Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

my nb VGA come with intel HD + ATI 4550 mobility, I can boot without ATI or INTEL HD kext loaded for 1024x768 without qe/ci, after patched the Chameleon RC4 bootloader, I can get 1366x768 without qe/ci and have the ATI 4550 HD recognized but cannot make it work yet.

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :(

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :P

Finally some important steeps ..

If this succeed I'll be the most happy man on earth!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
The kext was released by apple in 10.6.3 and i didnt see anyone working on it.. If anyone have get the gma to work in snow leopard please share here.. i think most of us will appreciate you..

Thanks.

here is the kext from original 10.6.4 Mac OSX..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nt2iterfjaz

Edit :

Uploaded Original DSDT from MacbookPro 2010 model with gforce 330m / Intel HD graphics.

Thanks to one guy in x4500 thread for upload this..

Regards.

Hello,

It could be interresting to know if it was Nvidia or Intel witch was selected.

I think it was nvidia because of that :

GFX

in registry ndrv-dev = true

Could you post ioregistry dump with Intel HD selected ?

Fred

I was able to get the native resolutions (max 1600 x 900) while using screen sharing. No more screen artifacts anymore. Need to add some missing properties under AppleIntelFrameBuffer. Can that be done with Natit.kext and if yes how?

I get this in kernel.log:

Alkor: Starting.
Chosen model Not supported.
Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist

When I use Natit.kext (the attached one in one of the previous posts here).

Can someone please attach the source code of this Natit.kext> This way I can have a look at it, and hopefully find out what it is that I am missing. Thank you.

Update: Getting the following Info.plist only kext (called AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit.kext) to inject "AAA" with the text "test" is crucial for getting it to work. To inject the new properties, so please help me out:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Intel HD Graphics Init</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0d1</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AAA</key>
		<string>test</string>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>
		<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x468086</string>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
	<string>1.0.0b1</string>
	<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>com.apple.kernel.libkern</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

What am I missing? Why isn't it working?

Update 2: The LCD screen is now on and I can see OS X for the very first time on this HP notebook. Which is sweet, but I still need to address some issues. Like the one above.

Update 2: The LCD screen is now on and I can see OS X for the very first time on this HP notebook. Which is sweet, but I still need to address some issues. Like the one above.

Are You Getting Notebook Screen to Work With Kexts Loaded?

Are You Getting Notebook Screen to Work With Kexts Loaded?

I can't confirm that. Not yet. I first have to reinstall OS X on another HDD because the one I was using (external USB) died on me. Will report back when I get there again.

Update: Hard drive replaced and OS X 10.6.4 retail installed. Having issues getting native resolution of 1600 x 900 back to work. It is recognized / shows up in the menu / Display preferences, but only worked once. Was gone after a reboot. Stupid 2.5" Samsung drives...

I can't confirm that. Not yet. I first have to reinstall OS X on another HDD because the one I was using (external USB) died on me. Will report back when I get there again.

I don't understand why this is so difficult. What is it about AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and framebuffer that our hackintoshes find difficult to get into use?

quote: tonymacx86

Ya- finally a worth successor to my aging 1.5ghz PowerBook. icon_e_smile.gificon_razz.gif

If indeed the rumored MacBook Air uses Intel mobile i3/i5s + Intel GMA HD graphics and no ATI/NVIDIA discreet card, it can only mean good things for desktop i3/i5s with no discreet card. icon_e_ugeek.gif

we should have no trouble at all if this is true

quote: tonymacx86

If indeed the rumored MacBook Air uses Intel mobile i3/i5s + Intel GMA HD graphics and no ATI/NVIDIA discreet card, it can only mean good things for desktop i3/i5s with no discreet card. icon_e_ugeek.gif

we should have no trouble at all if this is true

For sure, but I wonder how long that's gonna take. Am so in need of QE right now.unsure.gif

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :whistle:

just upload the chameleon rc5 patch, but rc5 have problem on my usb, rc4 is stable in my case.

just upload the chameleon rc5 patch, but rc5 have problem on my usb, rc4 is stable in my case.

Upload to where? I don't see an attachment here. Confused?!?

I found the boot file in a previous post, but there's no source code. No diff. What changed?

Upload to where? I don't see an attachment here. Confused?!?

I found the boot file in a previous post, but there's no source code. No diff. What changed?

He is responded to my request here. He upload the boot file in his previous post here.

Hi wii, thank you for your effort. :whistle: But it didn't work for me. I didn't get native resolution (1366x768) on my Asus A42JV. My notebook have Intel HD + Nvidia GT 335M. I'm able to get the Nvidia recognized (including the VRAM) but since the connection (to output) is handled by Intel HD, the Nvidia is not usable. Both Intel HD & Nvidia are listed in System Profiler.

Oct 13 15:16:15 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
Oct 13 15:16:15 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCWCM: Version number - 4.0.1
Oct 13 15:16:23 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCACMData: Version number - 4.0.1, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 16
Oct 13 15:16:25: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0x25, stepping 0x5
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: Found 2 cores 4 threads
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU#0 Tjmax 105
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU#1 Tjmax 105
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: 0		6 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCDMM: Version number - 4.0.1
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: 0		9 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: Version number - 4.0.1, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 32
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: PTKawainVi: started
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Vendor ID: 10de, Device ID: caf
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Architecture: 800000
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: GT215 [GeForce GT 335M]
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Error reading BIOS
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AirPort_AthrFusion21: Ethernet address 1c:4b:d6:fb:f6:cc
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete():  adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():  
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: Ethernet address 02:80:37:fc:02:00
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: - Link up
Oct 13 15:16:28 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
Oct 13 15:16:37 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDA: rmStart failed
Oct 13 15:16:37 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDA,Display-B: Not usable

I got kernel panic when AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext loaded (not because of your boot file, it KP regardless which boot file I use). So, I have to removed it. If I removed AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, I got black screen but backlight is ON. If I removed both AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext & AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, I will get display at internal LCD screen but still can't get native resolution. If you can figure this out, I really appreciated. Thank you. :whistle:

He is responded to my request here. He upload the boot file in his previous post here.

Hi wii, thank you for your effort. :) But it didn't work for me. I didn't get native resolution (1366x768) on my Asus A42JV. My notebook have Intel HD + Nvidia GT 335M. I'm able to get the Nvidia recognized (including the VRAM) but since the connection (to output) is handled by Intel HD, the Nvidia is not usable. Both Intel HD & Nvidia are listed in System Profiler.

Oct 13 15:16:15 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
Oct 13 15:16:15 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCWCM: Version number - 4.0.1
Oct 13 15:16:23 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCACMData: Version number - 4.0.1, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 16
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0x25, stepping 0x5
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: Found 2 cores 4 threads
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU#0 Tjmax 105
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU#1 Tjmax 105
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: 0		6 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCDMM: Version number - 4.0.1
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: 0		9 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed
Oct 13 15:16:25 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: Version number - 4.0.1, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 32
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: PTKawainVi: started
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Vendor ID: 10de, Device ID: caf
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Architecture: 800000
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: GT215 [GeForce GT 335M]
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: Error reading BIOS
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AirPort_AthrFusion21: Ethernet address 1c:4b:d6:fb:f6:cc
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete():  adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():  
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: Ethernet address 02:80:37:fc:02:00
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
Oct 13 15:16:27 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: AppleUSBCDCECMData: - Link up
Oct 13 15:16:28 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
Oct 13 15:16:37 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDA: rmStart failed
Oct 13 15:16:37 kizwans-MacBook kernel[0]: NVDA,Display-B: Not usable

I got kernel panic when AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext loaded (not because of your boot file, it KP regardless which boot file I use). So, I have to removed it. If I removed AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, I got black screen but backlight is ON. If I removed both AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext & AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, I will get display at internal LCD screen but still can't get native resolution. If you can figure this out, I really appreciated. Thank you. :)

Hey i have an alienware m11x with core i7, it comes with an intel gma hd and gt 335m as well and was wondering how were you able to get the two cards recognize in system profiler.. thanks..

Hey i have an alienware m11x with core i7, it comes with an intel gma hd and gt 335m as well and was wondering how were you able to get the two cards recognize in system profiler.. thanks..

Hi Aziiris, no need to quote a long post. :) I injected it (both GPU) in DSDT. It helps Mac OS X to recognized the GT 335M properly but it still unusable because of the Intel HD. The Intel HD is still not properly recognized because of the problem with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. Actually, without modified DSDT, both card should be listed in System Profiler but not properly recognized. I'm hoping wii3212 can help us.

What version of Mac OS X you're running right now? Do you have same problem like me with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext?

Opps sorry, erm currently im running 10.6.4 with all the updates installed. The issue im facing is when i place AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext into /S/L/E i will have a white crappy screen any particular reason why?

Also, how did you inject it into the dsdt?

Opps sorry, erm currently im running 10.6.4 with all the updates installed. The issue im facing is when i place AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext into /S/L/E i will have a white crappy screen any particular reason why?

I'm not sure. Did you put AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext into /S/L/E?

Also, how did you inject it into the dsdt?

First you need to identify where your GPUs is located. You can find this information in windows Device Manager. In Details tab, collect information such as Address & Parent. Follow where Parent device is located. Usually under System devices tree. Collect information from Parent device too. Address is important, for example my Nvidia GT 335M:-

Device description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

Hardware Ids: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CAF&SUBSYS_14221043&REV_A2

Address: 00000000

Parent: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0045&SUBSYS_1C771043&REV_18\3&11583659&0&08

Located Parent device under System devices tree:-

Device description: Intel® processor PCI Express Root Port - 0045

Hardware Ids: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0045&SUBSYS_1C771043&REV_18

Address: 00010000

In my DSDT, I will need to locate "Address: 00010000" (Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)):-

Device (PEG1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Now I need to locate "Address: 00000000" (Name (_ADR, 0x00)) in Device (PEG1):-

Device (PEG1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (PICM)
				{
					Return (AR02 ())
				}
				Return (PR02 ())
			}
			Device (GFX0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x00)

This indicate my Nvidia GT 335M is located in Device (PEG1)\Device (GFX0). This is where I put Nvidia injection code, like this:-

Device (PEG1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
               Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   If (PICM)
                   {
                       Return (AR02 ())
                   }
                   Return (PR02 ())
               }
               Device (GFX0)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x00)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x22)
                       {
                           "@0,AAPL,boot-display",
                           Buffer (Zero)
                           {
                           }, 
                           "@0,backlight-control", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "@0,built-in", 
                           Buffer (Zero)
                           {
                           }, 
                           "@0,compatible", 
                           Buffer (0x0A)
                           {
                               "NVDA,NVMac"
                           }, 
                           "@0,device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x08)
                           {
                               "display"
                           }, 
                           "@0,name", 
                           Buffer (0x0E)
                           {
                               "NVDA,Display-A"
                           }, 
                           "@0,use-backlight-blanking", 
                           Buffer (Zero)
                           {
                           }, 
                           "@1,can-hot-plug", 
                           Buffer (Zero)
                           {
                           }, 
                           "@1,compatible", 
                           Buffer (0x0A)
                           {
                               "NVDA,NVMac"
                           }, 
                           "@1,device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x08)
                           {
                               "display"
                           }, 
                           "@1,name", 
                           Buffer (0x0E)
                           {
                               "NVDA,Display-B"
                           }, 
                           "AAPL,aux-power-connected", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL,backlight-control", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "NVCAP", 
                           Buffer (0x18)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 
                               /* 0008 */    0xFE, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x0A, 
                               /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "VRAM,totalsize", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40
                           }, 
                           "device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x0B)
                           {
                               "NVDA,Parent"
                           }, 
                           "model", 
                           Buffer (0x16)
                           {
                               "NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M"
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }
           }

As for Intel HD Graphics, the fast way to identify where it is located in DSDT, is by looking it in IORegistryExplorer application. Injection for Intel HD Graphics is only experimental. You don't need to do it. Anyway, this is Intel HD Graphics injection code I use:-

// start Intel HD injection
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x22)
                       {
                           "@0,AAPL,alias-policy",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "@0,AAPL,display-alias",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "@0,AAPL,mux-switch-state",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "@0,AAPL,primary-display",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "@0,built-in",
                           Buffer (Zero)
                           {
                           }, 
                           "AAPL,aux-power-connected",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL,backlight-control",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T1",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T2",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T3",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xc8, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T4",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xc8, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T5",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T6",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "AAPL00,T7",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x90, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "hda-gfx", 
                           Buffer (0x09)
                           {
                               "onboard-1"
                           }, 
                           "model", 
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "Intel HD Graphics"
                           }, 
                           "built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               Zero
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
               // end Intel HD injection

When compiling, if you get error message mentioning there are duplicate entry of Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized), just removed the original one.

I hope you understand. I already tried my best explaining it in details. Good luck. ;)

Hi to all

I have here an ACER travelmate TM 8372 TG with Core i5 ,Intel HD, and Nvidia Geforce 310m

and in the bios is the option to set the "Display Mode" to "Discrete" or "Switchable"

with "Swichtable" i can change the card in Win 7 to Nvidia or Intel HD, in OSX i have full

resolution but no QE or CI

with set to "Discrete" ,Win 7 is working with Nvidia card, in OSX i have full control

of resolutions and the great thing, I have full Core Image and Quartz Extreme

and all this with vanilla Nvidia kexts

Maybe there is a solution to disable Intel HD in yours bios

Or is there the posibility to deactived Intel HD via DSDT Patch

Sorry for my english

AUSTRIA - high montains, no kangurus

with "Swichtable" i can change the card in Win 7 to Nvidia or Intel HD, in OSX i have full

Can you show/tell me how you change between Intel HD & Nvidia GPU in Win 7? If necessary, please post here the screenshot of the application you use to switch between Intel HD & Nvidia GPU. Thank you very much. :)

The application is locatet in the Taskbar, and is part of the Nvidia driver software

when set to "Discrete" this option is not shown in the taskbar

will try to take some screenshots later

my daugther is sitting in front of it, and has something todo for school

Soory for my english

AUSTRIA high montains - no kangurus

Hi to all

I have here an ACER travelmate TM 8372 TG with Core i5 ,Intel HD, and Nvidia Geforce 310m

and in the bios is the option to set the "Display Mode" to "Discrete" or "Switchable"

with set to "Discrete" ,Win 7 is working with Nvidia card, in OSX i have full control

of resolutions and the great thing, I have full Core Image and Quartz Extreme

and all this with vanilla Nvidia kexts

Maybe there is a solution to disable Intel HD in yours bios

Or is there the posibility to deactived Intel HD via DSDT Patch

Sorry for my english

AUSTRIA - high montains, no kangurus

Would you mind attaching a IORegistry Explorer dump for me? Thanks a lot!

To all: See what I found out so far at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232968

Very nice job. :(

Thank you. That's very kind of you.

BTW I just figured out where to locate information about AppleIntelFrameBuffer properties. Gonna add some more info tomorrow. Woohoo I love IOGraphicsTypes.h That will most certainly help me to understand what all these bits, bytes and words are doing LOL

BTW I just figured out where to locate information about AppleIntelFrameBuffer properties. Gonna add some more info tomorrow. Woohoo I love IOGraphicsTypes.h That will most certainly help me to understand what all these bits, bytes and words are doing LOL

I'm useless when it come to driver programming/source code. :P I'm depend on you now. ;)