• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

guyin916

guyin916

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Hmmm, interesting. Have you been able to test the CPU in another system to ensure its not damaged...?

no. i am going to write the ebay seller who sold it to me. it's passed the DOA refund, but i'll let him know it's a {censored} cpu =)

guyin916

guyin916

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

I hit some serious difficulties straight away, and this thread did little to help.

wow. i just noticed that comment. that burns deep down. but it's my bad in doing more bashing than being technical in my post. at least i narrowed down the initial problem.

-p

Katch

Katch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Its not really a dig at you, just the post is very dense and leaves out some details. It certainly put me on the right track, but could have made things more clear.

Katch

Katch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hmmm only turning on for a second.. the fan spins up then nothing? Thats what my C100 did with an unsupported WiFi Card installed...

Possibly only the supported CPUs will work, 740 - 750 -760 etc

I'm trying to get the BIOS taken to pieces at the moment to find out what Mini PCI cards are on the whitelist - it may be possible to add CPU microcodes to the BIOS image.

I have a 1.6 400MHz P-M turning up tomorrow, if it does the same as your 1.5 we'll have our answer.

Katch

Katch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
My 1.6GHz SL7EG works fine. Will try the Pin mod later.

EDIT -

Pin mod unsucessful. Reboots before bootloader at default voltage. BSODs during XP is loading at VID0 and VID1. Didn't want to try it any higher... but may get bored and try VID2 at some point.

guyin916

guyin916

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
was it a copper wire used for the pin mod? i just realized i used something besides copper. some websites used B16 to C16.... while others suggest C15 to C16.

does your 1.6ghz feel any faster?

i just wanna think ebay sellers have some shady cpu's.. mine had 2 bent pins. it's too late to dispute the charges and the seller is not responding to my emails.

Katch

Katch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Used copper wire for this one. The mod went in fine, the CPU just can't handle the higher FSB. Some chips just can't do more than their binned speeds and this is one of them.

There are definitely some dodgey CPUs on ebay, the 1.73GHz I had was sold as tested blatently hadn't been. At least the guy refunded my that one.

At stock the 1.6 is definitely faster than the 1.5 celeron. It scores an extra 10 points under Xbench (overall - a 55% to 65%) and gets a 10 second improvement in Super PI. Not to mention that this CPU has speedstep so an increase in battery life and decrease in heat is also noticeable.

Katch

Katch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Check this post

http://forum.insanel...t=0#entry223466

for a way to get the C100s to boot the install DVDs natively without VMWare installs or taking the Hdd to another PC :2cents:.

guyin916

guyin916

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
sweet. i still haven't gotten around to booting my osx cd in my dvd burner yet. so much school work! =)

x10

x10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm trying to get the BIOS taken to pieces at the moment to find out what Mini PCI cards are on the whitelist - it may be possible to add CPU microcodes to the BIOS image.

Apologies for opening up such an old thread, but I wondered if anyone had managed to get a bios update created to allow any wireless card to be used on the Lenovo 3000 C100, or perhaps an app to add card ID's to the Whitelist?

Many thanks!

X10

guyin916

guyin916

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
sold the laptop and moved on. sorry, dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy