54 replies to this topic

ducatopp

ducatopp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Update:

1) MacbookPro6,1 DSDT very similar to Dell Latitude E6510 DSDT. I tried booting with MacbookPro6,1 DSDT - it booted actually booted. Battery icon showed up on menu bar but had 'x' in it. This probably means that can create a DSDT fix for replacing voodoobattery kext (which makes my system slightly unstable - especially when running 10.6.7). The system was sluggish and both sleep and shutdown still failed to work.

2) Still have no solution for shutdown or sleep. Restart works most of the time, occasionally will not, have not figured out why.

3) I replaced the Intel 6200N wireless card with a Dell 1510 (got from Dell for $40.00) and ditched the Airlink 101 USB mini wireless. Have used the wireless card for less than 24 hours now but it works like a charm - and I dare say it's faster in MacOS than the Intel 6200N was in Windows. Have not tried it in Windows 7 yet.

4) Tried getting an NVCAP value to get VGA to work and to inject EFI string or make DSDT fix for Nvidia card (hoping this would get VGA to work and solve shutdown issue with GraphicsEnabler=Yes). This was an absolute failure. Loaded Nvflash on a Dos-bootable USB, no go. Used all different versions of Nvflash, could not extract a ROM of the bios. Gave up on this.

Hi.
Any update to shutdown problem on E6510? It drives me crazy.

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi.
Any update to shutdown problem on E6510? It drives me crazy.

Sorry, no headway. It's driving me crazy as well. I don't care about sleep... just want it to shutdown.

I was able to make some headway on the graphics front. I managed to make a dsdt patch for enabling graphics so that GraphicsEnabler is now set to No. Despite this, I lose shutdown when graphics are on. I'm going to continue to mess with the DSDT to see if anything else works. The DSDT is remarkably similar to MacBookPro6,1 (and I'm sure its even more similar to MacBookPro6,2, but I don't have access to that one).

I'll just keep hacking away. avjos made it work for E6410 or E6400 (not sure which).

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:MSI Z97 Gaming G45 motherboard, i7 4790, 16Gb ram, EVGA GTX 770, ALC1150 on board sound, PERC 5i...

Sorry, no headway. It's driving me crazy as well. I don't care about sleep... just want it to shutdown.

I was able to make some headway on the graphics front. I managed to make a dsdt patch for enabling graphics so that GraphicsEnabler is now set to No. Despite this, I lose shutdown when graphics are on. I'm going to continue to mess with the DSDT to see if anything else works. The DSDT is remarkably similar to MacBookPro6,1 (and I'm sure its even more similar to MacBookPro6,2, but I don't have access to that one).

I'll just keep hacking away. avjos made it work for E6410 or E6400 (not sure which).

So does this mean you can get the VGA port working? If so please share the DSDT file because I have everything except the VGA port and shutdown working, I am not to worried about shutdown since I leave my laptop on 24 7 lol, I also have full QE/CI working o the laptop display.

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

So does this mean you can get the VGA port working? If so please share the DSDT file because I have everything except the VGA port and shutdown working, I am not to worried about shutdown since I leave my laptop on 24 7 lol, I also have full QE/CI working o the laptop display.

I still can't get the VGA port to work, despite DSDT fix that I've done so far. I'm still messing with it so stay tuned.

Can you get sleep to work? What are you using for Battery? I can't get sleep to work well - it acts like shutdown. Also, VoodooBattery sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes causes KP. I've temporarily taken it out while trying to patch the dsdt.

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:MSI Z97 Gaming G45 motherboard, i7 4790, 16Gb ram, EVGA GTX 770, ALC1150 on board sound, PERC 5i...

I still can't get the VGA port to work, despite DSDT fix that I've done so far. I'm still messing with it so stay tuned.

Can you get sleep to work? What are you using for Battery? I can't get sleep to work well - it acts like shutdown. Also, VoodooBattery sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes causes KP. I've temporarily taken it out while trying to patch the dsdt.

I am using Retail SL with ModUSB from Nawcom's site. Everything works prefect except the VGA port and shutdown, I use VooDoo Battery and SleepEnabler from Nawcom's ModUSB.

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I am using Retail SL with ModUSB from Nawcom's site. Everything works prefect except the VGA port and shutdown, I use VooDoo Battery and SleepEnabler from Nawcom's ModUSB.

Hi brockbackups:

Which version of SL are you using? 10.6.7?

How did you get sound to work well?

Do you have any problems with sleep or wake?

Do you have a custom dsdt?

Thx.

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 127 posts

Hi brockbackups:

Which version of SL are you using? 10.6.7?

How did you get sound to work well?

Do you have any problems with sleep or wake?

Do you have a custom dsdt?

Thx.

I install SL with Retail DVD restored to a USB drive and put Nawcom's ModUSB config on the same USB as the Retail DVD, after install I upgraded to 10.6.7 from the combo update.

Nawcom's ModUSB auto selects the kext for the sound and it works perfect.

I do not have any problems with sleep or wake, during install you need to select Nawcom's SleepEnabler in the custom settings.

As of right now I am not using a DSDT at all, the only thing I can not get working is the VGA port on the laptop and shutdown, other than that its all good.

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I install SL with Retail DVD restored to a USB drive and put Nawcom's ModUSB config on the same USB as the Retail DVD, after install I upgraded to 10.6.7 from the combo update.

Nawcom's ModUSB auto selects the kext for the sound and it works perfect.

I do not have any problems with sleep or wake, during install you need to select Nawcom's SleepEnabler in the custom settings.

As of right now I am not using a DSDT at all, the only thing I can not get working is the VGA port on the laptop and shutdown, other than that its all good.

Hi,

I got VGA to work on Dell E6510. Need different NVCAP than the one provided by GraphicsEnabler. Not sure how to change this in GraphicsEnabler but for me, I got it working using DSDT fix. The following works for getting VGA to work on Nvidia NVS 3100M card in Dell E6510.

The key here is the NVCAP value. I messed around with nearly a dozen of these and finally found this one in this forum on E6410 or a similar kind of dell. Lo and behold, it totally worked in getting VGA out to work on this computer. I still can't get shutdown to work but now I only have one thing to work on.

In the Device AGP, find device VID and insert the following:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x2A)
{
"AAPL,aux-power-connected",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"AAPL,backlight-control",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"AAPL00,DualLink",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"@0,built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},
"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},
"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},
"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},
"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},
"@0,display-cfg",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},
"@1,display-cfg",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
},
"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},
"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x18) //0x14
{
0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,
0x0E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"NVPM",
Buffer (0x1C)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20
},
"device_type",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,GeForce"
},
"model",
Buffer (0x19)
{
"nVidia GeForce NVS 3100M"
},
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},
"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x27)
{
"nVidia GeForce NVS 3100M OpenGL Engine"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

You'll have to completely erase the _DSM method in SB.PCI0.AGP.VID further down in the dsdt.

Hope this works for you/others as well.

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi amirstep

I have a E6510 to

Restart, and sleep was always working for me
I patched my DSDT with Autopatcher from MaLdOn

my hardwarespecs

core i5 2,4 Ghz
4 mb ram
intelHD graphics only
intel wifi 6200
500 gb harddisk

my greatest problem is intelHD graphics
i have all extensions loaded but the screen is still black
vga and displayport isnt working too

can you please share your mbp 6.1 dsdt
i have one , but at compile i have more than 300 errors

thanks

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
SHUTDOWN is fixed!

I got my Dell E6510 to shutdown by putting in the following DSDT fix. It is a well-touted SLPE DSDT fix that has been thrown around in multiple different forums, but today, I found on InfiniteMac a thread which makes it work based on the specific motherboard (http://osx86.co/f36/...1960/page7.html).

Here's the DSDT fix. Insert the operationregion text and change the PTS method to the following outlined. The key here was realizing that the number after SystemIO should be the PMBASE+30h. The PMBASE value is defined in the FACP and it can also be found in the processor definitions (my processor is 0x00000410 - which is PMBASE+10h).

By adding the following into the DSDT, I got shutdown to work. I still can't get sleep to work but will try sleepenabler.

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
, 4,
SLPE, 1
}
Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
{
Store (Zero, SLPE)
Sleep (0x10)
}
Else
{
APTS (Arg0)
EV5 (Arg0, Zero)
}
}

Hi amirstep

I have a E6510 to

Restart, and sleep was always working for me
I patched my DSDT with Autopatcher from MaLdOn

my hardwarespecs

core i5 2,4 Ghz
4 mb ram
intelHD graphics only
intel wifi 6200
500 gb harddisk

my greatest problem is intelHD graphics
i have all extensions loaded but the screen is still black
vga and displayport isnt working too

can you please share your mbp 6.1 dsdt
i have one , but at compile i have more than 300 errors

thanks

Hi fmac,

I tried to upload it but it's not letting me - not sure why... I'll PM you.

Can you share your dsdt.dsl so I can figure out how you can get sleep to work? That's the only thing that I have not been able to get to work now that I fixed shutdown about 20 minutes ago!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

SHUTDOWN is fixed!

The same patch for Gigabyte mobo
:wacko:
Great

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi

here are my dsdt´s

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Hi

here are my dsdt´s

Attached File  dsdt.fmac.zip   16.18KB   52 downloads

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Attached File  dsdt.fmac.zip   16.18KB   52 downloads

thanks MaLd0n

is this patched with AutoPatcher ?

it is okay

only audio is a little problem ( is recongnised in systemprofiler, but cant hear anything )
ac adapter is working but batterymanager is not show

and the biggest problem is intelHD graphics
all extensions are loaded and the framebuffer too (see attechment)
but the screen is still black
only remote control is working

maybe you have a solution via dsdt

Attached Files

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

thanks MaLd0n

is this patched with AutoPatcher ?

it is okay

only audio is a little problem ( is recongnised in systemprofiler, but cant hear anything )
ac adapter is working but batterymanager is not show

and the biggest problem is intelHD graphics
all extensions are loaded and the framebuffer too (see attechment)
but the screen is still black
only remote control is working

maybe you have a solution via dsdt

fmac,

for audio, i've been using voodoohda. you need a small change in the info.plist of this kext for it to work well on this system. I've attached it here. you also need to add hdadisabler as a kext (can find it on insanely mac)

for battery, you need voodoobattery kext (also attached here).

i made the minor changes that make your dsdt different from mine - but i still can't get sleep to work. do you use a sleepenabler kext?

i emailed you the macbook pro 6,1 dsdt

Attached File  Archive.zip   201.5KB   29 downloads

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

fmac,

for audio, i've been using voodoohda. you need a small change in the info.plist of this kext for it to work well on this system. I've attached it here. you also need to add hdadisabler as a kext (can find it on insanely mac)

for battery, you need voodoobattery kext (also attached here).

i made the minor changes that make your dsdt different from mine - but i still can't get sleep to work. do you use a sleepenabler kext?

i emailed you the macbook pro 6,1 dsdt

Attached File  Archive.zip   201.5KB   29 downloads

Hi

im not using sleepenabler kext
i have tests yesterday and sleep is only working in 10.6.7
my version is now 10J4138
im using Chameleon 2RC5 825

hope this helps

Sorry

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi

im not using sleepenabler kext
i have tests yesterday and sleep is only working in 10.6.7
my version is now 10J4138
im using Chameleon 2RC5 825

hope this helps

Sorry

Okay, thank you. So sleep doesn't work in 10.6.5 or 10.6.6?

Thx.

stoned_crazy

stoned_crazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks amirstep for the VGA and shutdown fixes! They both work on my E6410 (posted on http://www.insanelym...;#entry1687243).

Sleep doesn't work though on 10.6.7. It must be fixable using a dsdt change though based on what fmac is saying.

amirstep

amirstep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Thanks amirstep for the VGA and shutdown fixes! They both work on my E6410 (posted on http://www.insanelym...;#entry1687243).

Sleep doesn't work though on 10.6.7. It must be fixable using a dsdt change though based on what fmac is saying.

Great. I'm glad it is also applicable to the E6410. The sleep issue maybe a bit more challenging. Here are my observations so far:

1) When I installed Windows 7 on this E6510, the sleep function is grayed out. The computer would not allow me to sleep until I installed the Nvidia 3100 driver. Once the driver was installed, sleep worked well.

2) Looking at DSDT of the E6510, under PCI0.VID (which is for intel HD graphics), there are a bunch of sleep function methods that are not under PCI0.AGP.VID (which is for Nvidia 3100). I think this is why fmac has sleep working natively with minimal edits.

3) Looking at DSDT posted by avjos for E6400 in InsanelyMac forum, the sleep functionality methods are all shared (outside of the AGP.VID and VID) devices. He has sleep working with apparent minimal DSDT mods (although original DSDT is not posted) with Nvidia 160 card

4) All of this makes me think that the sleep functionality is somehow modulated by the nvidia drivers BUT some degree of functionality should be possible if some of the code under PCI0.VID is used under PCI0.AGP.VID. Actually doing this is no small task - but I'm slowly hacking away at it.

Anyone else is welcome to join the game. I've learned all this on my own (using google, the ACPI spec pdf, and recently, the intel 5 series chipset guide) with very little coaching.

stoned_crazy

stoned_crazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Wow amirstep, that's a valiant effort. I coincidentally had a look the acpi pdf over the last weekend and it frightened me. Especially when Linus Torvalds himself says things like

Modern PCs are horrible. ACPI is a complete design disaster in every way. But we're kind of stuck with it. If any Intel people are listening to this and you had anything to do with ACPI, shoot yourself now, before you reproduce.

One of the main difficulties is that one iteration of coding-testing takes a whole reboot. Do you use any form of (remote) debugging or anything like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy