Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:31 PM
And I just remembered my 4G in the closet. (I upgraded it and never got around to selling it, luckily) It has the FireWire cables, charger, and all that, so I'm charging it now.
Can I make a new partition and use that or do I need to format the whole device?
Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:38 PM
Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:12 AM
Im pretty sure you have to format the whole thing then restore the dmg file of leopard to the ipod in disk utility.
I don't think there is any "restoring" needed to install onto an external firewire disk. Just fire up the installer and select the external disk as a target disk. Should work.
Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:31 AM
Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:03 PM
you should restore because there a hepas of hidden files on the install volume! It worked well for me!
Ok, newb question here, how do i restore?
OK, figured it out, restoring now!
Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:37 AM
Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:52 AM
I installed on my MBP like this:
I'm currently transferring files from my Tiger partition but everything seems to be fine so far.
- Download and extract.
- Use Boot Camp Assistant to split my hard drive into two partitions.
- Connect iPod (30 gig 5G) in disk mode and use Disk Utility to erase it.
- Use Disk Utility to restore the Leopard image to the iPod.
- Reboot, hold option, select the iPod.
- Run Disk Utility from the installer and format the Boot Camp partition.
- Finish the install normally.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users