• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

hotKoffy

hotKoffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I'm sorry if this question sound too newbish but would this driver works on a ASUS G53SX notebook? I'm looking for these features to work here but I'm unsucessful as of now. Thanks!

EDIT: I just tried but no success. Attached is the part in DSDT of my device PNP0C14. The method _STA I inserted myself, but I tried both with and wihout it and no success. Any help is appreciated, thanks :D

EDIT 2: After changing PNP0C14 for PNP0c14 (which was the original and I changed before) the kext now loads but I still have no FN key or multimedia control or brightness or whatever. Here's what shows up in kernel.log

Oct 22 18:24:47 bsides-Macbook-Pro kernel[0]: IOWMIController: WMI driver version 1.0	Device name: ATKD

Change also
Name (_UID, "ATK")
to
Name (_UID, "ASUSWMI")

bsides

bsides

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Change also
Name (_UID, "ATK")
to
Name (_UID, "ASUSWMI")

Just did it but I still got the same message (!!!). Reading through the DSDT I honestly think there's something misleading here... should I change all ATKD to ASUSWMI? Because the Device is still ATKD and there is a "name" instruction with the same very name...

Scope (_SB)    {        Name (ATKP, Zero)        Name (AITM, Zero)        Name (PLMD, Zero)        Name (MUTX, One)        Name (LEDS, Zero)        Device (ATKD)        {            Name (_HID, "PNP0c14")            Name (_UID, "ASUSWMI")            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)            {                Return (0x0F)            }            Name (ATKQ, Package (0x10)            {                Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones,                 Ones            })

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, after changing this the kexts wouldn't load anymore. So I went through the Info.plist of the driver and added this line PNP0c14 which is mine:
<key>IONameMatch</key>
			<array>
				<string>PNP0C14</string>
				<string>pnp0c14</string>
				<string>PNP0c14</string>
			</array>

hotKoffy

hotKoffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, after changing this the kexts wouldn't load anymore. So I went through the Info.plist of the driver and added this line PNP0c14 which is mine:

<key>IONameMatch</key>
			 <array>
				 <string>PNP0C14</string>
				 <string>pnp0c14</string>
				 <string>PNP0c14</string>
			 </array>

Would have been simpler to put uppercase in your dsdt :(

put an ioregisteryexplorer dump with the driver loaded, I want to see the properties exposed

bsides

bsides

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Would have been simpler to put uppercase in your dsdt :(

put an ioregisteryexplorer dump with the driver loaded, I want to see the properties exposed

I know right? But like I said here, if I change that to uppercase it doesn't work anymore. Oh well go figure :P

Here's what you requested. Also my DSDT just because :)
Attached File  bsides_Macbook_Pro.zip   405.72KB   6 downloadsAttached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   41.46KB   5 downloads

hotKoffy

hotKoffy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I know right? But like I said here, if I change that to uppercase it doesn't work anymore. Oh well go figure :(

Maybe it because EisaId is missing.

Nevertheless, the driver can't works. There is a new driver in linux 3.0.4 "asus-nb-wmi.c" matching your hardware. I will try to integrate it later.

bsides

bsides

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Maybe it because EisaId is missing.

Nevertheless, the driver can't works. There is a new driver in linux 3.0.4 "asus-nb-wmi.c" matching your hardware. I will try to integrate it later.

I don't know what EisaID means but must be something about my devices.
I greatly appreciate your help on this. Do you need me to go over Ubuntu or something like this and run any command? Maybe it can help. I mean, I'm willing to help :(

emc_dinesh

emc_dinesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Here is the new kext modified to support the new Asus Notebooks with _UID= ATK and _HID=PNP0c14 from the hokoffy source.

The working keys are:
F1 Sleep
F2 WIfi/BT
F5 Brightness Down(10 Values) - No Animation
F6 Brightness Up(10 Values)
F7 Backlight
F8 Video Mirror
F10 Mute - WIth Animation
F11 Vol Down - WIth Animation
F12 Vol Up - WIth Animation
Multimedia keys(Arrows)
Pause, Next and Previous

Fn+Num Lcok- Brightness Down(16 Values) With Animation
Pause/Break- Brightness Up(16 Values) With Animation

My model is Asus K53SC Notebook.

Thanks hotkoffy for your source.

Attached Files

marklangovoi

marklangovoi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,

Here is the new kext modified to support the new Asus Notebooks with _UID= ATK and _HID=PNP0c14 from the hokoffy source.

The working keys are:
F1 Sleep
F2 WIfi/BT
F7 Backlight
F8 Video Mirror
Multimedia keys(Arrows)
Pause, Next and Previous

Can you post source code? or link to get it.

JahRastaMaN

JahRastaMaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi,

The working keys are:
F1 Sleep
F2 WIfi/BT
F7 Backlight
F8 Video Mirror
Multimedia keys(Arrows)
Pause, Next and Previous

Thanks for share. This works for me. I have one G75VW!

Works for me: f1, f2,f7,f10,f11,f12, multimedia keys(arrows), Pause, Next and Previous.

Cheers!

lightskreen

lightskreen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi, I have an HP dv6-6047cl and the only thing that doesn't work is the backlight buttons because they are acpi buttons. This looked like it might work because there's HP support but I'm not sure what exactly to patch in my DSDT. I've attached my current DSDT. If anybody could take a look at it, I would be most thankful. :)

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   21.02KB   5 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy