ATI Radeon 4670.....plesase god please......

Raj_1990

33 posts in this topic

I have a 4670 that is working in my ex58-ud3r I7 920 system using cakewalk with nothing special done other than 10.6.2 but it is quite strange and unique.

I had to install 10.6.0 with another card, then upgrade to 10.6.2 and then swap the 4670 in. Also, it only works with both monitors plugged in.

I have 2 24" monitors and they're identical models. This appears to be the only way that it works, as I cannot boot just one monitor.

Also, My system will sleep, but when it wakes only one monitor will come on. Like I said, a quite strange and unique setup.

screenshot20100709at805.png

EDIT: one monitor is on hdmi out using a hdmi > DVI cable and the other is DVI > DVI. I have never messed with VGA as it usually looks like {censored} at 19x12 resolution.

Does anyone have any Idea on how to correct the wake from sleep and have both monitors work as this is the only real issue I have with my hackintosh?

HD4670 I think is the easyest VGA to go .. I`ve got Sapphire HD4670 DDR3 512MB.. My advice is - Don`t use any hack or modified kexts .. The card runnig OOB just with Chameleon beautifully .. SL Retail 10.6.7

What to do:

1. Use Chameleon Wizzard to update Chameleon to lastest Trunk

2. In com.apple.boot.plist, add GraphicsEnabler=yes & AtiConfig=Motmot/Flicker (here choose the outputs)

Thats all .. Tested on few other 4670s .. work fully everywhere... Good luck..

And something nicer .. I try the LION ATI kext.. There the VGA run out of box, even without GraphicsEnabler or any ATI Config .. like the way you run it in Windows .. I`m waiting for Lion .. ;)

HD4670 I think is the easyest VGA to go .. I`ve got Sapphire HD4670 DDR3 512MB.. My advice is - Don`t use any hack or modified kexts .. The card runnig OOB just with Chameleon beautifully .. SL Retail 10.6.7

What to do:

1. Use Chameleon Wizzard to update Chameleon to lastest Trunk

2. In com.apple.boot.plist, add GraphicsEnabler=yes & AtiConfig=Motmot/Flicker (here choose the outputs)

Thats all .. Tested on few other 4670s .. work fully everywhere... Good luck..

And something nicer .. I try the LION ATI kext.. There the VGA run out of box, even without GraphicsEnabler or any ATI Config .. like the way you run it in Windows .. I`m waiting for Lion .. :D

I prefer not to use vga as I run 1920 x 1200 and vga cna be quite blurry at that resolution. Any input on my issue two posts up?

Don`t have such a issue .. for me.. Wake from sleep works perfectly by this methods that I told you. Every resolution and monitors works like in windows ..

Advice:

1. Remove any hacks you made.

2. Go to lastest SL.

3. Use AtiConfig, there is a lot of different outputs, not just Motmot/Flicker, try any else..

4. Try with LionDP4 graphic drivers.

5. And finally Lion come soon .. :) ATI run out of box with it, if something don`t work for you on SL .. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Don`t have such a issue .. for me.. Wake from sleep works perfectly by this methods that I told you. Every resolution and monitors works like in windows ..

Advice:

1. Remove any hacks you made.

2. Go to lastest SL.

3. Use AtiConfig, there is a lot of different outputs, not just Motmot/Flicker, try any else..

4. Try with LionDP4 graphic drivers.

5. And finally Lion come soon .. :) ATI run out of box with it, if something don`t work for you on SL .. :(

I understand wake from sleep works perfectly for you, are you running dual screens on hdmi and dvi? I am and like I said wake from sleep works fine except for the part where my hdmi monitor does not come on and nothing I do after wake except for a restart will bring it back on.

• 6 months later...

Instructions To Get ATI 4670 Working On Snow Leopard :

1. Remove Your Graphic Card

2. Install Snow Leopard

3. Install Chameleon RC4

4. Update To Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (optional step u can ignore)

5. Download The Flicker Boot File

6. Paste The Downloaded File In Your Root Partition

6.1. To Do that U can simply copy paste the file or use terminal to do it

6.2 Using Terminal (Commands)--> a. sudo -s

b. cp -R {drag and drop downloaded file into terminal} / {press enter}

7. Shut Down and Insert Ur Graphic Card

8. When the Bootscreen appears....type "-pci1" (without quotes)

and voila u are done.....ATI 4670 Works....fully that too.....enjoy computing.....smile.png

Download Link Flicker File :

I will add a youtube video on how to get this working in a short while.....smile.png

Hello guys,

I've been trying for hours to get my HD4670 working, but no chance. :( I installed 10.6.3 iAtkos on my Q6600 CPU with HD5450 on VGA, than installed HD4600 Kexts posted in the first part of this thread. After that, i installed 10.6.4 update and (without restart) overwritten the boot file with the one you mentioned. Then, i replaced the HD5450 with the HD4670, which only has DVI. It boots, but immediately after the boot the screen goes blank and there is no more signal on the display. Tried with -pci1 command also, but the same results.

I used Chameleon RC5, but i doubt that using RC4 will help.

Can you please, help? I just can't get it working on the DVI. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...