• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1324 replies to this topic

petopay

petopay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
That's Great cause Almost All My Apps Needs Better Resolution and More Importantly QE/CI to Function; Would Help In Testing Too...

zyflxr

zyflxr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My Laptop is X201i with 5700MHD. I tried to make the QE/CI works. However, I tried a lot of method and failed in the end.
I can't understand why new macbook pro use the same graphics chips and my laptop can't use the driver.
I guess that the DSDT must be modified to make it similar to macbook pro.

Anybody knows how to make the QE/CI working on the machine?

5555, I'm waitting, too....

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Just to let you guys know, TonyMacx86 (creator of ##### & #####) has managed to get both AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to load on his computer which is great news by the way. The problem is that his computer monitor won't display anything, however he can use it by screensharing. Also the custom screen resolution works too but again by screensharing.

Basically, the Intel HD Graphics are working, but not on the main computer monitor. Whether QE/CI works is still unknown but at least custom resolution works.

Maybe we will be able to make the Intel HD Graphics finally work on our hackintoshes sooner than we think! :)

http://www.tonymacx8...=...0f&start=80

Hwold

Hwold

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I modified the plist in each kexts. (I change the code to 5700MHD) 00428086.

Why 0042 ? According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA, the code for your card should be 2a428086, and 0042 is for GMA HD

(I change the X3100 item to Gen575.)

Where does this "Gen575" comes from ?

stevmach

stevmach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi, someone want to see that, SL 10.6.4 run on sony vaio VPCEB12FD with core I3 and intel hd graphic.

I don't see nothing on vaio just a white screen but i can see desktop on my vaio with screen sharing , booting 32 or 64 bit have same result . It's same kexts come with update 10.6.4. Another cool thing too , i have 4 resolution 800x 600, 1024 x 768, 1240 x 1024 and 1680 x 1050.

gfxstatuscard detect NVIDIA and INTEL but i can't switch .

I think kexts are ok , but miss information about screen or screen not detect or maybe i see many errors in windowserver.log. So it's just my 2 cents !!!!!Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2010_09_15____16.56.44.png   2.22MB   463 downloads

If you want more informatiom just asking!!!!

stevmach

stevmach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Other things is if a remove appleintelhdgraphics.kext and appleintelhdgraphicsFB.kext i can reach desktop but only one resolution 1368x768.
But gfxstatuscard show me a 9600M GT, it's very weird!!!!

Another pic from my vaio system profiler as you can see the system detect a card, he don' know wich card is intel or nvidia it's weird too !!!!Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2010_09_15____18.15.37.png   1.49MB   209 downloads

I use chameleon v2 RC3 to boot and PCEFI 10.6 with graphicenabler=yes

If you need tester for new kext , i will happy to help if i can.

:(

surfstu

surfstu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Anyone know is someone is working on a solution for intel hd gpu?
stu

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
@stevmach

try to disconnect the powercord (ac adapter)
switching the graphics cards has something todo with the power

you can use the kernelflag "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32" to setup the resolution

for it is working @ 1600x900x32 ;)

greetings

AUSTRIA - high montains, no kangurus

stevmach

stevmach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@fmac

I try it but no success .

the only thing a see on my laptop screen is a grey or white screen

i put my ioreg -l with the kext loaded, if anyone want to see Attached File  IOregCOREi3.txt   215.62KB   87 downloads

If you have others idea to test with my stuff, your welcome.

laptop sony vaio VPCEB12FD search on the net to see the spec.

wii3212

wii3212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my nb VGA come with intel HD + ATI 4550 mobility, I can boot without ATI or INTEL HD kext loaded for 1024x768 without qe/ci, after patched the Chameleon RC4 bootloader, I can get 1366x768 without qe/ci and have the ATI 4550 HD recognized but cannot make it work yet. while update the osx from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and with last video upgrade from Apple, I got intel HD kext loaded, but it's a blank screen on lcd, but it run smooth on shared screen withOUT qe/ci ! and can change lcd resolution too. see the attached pics

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB is loaded, but AppleIntelHDGraphics did not !
I think there's somewhere we have to trigger for making the lcd up and running.

also, attached patched Chameleon RC4 with 915vga and ati4550, just unzip and replace the boot file at root /

update: attached rc5 with 915vga and ati4550 patch

Attached Files

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

my nb VGA come with intel HD + ATI 4550 mobility, I can boot without ATI or INTEL HD kext loaded for 1024x768 without qe/ci, after patched the Chameleon RC4 bootloader, I can get 1366x768 without qe/ci and have the ATI 4550 HD recognized but cannot make it work yet.

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :(

nexenta

nexenta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :P

Finally some important steeps ..
If this succeed I'll be the most happy man on earth!! :)

FredWst

FredWst

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

The kext was released by apple in 10.6.3 and i didnt see anyone working on it.. If anyone have get the gma to work in snow leopard please share here.. i think most of us will appreciate you..

Thanks.

here is the kext from original 10.6.4 Mac OSX..

http://www.mediafire...php?nt2iterfjaz

Edit :
Uploaded Original DSDT from MacbookPro 2010 model with gforce 330m / Intel HD graphics.
Thanks to one guy in x4500 thread for upload this..

Regards.

Hello,

It could be interresting to know if it was Nvidia or Intel witch was selected.
I think it was nvidia because of that :

GFX
in registry ndrv-dev = true

Could you post ioregistry dump with Intel HD selected ?

Fred

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
I was able to get the native resolutions (max 1600 x 900) while using screen sharing. No more screen artifacts anymore. Need to add some missing properties under AppleIntelFrameBuffer. Can that be done with Natit.kext and if yes how?

I get this in kernel.log:
Alkor: Starting.
Chosen model Not supported.
Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist
When I use Natit.kext (the attached one in one of the previous posts here).

Can someone please attach the source code of this Natit.kext> This way I can have a look at it, and hopefully find out what it is that I am missing. Thank you.

Update: Getting the following Info.plist only kext (called AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit.kext) to inject "AAA" with the text "test" is crucial for getting it to work. To inject the new properties, so please help me out:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>	<string>English</string>	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>	<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>	<string>6.0</string>	<key>CFBundleName</key>	<string>Intel HD Graphics Init</string>	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>	<string>KEXT</string>	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>	<string>????</string>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>	<string>1.0.0d1</string>	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>	<dict>		<key>AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</key>		<dict>			<key>AAA</key>			<string>test</string>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsInit</string>			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>			<string>0x03000000&amp;0xff000000</string>			<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>			<string>0x468086</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>		</dict>	</dict>	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>	<dict>		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>		<string>1.0.0b1</string>		<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>		<string>6.0</string>		<key>com.apple.kernel.libkern</key>		<string>6.0</string>	</dict>	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>	<string>Safe Boot</string></dict></plist>
What am I missing? Why isn't it working?

Update 2: The LCD screen is now on and I can see OS X for the very first time on this HP notebook. Which is sweet, but I still need to address some issues. Like the one above.

petopay

petopay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Update 2: The LCD screen is now on and I can see OS X for the very first time on this HP notebook. Which is sweet, but I still need to address some issues. Like the one above.

Are You Getting Notebook Screen to Work With Kexts Loaded?

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

Are You Getting Notebook Screen to Work With Kexts Loaded?

I can't confirm that. Not yet. I first have to reinstall OS X on another HDD because the one I was using (external USB) died on me. Will report back when I get there again.

Update: Hard drive replaced and OS X 10.6.4 retail installed. Having issues getting native resolution of 1600 x 900 back to work. It is recognized / shows up in the menu / Display preferences, but only worked once. Was gone after a reboot. Stupid 2.5" Samsung drives...

petopay

petopay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I can't confirm that. Not yet. I first have to reinstall OS X on another HDD because the one I was using (external USB) died on me. Will report back when I get there again.

I don't understand why this is so difficult. What is it about AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and framebuffer that our hackintoshes find difficult to get into use?

deathanarchist2

deathanarchist2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
quote: tonymacx86

Ya- finally a worth successor to my aging 1.5ghz PowerBook. Posted Image Posted Image

If indeed the rumored MacBook Air uses Intel mobile i3/i5s + Intel GMA HD graphics and no ATI/NVIDIA discreet card, it can only mean good things for desktop i3/i5s with no discreet card. Posted Image
we should have no trouble at all if this is true

petopay

petopay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

quote: tonymacx86
If indeed the rumored MacBook Air uses Intel mobile i3/i5s + Intel GMA HD graphics and no ATI/NVIDIA discreet card, it can only mean good things for desktop i3/i5s with no discreet card. Posted Image
we should have no trouble at all if this is true

For sure, but I wonder how long that's gonna take. Am so in need of QE right now.Posted Image

wii3212

wii3212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Interesting! Can you patched Chameleon 2 RC5 to enable native resolution? I was going to ask you how you patched Chameleon 2 RC4 to enable native resolution but if you can patch RC5 for me it would be great. :whistle:

just upload the chameleon rc5 patch, but rc5 have problem on my usb, rc4 is stable in my case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy