Guide To Enable HD 5450 In 10.6.6 + Lion + Mountian Lion

taky2008

52 posts in this topic

I don't assume Lion requires SSE4 if it's to run on a T5600, so unless I'm missing something about this factoid that makes Merom+ a prerequisite, SL95V should be fine with that board. Else, you could always swap guts for Dell P/N: PU052 (OptiPlex 755 SFF) + SLA9V.

Lion requires hardware-virtualization (VT-x) support, a 64-bit CPU, and at least SSE3 (with SSSE3 preferred), which is why a lot of Core Duos don't work (not enough CPU bitness), yet some Celeron DCs and Pentium DCs (those that are based on Wolfdale) do work (my own multi-boot Hack is powered by a Celeron DC E3400).

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, I retract my previous statement...

When I record screencast with camtasia or screenflow, the audio gets real choppy. I revert back to onboard video, and audio is fine. I wonder what causes this...

I've No problem With Those apps !

• 2 weeks later...

you're being imprecise with your first posting, but I guess you are referring to the boot and the kext package/ dead multiupload links? Yes, it would be nice if someone from the above did zip and simply attach to the next posting. Thanks.

you're being imprecise with your first posting, but I guess you are referring to the boot and the kext package/ dead multiupload links? Yes, it would be nice if someone from the above did zip and simply attach to the next posting. Thanks.

Anyone can reupload please... This works with 10.6.8? I am forced to delete the ATIRadeonX3000.kext because of kernel panic.

Please reupload this.

Tnks

Reupload,please. Thank you.

i've uploaded the new files :)

that's exactly what people have been trying to tell ye here, buddy: your screenshot shows /E/E, where the first / does naturally NOT mean System, but root level of your OS X partition.

So please finally just believe and better correct: E/E on the one hand, S/L/E on the other .... (the root / is usually skipped)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi BugsB,

Were you running multiple monitors? I seem to have things working with my Asus Radeon HD 5450 Silent 0x68e1 and can't get it to run multiple monitors. Chess crashes, but QE/CI does seem to be at least partially working, with animations and transparent menu working.

Any help you could offer would be awesome.

• 6 months later...

not that I know of (unless development has taken place somewhere ..)

Hi!

HDMI outs are working with Lion or Mountain Lion? I'm interested in buying a HD5450 for my HTPC.

Best regards!

HDMI + VGA = OK

HDMI + DVI: DVI is blackened out once loginwindow loads. The trick is to run a monitor-sleep app as login-item, then wiggle the mouse at some point to awake both monitors.

Hi BugsB,

Were you running multiple monitors? I seem to have things working with my Asus Radeon HD 5450 Silent 0x68e1 and can't get it to run multiple monitors. Chess crashes, but QE/CI does seem to be at least partially working, with animations and transparent menu working.

Any help you could offer would be awesome.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for answering!

I was interested in single monitor setup - HDMI only! - and i decided to put my skills to test and bought the card anyway. I can confirm HDMI works with full QE/CI in a 1080p HDTV in a single monitor setup.

Now it's HDMI audio that interests me: is there a way to make it work? Here my skills are failing me, as well as many VoodooHDA iterations.

Best regards!

This is all information I can pass on to you:

ATI Saphire HD 5450 HDMI Audio VID 1002 | DID AA01 | SubSys 00AA0100

in OS X the DID is displayed as AA68 (ATI Manhattan HDMI Audio [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series] [1002:aa68])

ATI Cedar HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5400/6300 Series] [1002:aa68]

There is a step-by-step guide to enable HDMI by DSDT over at tonym@c to which we may not link - pls search for it via your favorite search engine.

Good luck, and keep me posted, please :)

Thank you very much for answering!

I was interested in single monitor setup - HDMI only! - and i decided to put my skills to test and bought the card anyway. I can confirm HDMI works with full QE/CI in a 1080p HDTV in a single monitor setup.

Now it's HDMI audio that interests me: is there a way to make it work? Here my skills are failing me, as well as many VoodooHDA iterations.

Best regards!

.. but for another note:

When still running 10.8.0, I had switched off graphis enabler in the chameleon.boot.plist because the correct framebuffer (Eulemur) would break wake-up from sleep on HDMI video. For watching DVDs it's best however to turn it back on. Just did in 10.8.2 --> black screen on both, HDMI and DVI. I know the trick to induce monitor sleep (e.g. via Exposee) and then wake the monitor up, but that did not work. 10.8.2 is responsive via keyboard - I can put it to sleep, and wake it up again via keyboard, but both mons stay black ..

Anybody know the solution?