• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

antst

antst

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Exactly, if its there, take it :Da bit off-topic, but if a supermodel was available to download, who wouldn't download her?

Poor girl... she couldn't survive after all you guys :)

Also, this little programs do a good job and are cheap. But no normal person (I'm a student) could afford to buy a license of Rational Rose, Navision, or best example, the Adobe CS3 Design edition.

There is another question. Do you need, as a student, Rational Rose or Adobe CS3 Design edition?Short answer is "NO" :)Can't say too much about CS3, but Rational products are expencive because not so many users *really* needs that and will spend their money on.

catalinux

catalinux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

@pengy

Don't know in which country you are located but you are a shining example of the product of
an educational system infested by Marxists.
YOU ARE 180 DEGREES WRONG !!

well this was an bullsh*t attack.I am from romania, an ex-communist country.i know from deep inside what communism was.u are from us.my grandfather was waiting for u americans after ww2 , but stalin come to us.sorry , but is enought to hear from you and others the same inacurate speech.my income is 500euros per months.and i am middle class.calculate yourself.think about that...i am willing to pay licenses or attend to conferences but simply can't afford that.

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
hey guys i just wanted to ask if anyone here knows:

If someone is an apple developer can he install Leopard on a pc or is it still illegal?
Any links that clear things up on the subject?

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Anyone?

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
It's still illegal. When tiger was released on Intel, there were developer boxes that were ordinary pc's, sent out by Apple, with OS X on. Those were legal. They're no longer necessary because there are lots of Intel macs around...

bikkou

bikkou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
There are different types of reasons I pirate certain things.
If it's Leopard, I'd rather pirate it than pay x1.5 the price my country sells instead of the normal $129. They're full of {censored}, I'm not paying extra for nothing, that's illogical. The DMG copy is so conveniently everywhere on the internet.
If it's Photoshop, it's because I thinks it's upward scam. The price is not justifying it, not when I'm not some super artist with 20 years of experience and life depending on it. If I go to a restaurant which arrogantly serves me disgusting food, of course I'd rather walk away if I could.
And finally, if it's normal everyday shareware, I don't think I can go through all the trouble paying mere $20 given I'm underaged and in a country where I can't pay from on the internet.

Still, not justifying piracy because so far no one's I've seen had the same reasons as me. Always the same "because I can."

Amuraivel

Amuraivel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

hey guys i just wanted to ask if anyone here knows:

If someone is an apple developer can he install Leopard on a pc or is it still illegal?
Any links that clear things up on the subject?

Again, everyone needs to understand the difference between
A. Breach of contract
B. Illegality

An action can be either, none, or both.

All of this is determined by your jurisdiction so there is no general statement one can make.

In Europe, installing Leopard would probably be ruled fair use provided you own the license (i.e. own a copy), and thus
not breach of contract nor illegal. Though, the violating the pre-release developer's license would most likely constitute a breach
of contract.

Obtaining a copy from the internet is licit in some European jurisdictions (e.g. Sweden, Switzerland)--this
doesn't make it moral though.

In the USA, it would constitute breach of contract in any case. It would be "illegal" if you told others how to do it or obtained it
from the internet without owning a copy of the original disc and uploading to others.

So any questions of legality should be coupled with the Statement:

I LIVE IN JURISDICTION X

For example, if you live in Syria, none of this would apply (Apple products aren't sold there).

SomniusX

SomniusX

Hellenic OSx86 Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:-= Carpe Noctem =-
There are a lot of opinions on the matter.. but i go with one..

You are allowed to have one copy of something you own..

You are some kind allowed to have a copy if you are not making money by using it or by selling it and such.. if it stays to personal and not to gain you are some what ok..

That's what i think, thats what i'm stick on to..

e.g. you may have copied windows at home..
you may not have copied windows at work.. cause you produce and make money of'em..

There is some kind of law about it, but i'm not so "in" to it.. i know enough not to hurt my self!

Love_@_1st_Mac

Love_@_1st_Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

well this was an bullsh*t attack.I am from Romania, an ex-communist country.i know from deep inside what communism was.u are from us.my grandfather was waiting for u Americans after ww2 , but Stalin come to us.sorry , but is enough to hear from you and others the same inaccurate speech.my income is 500euros per months.and i am middle class.calculate yourself.think about that...i am willing to pay licenses or attend to conferences but simply can't afford that.

I'm from Romania, too, and i agree with you on some level.
In Romania, the piracy level is quite high. Some afford to buy software (usually businesses because they can be fined), some don't want to buy software, if they can spend that money on something more practical...non essential stuff like...food, clothing, paying the bills and stuff like that...
I earn as much as you and if i had to pay for all the software I use or used throughout the time, I should work for no money for about 1 year, at least....
But, stupid me, I chose to use cracked software and buy myself some parts for my PC...
As for apples, in Europe, the price for any Apple product is calculated like this:

in the States... MacBook Pro ---> $2000 more or less...
in Europe (Romania for example)---> take the $ sign and convert it into Euro sign, and after that add VAT tax (19% of the product value)
now the MacBook pro costs 2380 Euro (that is $3673)..... affordable...isn't it? ($1=0.647 Euro)

jaez

jaez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
My laws of Piracy:

1..Piracy is ok, provided you pay for the pirated material that you find useful afterwords.

That's the most important rule.

We "must" financially support the things in our life that help us succeed and enjoy living.

Otherwise, those things will go away.

Our dollars are votes for things we want, things we approve of, and things that actually
help us to succeed. If we don't vote, the opposition wins.

2. Pirate only tools. Don't pirate movies, music, games, and other "end products"
that are just consumables, because these things are "enjoyed" and then cast away.

They are not inputs into some creative output. When you pirate a tool, if that tool
turns out to be useless, then only time and effort learning the tool is wasted, you
save the cash investment, so this is the wisest decision you could make. If the tool
turns out to be useful, and especially if you're making money using the tool, then
you must buy the tool, as soon as you can afford to. Consider the tool a loan from
the software developer, to help your business get started, just as if you took out
a bank loan to buy the tool when venturing out on the new project. Treat piracy the
same way. All piracy should be considered "loans" from developers to producers
that just exclude the usual intermediary "banks", and full payment on the software
is expected at some point in the future, unless your business goes bankrupt etc..i.e.
some of these "loans" turn out to be bad loans, and are written off as such by the
software house. These loans are "interest free" loans. That's because they are
also "risk free" loans. There's no risk involved. Because, neither the one lending, nor
the one borrowing, has any actual cash at risk. The lender is "creating" his own money,
i.e. "duplicating his software tool" by pushing the "copy" button on his computer. So
no cash is actually lost in the "loan origination", i.e "software copy", process.

Therefore, these are better than bank loans.

A bank loan adds "debt" to the economy, and has lots of bad consequences when
they accumulate, like the sub-prime deboccle. i.e. they encourage people to lie,
to cheat on their loan application, to get approval for their loans, etc..A pirate doesn't
have to lie to anybody to get a loan for his software tool. He just has to keep quiet.

A piracy loan adds no monetary debt to the economy, does not defraud any investors,
does not create any false expectations, and yet it empowers startups to get going,
and initiates productivity in many instances where otherwise nothing would get done !

Long live the good pirate.

rc9934

rc9934

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
What about those who want to try Leopard and see if it will work on their hardware before buying it?
Yes, I know Apple wants me to buy a ridiculously overpriced machine but I don't do that.
I've always built my own PC's so why should I change if I feel like switching to a Mac OS?
However, unlike Windows, I can't be sure the Mac OS will run on my hardware so I'm testing it first.

nli

nli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I've always built my own PC's so why should I change if I feel like switching to a Mac OS?

Correct me if I'm wrong -but isn't it a violation of their license to use OS X on non-Mac hardware? If you were trying to be "legit" that would be one reason right there --you should change because Apple doesn't allow you to use their OS (which they get to dictate the terms that they allow it to be used under) on hardware that they don't sell.

Of course, for a great deal of people their license, desires and the "legitimacy" of their OS X install are completely irrelevant just as long as the OS runs.

karl124343

karl124343

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks this has helped me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy