4 replies to this topic

danwan

danwan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I'm a Mac user and I really hope someone in this great community can help

I have a Black MACBOOK bought in 2007. It's the first INTEL MAC series which came with Tiger. I lost my original installer disks and after a very serious crash I had no options but install Leopard or Snow.

I googled seriously but is impossible to find system specific installers. After loading many I never had any results at all as the machine always rejects them telling me they are not what my MACBOOK needs.

However I need to reinstall Tiger as I still have several files and apps running in SYS 9 which where never ported to OSX.

As System Specific Installers are totally impossible to find, is there a way for me to use any of the various Tiger Hacks for Intel non Mac hardware so I can run the Machine with a Tiger OSX 10.4.8 and or directly with 10.4.11 if this is at all possible?

If anyone gives me a hand I'll be totally grateful

Thanks and waiting

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
I can confirm that there are several active torrents out there for non-model/CPU specific 10.4.x retail installation DVDs and the 'classic environment' OS9 installer. Keep searching.

I cannot be more specific than that, it's against the forum rules. DO NOT send me a PM asking me where or how to find what you're looking for.

As far as I know, you cannot use a 'Hackintosh' installation DVD on a real Mac.

thyssen2k

thyssen2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
why not buy a set of original installation discs off ebay?

danwan

danwan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

why not buy a set of original installation discs off ebay?

Because all Tiger installers are only for PowerPC Macs not for Intel so there is no way to find them.
Also Apple does not support machine specific installers only Updates to newer systems.
In other words what I find at retail stores and EBAY will simply not work.

I asked this forum because I hope some programmer will help me to crack other Tiger installers I have.

If people can turn Intel Windows machine into MAC I am pretty sure it will be totally easy to write a simple routine to get rid of the notice telling me that installer is for another MAC ....

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts

Because all Tiger installers are only for PowerPC Macs not for Intel so there is no way to find them.

AFAIK, from a certain version and up, the retail Tiger installation DVD is both PPC and Intel.
But I don't remember which version that is. I was able to find this information by googling. But that was a while ago.

Once you find out which version that is, all you need to make sure of is that the DVD you're buying isn't a model specific one, i.e. a 'restore' DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy