Squel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigars, Motocycle, Mac OS X
That awsome news.
i can't wait to download this image.
To new memebers of dropbox you have now :)
I wait for my other friends to click and create acount by your link.

PS. Sorry for my bad english

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
OK guys, have here new Mountain Lion 10.8.2 OSX image made for Dell E6400 -> https://www.dropbox....bbbw/0PGV1VtsZh
This is 6GB .dmg disk image with all necessary kexts in S/L/E and E6400 DSDT. There is administrator user "E6400" with password "dell".
This image was tested on 2 different E6400, all works OK ;)

For installation you can use this tutorial http://www.insanelym...20#entry1822031
Hope you like it!

Thanks all for helping with dropbox ;)

As there are bandwidth restriction with dropbox, there is magnet link for torrent:
http://torrenty.org/...ail_Lion_10 8 2
and magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:96212D55AB3546BE9F4877D49230C67381F6F6EB&dn=DellOSX10.8.2.dmg

petruska1973

petruska1973

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for this image!!! I´m the happy owner of a e6400. I´ve already had a snow leopard installed, and replaced with this... fantastic upgrade. But i have a (little) problem....

I have Win 7 and ML (10.8.2 e6400) in this E6400. it boots from the Windows boot menu, that has 2 boot options. One for Win 7 and the other for OSX.

No problem for booting into Win 7.

If i select the OSX option, it goes to Chameleon bootloader ( 2.0 rc4, that was already installed for Snow Leopard), it starts the boot and when it goes to the white screen, it goes down and reboot.

Tried - v, -f, -x... didn´t boot, with the installed chameleon.

So, i´ve downloaded chameleon (updated one) bootloader iso, burn´ed it in a cd, booted from cd, and in verbose mode, i can boot into ML...odd thing.

What i´m a doing wrong, or what did i not read? :-)

Thanks once again for your fantastic work!!!

Squel

Squel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I had exactly the same problem.
I plugged the drive to another mac osx and ive loaded again chameleon.
Then I mounted the disk back in notebook and boot mac os.
In ML chose the chameleon wizard uncheck options to hiding the other partitions.
Now Chameleon supports Windows 8 botting me and mac os.

PS. Sorry for My bad english

MrBryan

MrBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi there, -- thanks for making the image. I'm booted in but I'm stuck i polish as well -- the password "password" is not working on the default user... nor is "dell"

Squel

Squel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Do you boot a ML or Lione?

MrBryan

MrBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
ML image... username tomek i think it was

Do you boot a ML or Lione?

Squel

Squel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
You must boot in single user on chameleon use tab and then write -s. ML boot in console in single user. Type following commands:
Type mount -uw / and press Enter.
Type rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and press Enter.
Type shutdown -h now and press Enter.

MrBryan

MrBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Thanks -- you don't just have the admin password for that user? I managed to switch it to english just by going through menus and guessing.

nevermind that worked fine. Thanks

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
In this image you have 2 users, one is tomek, other is E6400.
Try to logout, and then to login use second user E6400 with password dell.

Thanks -- you don't just have the admin password for that user? I managed to switch it to english just by going through menus and guessing.

nevermind that worked fine. Thanks

ffrlr

ffrlr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys

Can someone give me a few pointers, I am struggling to get ML running on a Dell E6400.
I have downloaded the 10.8.2 OSX image above, copied that to a Dell d620 running SL, then restored it to the drive I took out of the E6400, problem now is it will not boot when put back in the E6400.
From reading the posts, I believe I need to install a bootloader on the E6400 drive, but it seems all the links are now dead, could someone (KoliberK perhaps who was kind enough to create the image) give me a clue as to which bootloader I need and where it is available from? and how to install it.

I have to say, as yet I have very little MAC knowledge, being a Windows person, I have borrowed the D620 and have to say I am hooked!.

any help much appreciated.

Regards

Tony

koliberK

koliberK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

From reading the posts, I believe I need to install a bootloader on the E6400 drive, but it seems all the links are now dead, could someone (KoliberK perhaps who was kind enough to create the image) give me a clue as to which bootloader I need and where it is available from? and how to install it.

Hi Tony,
try Chameleon r2137 from http://onehalfkiller.com/?p=605 or my dropbox https://www.dropbox....bbbw/0PGV1VtsZh

Brian T.

Brian T.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Did you get this to work yet?

ffrlr

ffrlr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the link Koliberk, I doenloaded it from your dropbox. i'll try it this evening when I get home.

Am I correct in thinking I connect the E6400 drive attached to the D620 USB via a sata / usb adapter.
Then, run Chameleon on the D620 and perform the operations on the E6400 ML drive atttached to the USB?
Finally, remove the USB / sata adapter and put the drive back in the E6400 and it should boot ML?

Thanks again
Regards
Tony

ffrlr

ffrlr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Guess I have done something wrong somewhere, I have done what I noted above, when the drive is put back in the E6400 (80GB sata drive), when it tries to boot I get

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done
the cursor is flashing but nothing further happens, so I will format the drive and restore the image again using Disk Utility and try again.

Tony

ffrlr

ffrlr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Progress...., repeating the above procedure, seems to have had some effect, the drive when put back in the E6400, now starts to boot, I see the bootloader screen, then after about 5 seconds it crashes, and restarts, this crash / restart loop continues indefinately.

If I press spacebar when the bootloader screen is visible, then type -v, I get screen fulls of text scrolling up the screen, but it still crashes and restarts, what else can I try? is it possible to find what caused the crash?

Tony

ffrlr

ffrlr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Finally got it running, the boot / reboot issue seemed to have been caused by the E6400 having a WWAN card inside, I removed the WWAN card, and it booted up fine.

KoliberK, did you have any problem with the screen going completely white after a set time, I have done a bit of testing and it is when the 'energy saver' comes in, if I set it to say 1 minute, then after 1 minute of no computer use, I get a completely bright white screen until I hit a key.
The E6400 I have is an intel graphics version if that makes any difference?

Tony

jychuah

jychuah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I know this thread is a little old, but does anyone still have the 64-bit Kexts from last year? I'm running snow leopard and those Kexts and Extra package from the OP seem to be the only ones that work for me, but I lost them when upgrading (sidegrading, really) to OSX Latitude EDPs. When I click on the link in the OP to download the Kexts, it just redirects me to the forum main page.

MK27a

MK27a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
koliberK I am unable to download the image 10.8.2 but doesn't show up in your drop box

MK27a

MK27a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Got the Hackintosh working, but I need the USB to boot from Chameleon, Not sure what I need to do, there are no clear instructions.

My wifi is not working either. I downloaded myHack.kext from Koliber's Dropbox used Kext wizard to installed it. Still no Wifi. WTF am I doing wrong and can someone please do a 1, 2, 3 step.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy