Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bungo, noticed you posted that u got your battery fixed for 10.7.x in Zprood's topic, would u mind posting your new dsdt so i can add the fix to my dsdt?i have a q430 but the dsdt's are very similar to the r series

Sure, here u r DSDT_R780JS03_Bungo.dsl.zip. Use with care, many fixes applied may not work for you properly!

My legacy (thanks to AnV) LegacySamsungR780JS03.kext.zip fixing some things, you can use as an exemple.

Thanks to Slice we can get info about AC adapter in SysProf/Power. Edit/add an ACID key under SMCKeys in FakeSMC.kext's plist (i'm using v2.5), put this <85d67f7e a005100c> value taken from some MBP and modified to get 90W (0x5a) ;). It's only cosmetics but may be someone know how to get real info of AC adapter?

My kexts in S/L/E: SamsungR780JS03_Bungo.zip

Extra: SamsungR780JS03_Boot&smbios.plist.zip

• Like 3

@ bungo: your dsdt is working fine for my machine, didn´t get your fixes apllied to my own one without compilation errors, so i tried yours, works nice, but i can´t see battery status it´s just crossed and shows no battery at all...

i also installed the AppleACPIBatteryManager to SLE, no success...

what is the purpose of the legacy kext ?

got it... installed 10.6.8 appleacpiplatform kext to sle...

nice one !!

word, thanks bungo. it's going to take me awhile to go through your dsdt but its gotta be one of the best i've seen, especially with all the comments. i've got battery in 10.7 with a 10.6.8 appleacpiplatform, but i think that kext is causing problems so i'm trying to implement the 8 bit register fix. how stable is the r7 with this dsdt? and what's your geekbench if u don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...

@ bungo: your dsdt is working fine for my machine, didn´t get your fixes apllied to my own one without compilation errors, so i tried yours, works nice, but i can´t see battery status it´s just crossed and shows no battery at all...

i also installed the AppleACPIBatteryManager to SLE, no success...

what is the purpose of the legacy kext ?

got it... installed 10.6.8 appleacpiplatform kext to sle...

nice one !!

I'm using stock AppleACPIPlatform (v1.4) and works fine with AppleACPIBatteryManager after fixing BAT in my DSDT (read this and this).

My Legacy integrates many Legacies in one file (and do some cosmetics :wink2: ). E.g. My AppleIntelPanelA section changes the range of brightness control (moving the start point to darker) - you can suit it for your needs. Lowest level value (0x18) is related (shouldn't be lower) to 10th byte (0x13) in pwm-info in DSDT (under GFX0 injection) - check ApplePanelTable (under PNLF) in IORegExplorer. At the end most important thing - F10T544b value is my panel's DisplayProductID (under AppleBacklightDisplay) 0x544b allow to load legacy. In fact Brightness has 17 steps - first is 0x00 (off)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Samsung R590 - Lion 10.7.3 Package

1. SPECS

1. Chipset: Intel HM55
  2. Processor: Intel Core i5 450M 2.4 GHz
  3. Audio: Realtek ALC269
  4. WIFI: Atheros AR9285 ("Broadcom 14e4:4727" reported by "lspci")
  5. LAN: Marvell Yukon 88E8059 ("Yukon 11ab:4381" reported by "lspci")
  6. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  7. SATA & IDE: AHCI SATA

2. WHAT IS WORKING

1. Chipset: Intel HM55
  2. Processor: Intel Core i5 450M 2.4 GHz (with generating C- and P-States)
  3. Audio: Realtek ALC269 (working with patched AppleHDA.kext, IOAudioFamily.kext and my DSDT, no need for crappy Voodoo)
  4. WIFI: Atheros AR9285 ("Broadcom 14e4:4727" reported by "lspci") - replaced by Dell Mini wifi card 1015, works OOB
  5. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (working by EFI string, good info in system)
  6. SATA & IDE: AHCI SATA (use those settings in bios: Legacy USB- disabled, AHCI mode- manual, AHCI- enabled, S3 USB Wake up-Enabled, Charge when sleep- disabled);
  7. Webcam
  8. All USB Ports
  9. CD-ROM

1. Brightness control - by keys CTRL+UP/DOWN ARROW
  2. Volume control - by keys Fn+LEFTRIGHTARROW
  3. Sleep - no CMOS reset when using patched AppleRTC from E/E and orginal in S/L/E

3. WHATS NOT WORKING OR NOT TESTED

1. LAN: Marvell Yukon 88E8059 ("Yukon 11ab:4381" reported by "lspci")
  2. Card Reader

4. INSTALL METHOD

1. Booted with rBoot LE
  2. install iAtkos L2
  3. move files to places and repair perm
  4. 10.7.3 Combo Update

4.1 Do not install:

• EvOreboot.kext
  • nullcpupowermenagment.kext
  • voodoohda.kext

5. DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire...f6c66h7v9fn0uxb

• 1 month later...

Bungo,

please give me a helping hand. I am stuck in some way-

I upgraded my install to 10.7.3 and have some minor flaws which werent present on Snow.

I grabbed all of your newly posted files and set up my install with them as I have the same machine like you.

Bluetooth behaves very unreliable and the system says it does not find a keyboard so that the bluetooth wizard starts searching for one after booting into the system every time. It bothers me as Lion somehow does not get any information upon my Keyboard being there.

Fix:

Go into System Preferences

Go into Bluetooth

Click the Advanced button at the bottom

Uncheck the first two boxes which say "Open Bluetooth Assistant at startup if no keyboard/mouse is detected"

Was this a reason for your Bluetooth module exchange for the DELL one? My Magic Mouse also jumps occassionally. The question is why does the module work under Snow perfect then.

Do I have to change some of your personal settings in the legacy kext like your bluetooth module and DVD drive to mine?

Lion feels nice but it messes up my joy with these issues.

Also how do I get rid of the:

incorrect image signature

before startup. I use Chimera latest build. :(

Still "Self Assigned IP" problem. Finally got smart and can connect now with my trusty Zonet USB Wireless Adapter. I don't want it to be permanent, but for now it works. Anyone else have ideas?

Not a full solution either, but changing the wireless mode to g-only (not b/g/n mixed) I have no problems. Unfortunately you don't always have access to the router settings.

Also, I followed antagon's method on page 12 to get alc 296 working, sound seems crisper at high levels and the mic works well. Thanks antagon.

Still on 10.6.8 here.

• 3 weeks later...

Was this a reason for your Bluetooth module exchange for the DELL one? My Magic Mouse also jumps occassionally. The question is why does the module work under Snow perfect then.

I decided to change my BT module because of annoying Magic Mouse lags (Snow and Lion).

Do I have to change some of your personal settings in the legacy kext like your bluetooth module and DVD drive to mine?

It is a Legacy kext consolidated in the one file nothing else.

After many tests i removed all BT code except "My Bluetooth" section, it's a legacy code for my new BT module with coresponding idProduct and idVendor to loading BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController plug-in.

Also how do I get rid of the:

incorrect image signature

before startup. I use Chimera latest build. :(

I do not have any experiences with Chimera.

Ah I see. Thanks for the heads up

One more new finding:

When I am going to set the system into sleep, it simply reboots. Do I have to make the change for the suspend to Ram via Terminal? Hibernate=0

Thats when the incorrect image signature comes up as the sleep did not work.

EDIT:

Could you also point me to the proper bluetooth module on ebay to exchange it like yours? I hate the lagging on my MMouse, too. Is it necessary to make a complete dissasembly of the device for the bluetooth exchange? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

One more new finding:

When I am going to set the system into sleep, it simply reboots. Do I have to make the change for the suspend to Ram via Terminal? Hibernate=0

Thats when the incorrect image signature comes up as the sleep did not work.

Yes

EDIT:

Could you also point me to the proper bluetooth module on ebay to exchange it like yours? I hate the lagging on my MMouse, too. Is it necessary to make a complete dissasembly of the device for the bluetooth exchange? Thanks.

Try to search a module from Samsung, Acer, Dell, etc. with BCM92046 chipset. Probably you'll need to change a small connection cabel too (original may not fit).

Yes

Try to search a module from Samsung, Acer, Dell, etc. with BCM92046 chipset. Probably you'll need to change a small connection cabel too (original may not fit).

I found these ones and I am not sure which one fits best.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/270836056554

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180686404802

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300530318087

Apart from the change of the connection cable, is a complete dissasembly necessery to get to the module? This may be a difficult task for me.

I found these ones and I am not sure which one fits best.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/270836056554

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180686404802

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300530318087

Apart from the change of the connection cable, is a complete dissasembly necessery to get to the module? This may be a difficult task for me.

First and second one are mini PCI-e cards, you need an USB (internal) module like last one. Check photos - first one shows BCM92046 (Bluetooth 2.1) but second one BCM92045NMD (Bluetooth 2.0) :blink:.

In my case the new module has a wider socket therefore I needed new connection cable from e.g. Samsung NC10 (http://allegro.pl/52...2332779433.html) or N120 (http://allegro.pl/bl...2323555568.html) or similiar.

You can try this one http://www.ebay.de/itm/300530318087 but on your own risk.

To get the module you need to remove almost all bottom screws, remove dvd drive - one is hide under, to remove a keyboard press 3 latches over keys: F1, F9, PgDn and delicately lift it up, disconect cables and tapes, remove top case - you can use a plastic ruler sliding along the edge. BE CAREFUL!. The module is sticked to a bottom side of a top case.

Good Luck!

P.S. Chimera 1.9.2 booter works for me (sleep, wake etc.). What is a benefit of using Chimera instead of official Chameleon?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update - I've also made the jump to Lion (10.7.4). I used iAtkos L2 to install overtop of my existing Snow Leopard partition.

Everything seems to be working, I had issues with resuming from hibernate so I've switched to "suspend to RAM" sleep mode (booting is quite fast so RAM sleep or full power off work for me).

I was using kext fixes for AR9285 wifi, but the update to 10.7.4 (from 10.7.3) broke it for some reason - now working with edited DSDT (see http://www.insanelym...howtopic=234570) and DeviceMergeNub from juanerson in post #135 in that thread. With this fix, mixed n/g seems to work too (g only before).

I put all my kexts in /S/L/E now, apparently /Extra/Extensions shouldn't be used with Lion. See: http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1815268

Two issues I'd like to resolve sometime but aren't a priority:

1) My current sound fix spams my console log with "Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2018". EDIT: Fixed with bungo's suggestion post #323.

2) The computer just runs out of power when on battery rather than going to sleep, this has always happened, even when hibernate was working.

Extra folder and extensions in S/L/E: http://www.mediafire...wqssvtiebivcchy

I made a patched driver applehda.kext 10.7.4. I do not want to use the drivers from the 10.6.8 and voodoohda.kext

external work, and built-in speakers and built-in microphone

external microphone is not working, built-in microphone not working autodetect

PROBLEM:

Sleep does not work after the built-in speakers

anyone have a solution?

the drivers from the 10.6.8 modified ioaudiofamily.kext

I think that ioaudiofamily.kext also need to collect from the source code. there is a programmers?

http://www.mediafire.com/?f2fpdfddupz9odw

Two issues I'd like to resolve sometime but aren't a priority:

1) My current sound fix spams my console log with "Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2018".

Wrong Pin Config I suppose. Try my duet ALC269_SamsungR780JS03.zip

with:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x00, 0x60)
			Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				VID0, 16,
				DID0, 16,
						Offset (0x4C),
				DCKA, 1,
						Offset (0x4D),
				DCKM, 1,
					, 6,
				DCKS, 1,
						Offset (0x54),
					, 15,
				PMES, 1
			}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x06)
					{
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0d, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
						},

"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (Zero) {},

"platformFamily",
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}
				 }, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x09,
				0x04
			})
		}

Most important is "layout-id" (269), determines Device Id used in kexts. And from my experiences this is the best duet AppleHDA/IOAudioFamily.

Hope this will help.

P.S. If this won't help digg for HDMI

Thanks, indeed it did! Console is clean now.

My pleasure derekreid.

Evidently you've got identical audio card like mine :wink2:

I prepared my kexts especially for my laptop model following the gurus like THe KiNG. I prefer manual switching INs and OUTs but is possible to get autoswitching of course.

P.S. That works in Mountain Lion DP3 too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bungo,

I'm using your ALC269 AppleHDA + IOAudioFamily with modified pinconfigs & pathmaps, it works great. I would like to try patching the stock 10.8 AppleHDA though and I'm wondering if you know what the procedure is to binary patch AppleHDA. I've tried running the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA

to no avail (I get a few sound assertions when booting and no device is recognized). I have everything else set up as in the older versions, the only other difference is that the layoutXX.xml and Platforms.xml files are now compressed into zlibs (I'm using RevoGirl's zlib compression/extraction script to edit them http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/applehda-for-mountain-lion-dp3/). Any help would be much appreciated.