ACPI: Processor [P005] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.445488] ACPI: CPU6 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.445498] processor ACPI_CPU:06: registered as cooling_device6
[	1.445502] ACPI: Processor [P006] (supports 8 throttling states)
[	1.445893] ACPI: CPU7 (power states: C1[C1] C2[C2] C3[C3])
[	1.445902] processor ACPI_CPU:07: registered as cooling_device7
[	1.445904] ACPI: Processor [P007] (supports 8 throttling states)

Note the lines with: "registered as cooling_device". That's coming from our 8 T-States (returned by the _TSS object).

Intel talks about two different modulations methods. The first one called: "Coarse grained clock modulation" and has 8 T-States, using 12.5% increments. The second one called: " Fine grained clock modulation" and this one had 15 T-States , using 6.25% increments (see Apple DSDT).

Power calculation for the T-States is done with help of:

power = 1000 * (TDP * (number_of_tstates - index)) / number_of_tstates;

TDP is 95 for our boards. 45 for MBP 8 series.

Got to make a hairdresser appointment now. Back in a few minutes...

Have you seen this?

It contains a newer version of both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext: 142.6.0

It also been reported on tonymacx86 that there is a difference between kernel's md5 iMac update and kernel's md5 MacBook Pro update:

Loading the update right now, let the fun begin!

Have you seen this?

No. I received the update notification. Even better ;)

post-669976-1304595324_thumb.png

Thanks for reporting this here!

Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.4: Mon Apr 18 21:26:16 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.14.12~3/RELEASE_I386

Same here. This was to be expected.

I also had to restore my AppleHDA.kext to get sound back, but for the rest everything is pretty much the same. Too bad that the iMac upgrade doesn't include some of the files we need to finish it up.

Anyway. I've added a new directive to RevoBoot (pushed to the github repository) and now it shows:

"Clock modulation: Fine grained (6.25% increments)"

Which tells me that we should have 15 T-States. Not just 8. At least now we now how to add them ;)

Anyway. I've added a new directive to RevoBoot (pushed to the github repository) and now it shows:

"Clock modulation: Fine grained (6.25% increments)"

Which tells me that we should have 15 T-States. Not just 8. At least now we now how to add them ;)

I was under the impression that T-states are complementary to P-states, do they use them?

The T-magic happens in SSDT7 (for the MBP8,1), we have TSMC (8 values) and TSMF (15 values). And in _TSS the power values of _PSS are copied over.

As the return of those tables is determined by CFGD, I would assume that we only need _TSS and return our table there (not like APSS which is read directly).

The new SMC_PlatformPlugin panics because of "AppleSMCPDRC", also there are now definitions for MBP8,x present, but not for iMac12.

AppleAHCIPort now detects our SATA without the plist injection.

I was under the impression that T-states are complementary to P-states, do they use them?

Apparently they do yes.

The T-magic happens in SSDT7 (for the MBP8,1), we have TSMC (8 values) and TSMF (15 values). And in _TSS the power values of _PSS are copied over.

As the return of those tables is determined by CFGD, I would assume that we only need _TSS and return our table there (not like APSS which is read directly).

Apple also checks bit 19 where Asus checks bit 2. We might need to do that too.

The new SMC_PlatformPlugin panics because of "AppleSMCPDRC", also there are now definitions for MBP8,x present, but not for iMac12.

No panic / KP here. Boots fine. Screenshot of panic please?

Update: I have AppleSMCPDRC under device MCHC just like on the real Mac's. Note that we have pci1043,844d (Asustek Computer Inc.) but Apple uses pci106b,de Not sure if we should bin patch it (at least it loads here).

AppleAHCIPort now detects our SATA without the plist injection.

That's strange. Not here.

I might have to run the upgrade installer since I received the software update notification, and then simply clicked install 1 item.

Update: No change after running the installer manually.

No panic / KP here. Boots fine. Screenshot of panic please?

Update: I have AppleSMCPDRC under device MCHC just like on the real Mac's. Note that we have pci1043,844d (Asustek Computer Inc.) but Apple uses pci106b,de Not sure if we should bin patch it (at least it loads here).

Ah, it panic'd right after I copied it into /S/L/E, but after a reboot, kextcaching and another reboot it loads fine. But I don't have a match for AppleSMCPDRC, even though my MCHC has address pci8086,100 which is defined in SMC_PlatformPlugin.

Note that I didn't apply the whole update, I copied:

mach_kernel

system.kext

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleIntelCPUPM*.kext

Same here.

With new AppleAHCIPort.kext my SATA Controller is not correctly recognized if I eliminate the injection in huronplist.

Also tried installing IOAHCIFamily.kext but get a Still Waiting For Root Device at boot.

I can't install the iMac's 10.6.7 from dmg because if I try I get an advice that says me that the update cannot be installed in this computer. Maybe because I have SL 10.6.7? Same error if try to install update directly from Software Update.

Same here.

With new AppleAHCIPort.kext my SATA Controller is not correctly recognized if I eliminate the injection in huronplist.

Also tried installing IOAHCIFamily.kext but get a Still Waiting For Root Device at boot.

I can't install the iMac's 10.6.7 from dmg because if I try I get an advice that says me that the update cannot be installed in this computer. Maybe because I have SL 10.6.7? Same error if try to install update directly from Software Update.

Open: /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and make sure you have this in it:

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>10J4026</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.6.6</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.6.6</string>

And to use iMac12,2 Next thing to do... is to do a software update check.

Ah food. Marvelous :D

With both AHCIPort and IOAHCI it hangs on boot device without the plist, yeah.

Err, even with the plist it hangs, IOAHCI must be the culprit then, am I missing something?

I was thinking about doing a fresh install and going for the complete update, maybe then AppleSMCPDRC will get recognized, not sure which kext is responsible that I haven't copied.

Open: /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and make sure you have this in it:

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
  <string>10J4026</string>
  <key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
  <string>10.6.6</string>
  <key>ProductVersion</key>
  <string>10.6.6</string>

And to use iMac12,2 Next thing to do... is to do a software update check.

Ah food. Marvelous :D

Doing a fresh install :P

With both AHCIPort and IOAHCI it hangs on boot device without the plist, yeah.

Err, even with the plist it hangs, IOAHCI must be the culprit then, am I missing something?

I was thinking about doing a fresh install and going for the complete update, maybe then AppleSMCPDRC will get recognized, not sure which kext is responsible that I haven't copied.

Same problem here.

After installed AHCIPort from iMac update I deleted code ragarding Intel Chipset 6 in huronplist and after reboot my SATA Controller was not properly recognized.

So I tried installing IOAHCIFamily and after a reboot i get a Still Waiting For Root Device with IOAHCI that was not loaded :D

Doing a fresh install now ;)

Yoga on tonymacx86 says that with new version of AppleAHCIPort get his Intel Chipset 6 (P67 Sabertooth) correctly recognized and I think that he don't use huronplist or any other injection before. This make me more confused :D

Yoga on tonymacx86 says that with new version of AppleAHCIPort get his Intel Chipset 6 (P67 Sabertooth) correctly recognized and I think that he don't use huronplist or any other injection before. This make me more confused :D

Correct, he is only using AHCIPort and that works. But not with IOAHCI, so as soon as he updates and gets the new IOAHCI he will run into troubles.

But it seems to work on Sam's config and I wonder why that is?

I have IOAHCIFamily v2.0.6 and IOAHCIBlockStorage v1.6.3 loaded here. No problem.

Note: I don't have a DVD drive installed.

The hang is probably related to the new IOClass named AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI Also. The following screenshot shows my iMac12,2 (plist):

post-669976-1304613660_thumb.png

Please note the I have a AMD 6850 and thus use a different device-id hence the 6739 here.

Interesting. I had six items under: AppleACPIPlatformExpert -> Platform Memory Ranges but after the upgrade only two!

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB v1.6.34 is loaded (like before the upgrade) even when I don't use the IGPU. It's the AppleIntelMEIDriver under pci8086,1c3a@16 in IORegistryExplorer.

IOAHCBlockStorage.kext was not properly loaded after installing IOAHCIFamily.kext from iMac's update simply because in iMac's update that I downloaded from Apple site there isn't an IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext PlugIn in IOAHCIFamily.kext ;)

As Sam explained, the update's like that are incremental, so you need the original IOAHCIBS and then overwrite it with the one from the update, you can't just replace it. Most of the kext's are like that.

{censored}. I found a serious error in my boot loader:

RevoBoot

--------

bus-frequency : 400000000

clock-frequency : 3411000000

timebased-frequency: 1000000000

MacBookPro8,3

-------------

bus-frequency : 100000000

clock-frequency : 2200000000

Not just a cosmetic issue. Where the BLEEP is this coming from? I have no idea. Need to get this fixed a.s.a.p...

You can check your values by selecting CPU0 in IORegistyExplorer and see what you find there ;)

Update: Got it. Need to add new logic for Sandy Bridge.

Anyone using Chameleon checked the values yet?

RevoBoot

--------

clock-frequency : 3411000000

RevoBoot:

clock-frequency : 3310000000

Chameleon:

bus-frequency : <ff ff ff ff>

That can't be right...