• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Guys, can anyone update us on the latest version used for this driver? Now that we have 10.6.7 and expecting 10.6.8 (end-of-life for SL) can we summarize it all up? What version of the driver are you successfully using? And what's in your DSDT.dsl for PS2M as ID?
Cheers...

kingoffright

kingoffright

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, all

I found that there are two issue in my case:

1)I get a wrong keys by using the VoodooPS2Controller, my ' ` ' key now is between left shift and z, but in fact, between them has no key. the real ' ` ' key will print ' § ' and shift ' ` ' should print ' ~ ', but it becomes ' ± '

2)With this kext, it also fail to change the keyboard's type, I don't know if this cause some combine key function fail, e.g. Ctrl+ALt+F12 is quick reboot, but it's not working now

Aug  3 01:35:37 TEMP kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0xe3
Aug  3 01:35:37 TEMP kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown extended scan code: 0x63

Any way to fix these two issues? Thanks in advance.

I rebuilt (and slightly rewrote) VoodooPS2 for Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger.
This does not need a nub so delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext before install (Don't delete on Tiger though).
The nub is built directly into the VoodooPS2Controller.
For Tiger the nub is dropped because it is present allready in AppleACPIPlatform.kext's plugins.
I also implemented Slice's multimedia keys fix (working now) and the high resolution fix (2400 dpi for Synaptics).
NOTE: If you have a Synaptics touchpad make sure to set the speed to high prior to installation (in Apple Trackpad prefpane).
The speed of the Synaptics touchpad now starts on max (new fix).
The tapping function for ALPS should work too now...
Happy X-Mas to everybody too and a happy new year. -_-

Download including sources:
http://rapidshare.co...0/VoodooPS2.zip
Or download below...
The built products are under build/Release (Tiger/Leopard)

kode54

kode54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I've recompiled VoodooPS for the M1530 with the `/~ key fix as described by ThirdSmile.

I am currently using this build, but it has a problem which also occurred with the stock VoodooPS2. I have it correctly installed to /SLE, and it enables my PS/2 keyboard during boot, but then something disables it about 5 seconds before displaying the login screen. I have to unplug and replug my keyboard to activate it again. It then disables it again immediately after I log in, forcing another replug cycle.

Sleep mode works, though, and the keyboard continues to work after waking, allowing me to unlock the desktop without any further replug cycles, at least until the next reboot.

My Console is filled with:

8/7/11 10:11:50.000 PM bootlog: BOOT_TIME 1312780310 0
8/7/11 10:12:01.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:12:20.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.
8/7/11 10:12:20.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:12:20.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.
8/7/11 10:12:20.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:12:21.000 PM kernel: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded
8/7/11 10:12:21.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.
8/7/11 10:12:21.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:12:21.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected acknowledge from PS/2 controller.
8/7/11 10:12:21.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:13:05.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
8/7/11 10:13:05.000 PM kernel: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected resend request from PS/2 controller.

It seems this mouse timeout happens every time the keyboard is being disconnected.

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it by deleting the VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts from the Contents/PlugIns folder inside the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Naturally, this is only a fix for a problem where there is a PS/2 keyboard but no mouse or trackpad attached. (Maybe removing just the Mouse extension also fixes it for keyboard plus trackpad, but I have no idea as I don't have a trackpad attached, and I don't want to install this mess on my laptop just to test it with its Elan trackpad.)

EDIT again: This driver claims to have fixed the issue with PS/2 keyboards not working without a mouse present, but there's no source for whichever driver version it fixed. Maybe the author is still around so they can shed some light on what needed fixing, to save the trouble of anyone else looking for it.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
someone have trackpad preference panel workin il lion in 64 bit mode? mine it's working but in 32 bit mode. Thank you
p.s. I'm speaking about alps touchpad not synaptics

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Greetings to everyone. Shall I assume this project is dead? Andy? Any updates on the driver you compiled? Thanks.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,077 posts

someone have trackpad preference panel workin il lion in 64 bit mode? mine it's working but in 32 bit mode. Thank you
p.s. I'm speaking about alps touchpad not synaptics

Alps works with vanilla Trackpad Pref Pane so the question to Apple if it doesn't work in 64bit mode.

Greetings to everyone. Shall I assume this project is dead? Andy? Any updates on the driver you compiled? Thanks.

The project is finished. All participants have working driver.

yellowviolent

yellowviolent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Alps works with vanilla Trackpad Pref Pane so the question to Apple if it doesn't work in 64bit mode.

The project is finished. All participants have working driver.

I'd still like to see if any work is being done on getting multi-touch gestures working for Synaptics trackpads in Lion. My system has support for two-finger scrolling but no 3 or 4-finger gestures seem to be working. :(

jazzyguy

jazzyguy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I think a lot of users would love 3 or 4 finger gestures for their hack.

I bet people would be willing to donate for it.

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
older alps pads don't seem to work smoothly at all.

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

+1

It would be great to have more multi-touch gestures for Synaptics trackpads.

Since Elan already has more gestures ported from linux. It's a pity that there is no developers want to update this Synaptics project for a long time...

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

+1

It would be great to have more multi-touch gestures for Synaptics trackpads.

Since Elan already has more gestures ported from linux. It's a pity that there is no developers want to update this Synaptics project for a long time...

Try to use Rehabman version, more updated, new and complete and ask to him for multitouch: https://github.com/R...-PS2-Controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy