• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi, try to go through this post one more time Updated my Dell Latitude E6400 from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6.

to get necessary files [E/E and S/L/E] go there:

dropbox E6400

google drive E6400 and here

chomikuj E6400

you need to have new chameleon boot loader as well - Chameleon v2.2 rev2255

Got the Hackintosh working, but I need the USB to boot from Chameleon, Not sure what I need to do, there are no clear instructions.

My wifi is not working either. I downloaded myHack.kext from Koliber's Dropbox used Kext wizard to installed it. Still no Wifi. WTF am I doing wrong and can someone please do a 1, 2, 3 step.

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi there,

Have updated files [Extra and S/L/E] for new OS X - Mavericks 10.9.1 Retail - supporting E6400.

CCC 7GB DMG copy of OS X Mavericks Retail 10.9.1 partition - 25x 230MB

Extra - need to add/change 11 character serial number - 10.9.1_Extra_5.01.2014

System/Library/Extensions - all kexts works - 10.9.1_SLE_5.01.2014

some other old files - Dropbox - E6400

System installed from 8GB USB pendrive, using myHack with my own kexts and extra folder. After deleted myHack.kext and installed my kexts when system boots first time.

I changed my WiFi card from DW1397/BCM4312 to new Atheros AR5BHB112 Half Mini PCIe AR9380 with full Apple Airport support for AirDrop. No kext are needed for this card. Works OOB.

Now I have fully working Sleep, Reboot and Shutdown.

11775411514_411c3b9d06_n.jpg

Replaced my old OCZ Solid 60GB SSD for new OCZ Vertex 2 120GB with SandForce-1200, really good speed for my old E6400

Write 257MB/s

Read 268MB/s

11776370034_01bc8c244b_m.jpg

Tom

chrisp75

chrisp75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Koliberk!

Thank's very much for your job!

I'm new in the mac world and I tried to install OSX in my dell E6400 without success.

Now I tried to download your file but I'm not able to burn an image from a sparsimage files with my win7. Do you know some software to make this?

I see 24 file but with Transmac I'm able to burn only 1 file.

Thank's.

Christian.

N.B.: I'm regitered to dropbox from your link!  ^_^

one2bet

one2bet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am so :) for everyone who was able to install OS X on their Latitude E6400's.

I am beating my head into the wall, because I can't even boot into the language selection part using my OEM Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Boot 132 ISO link is broken and every other search for it produces the version that never gets to the step where you can insert SL DVD and press F5 twice to see it.

This is very frustrating

lostheart

lostheart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Koliberk!

Thank's very much for your job!

I'm new in the mac world and I tried to install OSX in my dell E6400 without success.

Now I tried to download your file but I'm not able to burn an image from a sparsimage files with my win7. Do you know some software to make this?

I see 24 file but with Transmac I'm able to burn only 1 file.

Thank's.

Christian.

N.B.: I'm regitered to dropbox from your link!  ^_^

You have to download carbon copy cloner and then restore this image to your HD. This image is not installable, it can only be restored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy