ATI Radeon 4670.....plesase god please......

Raj_1990

33 posts in this topic

Someone here please help me run my graphic card ati 4670. I am since many months but no use.It only works on 1024x768 resolution...no graphics nd horrible performance.I tried all the methods out there with no result...please someone help me.....

My Specs:

core2duo 3.0ghz

2GB ram

ati radeon hd 4670 1gb ddr3

Thanks in advacne................please for the sake of god......help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Someone here please help me run my graphic card ati 4670. I am since many months but no use.It only works on 1024x768 resolution...no graphics nd horrible performance.I tried all the methods out there with no result...please someone help me.....

My Specs:

core2duo 3.0ghz

2GB ram

ati radeon hd 4670 1gb ddr3

Thanks in advacne................please for the sake of god......help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

use graphicsenabler and pcefi 10.6

its not working.getting a black screen.else some kind user of ati 4670 1gb ddr3 who has a totally working setup of snow leopard.....kindly donate the following files to me please.......

1.boot file present in the root drive

2.ATI4600Controller.kext present in /System/Library/Extensions

3.ATIRadeonX2000.kext present in /System/Library/Extensions

4.com.apple.boot.plist present in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

i dont understand one thing......the real macs ship with a ati radeon 4670 by default....but why is my 4670 refusing to work ???

Its a mobile version and not a full fledge size card like the ATI HD4850 on the 27" thats why the HD4670 fits on the smaller iMac's : And the particular Diamond HD4670 that was working for me was on SL 10.6.2 and only the vga worked.

I used an nvidia 7300gt to get it running on first boot and then installed the correct kext's with the id's in the plist. Its working and I couldn't get it to play HD .mkv files no-matter what codec's were installed.

It play all other formats fine but not 1080i or 1080p it's just pixel soup.

I tried to update to SL10.6.3 and no go. It's my friends build so, he's happy with 10.6.2. He's a new user and doesn't do much but surf the web.

pcefi 10.6 works, you need ... Try these with SL version you have installed. Working 10.6.2 but worth a try.

ATI4600Controller.kext.zip

ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip

ATISupport.kext.zip

Use the kext Helper from here

Then use kext utility to clear cache and rebuilds mkext

@Hangten bro first of all thanks for the info....i really appreciate ur effort. I tried all the stuff you gave but when i restart snow leopard all i get is a black screen but all the computer is running perfectly. only the display doesnt show up. i tried with vga-vga,dvi-dvi,hdmi-dvi but no use....always i get a black screen. i think the prblm is i hav 10.6.3 and u said it vil work only on 10.6.2. well i need a small clarification......wil it work on 10.6.0 ???

Jump to this thread to try and see if it works for you

No on 10.6.0, it only worked for 10.6.2 CI/QC

The card itself had one of each VGA, HDMI, DVI

The other thing that I failed to mention is you need to power-cycle(restart) when trying each port on the card. You, can't just plug it in and it will magically give you a picture.

Instructions:

Shut down

Then unplug the VGA*

Then try DVI

Turn on...?

Yes, its a pain

OMG.....i cant believe my own eyes.......it worked. finally it worked.....and thank you Hangten.......for all your effort.....i installed 10.6.3 nd updated to 10.6.4. then i installed chameleon rc5 with pcefi 10.6 and replaced it with the flickr boot file....nd booted with -pci1 boot flag.....and VOILA.......it worked. after all these months of struggle......i hav a fully working ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. Special thanks to "Hangten" and 'jsfullr'.....cheers......:)

herez my screeny.....:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/santoshcoolhere/5009170795/

• 3 weeks later...

@dino7777

bro i tried it with dual screen but only hdmi nd dvi ports are working. i.e i tried using vga nd it didnt work....bt da hdmi nd dvi outputs are working without any problem.the only problem is vga.for me dual screen works.....

OMG.....i cant believe my own eyes.......it worked. finally it worked.....and thank you Hangten.......for all your effort.....i installed 10.6.3 nd updated to 10.6.4. then i installed chameleon rc5 with pcefi 10.6 and replaced it with the flickr boot file....nd booted with -pci1 boot flag.....and VOILA.......it worked. after all these months of struggle......i hav a fully working ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. Special thanks to "Hangten" and 'jsfullr'.....cheers...... ;)

herez my screeny..... ;)

Could you give a little bit more info on what you did?

I have an HIS HD Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3 and I can only boot into SL in safe mode. I installed with a retail disc and then updated to 10.6.1 with no changes. So I tried 10.6.2 and I got a black screen when trying to boot, safe mode or not. I get the error "Device in Slot: Slot--1"

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Please guys

for all who has fully working HD 4670

What should I have in \Extra\Extensions to run this card ?

Nothing, make sure you use one of the latest bootloaders: like Chameleon 2 RC4 (or RC5). Then in the boot.com.plist: <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

And maybe, escpecially on Gigabyte motherboards:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

Maybe you have to add your device-id in the ATI4600Controller.kext.

I did what you said but I get black screen

You will get a black screen if you are using the wrong framebuffer. Are you using VGA or DVI? The ATI injector in Chameleon defaults to the Peregrine framebuffer for the Radeon 4670. You may be able to use DVI if you have an HDMI cable plugged in. Otherwise, you need to change the framebuffer to Flicker for DVI or Motmot for VGA.

Actually I fixed it and running now very smoothly with QE/CI

I did a very stupid mistake that was preventing Mac from working

I have multiple hard drives and I was changing the boot file in the Mac Hard drive but was booting from the Windows hard drive ;) so its like I did nothing soooo stupid

So I formatted the mac partition and installed a new one 10.6.3 iAtkos

default options with pc efi 10.6

changed the boot file to flicker

and its working :)

I'm so happy

• 3 months later...
OMG.....i cant believe my own eyes.......it worked. finally it worked.....and thank you Hangten.......for all your effort.....i installed 10.6.3 nd updated to 10.6.4. then i installed chameleon rc5 with pcefi 10.6 and replaced it with the flickr boot file....nd booted with -pci1 boot flag.....and VOILA.......it worked. after all these months of struggle......i hav a fully working ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. Special thanks to "Hangten" and 'jsfullr'.....cheers......:)

herez my screeny.....:)

Raj,

TQ for sharing your experience.

Where did you get pcefi 10.6 with chameleon rc5? The original netkas pcefi 10.6 has rc3 only?

Any inputs where I can get either pcefi 10.6 with chameleon rc5 or chameleon rc5 with pcefi 10.6 would be much appreciated.

TQ & Have a nice day

You will get a black screen if you are using the wrong framebuffer. Are you using VGA or DVI? The ATI injector in Chameleon defaults to the Peregrine framebuffer for the Radeon 4670. You may be able to use DVI if you have an HDMI cable plugged in. Otherwise, you need to change the framebuffer to Flicker for DVI or Motmot for VGA.

How do you change the framebuffer to Flicker? Which kext filec and item in kext to change?

TQ

• 2 months later...

Instructions To Get ATI 4670 Working On Snow Leopard :

1. Remove Your Graphic Card

2. Install Snow Leopard

3. Install Chameleon RC4

4. Update To Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (optional step u can ignore)

5. Download The Flicker Boot File

6. Paste The Downloaded File In Your Root Partition

6.1. To Do that U can simply copy paste the file or use terminal to do it

6.2 Using Terminal (Commands)--> a. sudo -s

b. cp -R {drag and drop downloaded file into terminal} / {press enter}

7. Shut Down and Insert Ur Graphic Card

8. When the Bootscreen appears....type "-pci1" (without quotes)

and voila u are done.....ATI 4670 Works....fully that too.....enjoy computing.....:)

Download Link Flicker File :

I will add a youtube video on how to get this working in a short while.....:)