Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

hey george123,

i have had already upgrade to 10.6.4 successfully. But whenever i inject the natit.kext, i get kernel panic.. any solution? Thanks..

Dear sockerkid,

I am sorry to reply your mail late. Recent weeks I was very busy for works.

After read your post, I checked my x201i again. It seems that I lead you to wrong direction.

1. My system is 10.6.4 with 64 mode. 32 mode can't enter into the desktop.

2. Natit is not necessary. You can delete it.

3. You only need to add 00468086 in the info.plist of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

Summary: run 64 mode, only leave AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext in the /S/L/E. Even no AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

Try it.

My new find: AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext does not loaded. Even I delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, the desktop is four.

So now I try to find a way to load AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

If I have any news, I will tell you.

Dear sockerkid,

I am sorry to reply your mail late. Recent weeks I was very busy for works.

After read your post, I checked my x201i again. It seems that I lead you to wrong direction.

1. My system is 10.6.4 with 64 mode. 32 mode can't enter into the desktop.

2. Natit is not necessary. You can delete it.

3. You only need to add 00468086 in the info.plist of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

Summary: run 64 mode, only leave AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext in the /S/L/E. Even no AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

Try it.

My new find: AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext does not loaded. Even I delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, the desktop is four.

So now I try to find a way to load AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

If I have any news, I will tell you.

Dear George123,

hello there.. thanks for your reply here.. =).. i would go home and try later after i have finish my class and report back..

btw, do u make any changes to your dsdt.aml? can you make me a favour, can u still get 4 screen without the dsdt? thanks..

Edit : because i cant even get the desktop screen if i got appleintelHDgraphicsFB loaded.. if i remove the appleintelhdgraphicfb, i can get into the desktop..

PS: i didnt use an dsdt.. so i think your advantage is that u have ur dsdt patched to work.. btw, can u get the safari 5 to run? because without qe/cl, it wont run.. =)

Regards

Dear George123,

hello there.. thanks for your reply here.. =).. i would go home and try later after i have finish my class and report back..

btw, do u make any changes to your dsdt.aml? can you make me a favour, can u still get 4 screen without the dsdt? thanks..

Edit : because i cant even get the desktop screen if i got appleintelHDgraphicsFB loaded.. if i remove the appleintelhdgraphicfb, i can get into the desktop..

PS: i didnt use an dsdt.. so i think your advantage is that u have ur dsdt patched to work.. btw, can u get the safari 5 to run? because without qe/cl, it wont run.. =)

Regards

Dear sockerkid,

dsdt.aml is not important for the 4 screen. I tried to delete every thing (including dsdt.aml, boot.plist, Appleintelgraphiccontrol.kext). The 4 screens are the same and no any changes.

You must delete 00428086 in the appleintelHDgraphicsFB.kext. ONLY leave 00468086. I am sure you can get 4 screens. Both32 & 64 mode.

Experience: If I leave appleintelHDgraphics.kext in the /S/L/E/ only. I can get normal screen without E/CI. In the kextload list, I can see appleintelHDgraphics.kext are loaded.

If I put appleintelHDgraphicsFB.kext in /S/L/E/, I will get 4 screens. In the kextload list, I only can see appleintelHDgraphicsFB.kext are load. The appleintelHDgraphics.kext are not loaded.

If we can load both kexts, I am sure we will succeed.

I have not tried SAFARI 5. I will try it later.

Dear George123,

bro do you mind upload your AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext(the one you loaded and get 4 screen) again? i cant seems to get mine working.. whenever the kext is loaded, i cant get passed the verbose mode.. it just hang there.. thanks.. and i am having a revision 12 intel GMA5700, i am having core i-5 430m.. i also have the same device id ( 0046, 8086 ).. thanks.. i hope we can have the kext working =)..

Cheers guys, I am following this thread with interest. I have an asus laptop with nvidia optimus switching, I have been able to get both intelhd and nvidia to show in system profiler. However, there is no kext loaded for intel and the nvidia is unknown, it shows device ID but no vram. The intel shows 64mb vram and no kext.

stuart

Dear All,

I tried again. I found that I have to use macbookpro smbios 6.1. And delete 0x428086 in AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext.

Then I can get AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext loaded. But it is 4 screens.

smbios.plist.zip

If I do not use 6.1 smbios.plist or change it to 6.2, I will get

Super IO:Probing NSC

Super IO:Probing ITE

Super IO:Probing Flintek

Super IO:Probing SMSC

Super IO:Probing Winbond

Super IO:No supported Super I/O chip has been detected!

PTKawainVi:started

PTKawainVi:No nViddia graphics adapters found

Error:

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x33000): p=106[HardwareMonitor] clearing CS_VALID

Dear All,

I tried again. I found that I have to use macbookpro smbios 6.1. And delete 0x428086 in AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext.

Error:

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x33000): p=106[HardwareMonitor] clearing CS_VALID

So wait... does this mean that both appleintelHDgraphics.kext and appleintelHDgraphicsFB.kext are loaded? If they both are then thats good news right? Now the only problem here is that it keeps looking for the NVIDIA graphics adapter. I'm pretty sure there has to be a string so that it disables it. The problem is that maybe another file is causing it to look for the NVIDIA graphics adapter and it may be hard to narrow it down.

However keep up the good work George123 ;) . If you actually get the Intel GMA HD graphics to work (like having a different screen resolution instead of 1024x768) with or without QE... the community would gladly appreciate it. From the looks of it, it seems that your the only person who has done any progress into making the Intel GMA HD to work.

But please take your time... no need to rush :P .

Dear All,

smbios.plist.zip

Error:

Dear George123,

i have follow your instruction to get the driver working..

when i place the AppleIntelHdGraphics.kext into s/l/e, it doesnt load even i have deleted the 0042 and have my kext id correct.

then i place AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext into s/l/e, same i cant get them to load i still can get into desktop with 1024 resolutiion..

then i place AppleIntelHdGraphicsGA.plugin into s/l/e, i get kernel panic..

after that i delete AppleIntelHdGraphicsGA.plugin, i can get desktop again..

then i try with AppleIntelHdgraphicsVA.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGL.bundle, again i get kernel panic..

Do you mind explain further which kext needed in order to get 4 screen?

Thanks,Appreciate that..

Regards..

Dear George123,

i have follow your instruction to get the driver working..

when i place the AppleIntelHdGraphics.kext into s/l/e, it doesnt load even i have deleted the 0042 and have my kext id correct.

then i place AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext into s/l/e, same i cant get them to load i still can get into desktop with 1024 resolutiion..

then i place AppleIntelHdGraphicsGA.plugin into s/l/e, i get kernel panic..

after that i delete AppleIntelHdGraphicsGA.plugin, i can get desktop again..

then i try with AppleIntelHdgraphicsVA.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGL.bundle, again i get kernel panic..

Do you mind explain further which kext needed in order to get 4 screen?

Thanks,Appreciate that..

Regards..

Dear sockerkid,

In my opinion, only AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext + smbios.plist (macbookpro6.1).

If I change 6.1 to 6.2 or what ever, I can't enter the desktop.

I looked inside of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, only macbookpro6.1 and macbookpro6.2 has 00468086.

I think smbios.plist is very important. Could you put my smbios.plist inside of 'Extra' and try again.

Dear All,

After many times trying. I know why the AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext does not loaded. The problem is SMBIOS.plist.

If I set it to MacbookPro6,1 (here 6,1 is not 6.1), I can get 4 screens.

If I set it to others, I can't enter into the desktop.

I guess that Macbook6,1 is Nvidia +Intel 5700.

If we can find correct smbios.plist (macbook or macbook air with 5700 only), we can get correct resolution.

Please comments.

I give up! After 3 weeks of having my soul sucked by this problem i must hand it over to someone who ACTUALLY knows what they are doing.

Knowing that it SHOULD work has kept me on the challenge of trying all manners of combos, at one point i got 1 screen not 4, the sreen was a mess though, i actually have a 310m too but it is optimus switching and this seems to have its own problems, asus have kindly given bios option to disable nvidia but not the dammed intel gpu.

stuart

however, i will continue to test with nvidia switched off, lets hope someone gets qe/ci working on intelhd gma

I give up! After 3 weeks of having my soul sucked by this problem i must hand it over to someone who ACTUALLY knows what they are doing.

Knowing that it SHOULD work has kept me on the challenge of trying all manners of combos, at one point i got 1 screen not 4, the sreen was a mess though, i actually have a 310m too but it is optimus switching and this seems to have its own problems, asus have kindly given bios option to disable nvidia but not the dammed intel gpu.

stuart

however, i will continue to test with nvidia switched off, lets hope someone gets qe/ci working on intelhd gma

Dear surfstu,

can u get the 4 screen to show up like george123 one?

Edit :

Dear George123,

bro.. i get black screen with AppleIntelHDGraphicFB.kext in the S/L/E..

but i think i have the desktop because i can hear the volume up and volume down sound when i press the shortcut.. But i have black screen.. Maybe i am having 1366 x 768 resolution? because my LCD support the resolution natively.. Maybe i will try change the resolution to see whether it works or not..

thanks..

i have not had 4 screens show up - just one messy screen and a few black screens where i was certain the desktop was loaded

i have now written to asus to ask if a bios update is due to allow me to disable the intel hd graphics!!!

We really need someone with mucho knowledge to be working on this to modify some of the appleintelhdgraphics kexts to stop them searching for nvidia and stay permantly in a state of intel gpu.

But i believe now that this may be impossible, because whilst apple were considering nvidia's optimus switching, they ended up using their own system for switching, and i have heard rumours that this may be done in hardware and not software, in which case we're going to see alot of doomed laptop owners as far as osx86 is concerned

stuart

Dear All,

I am going to stop for a while. I tried so many times. It seems that appleintelhdgraphicsFB.kext is a big problem. I will wait for 10.6.5 update. Because some body said that even real macbookpro has problem with the video card. I think Apple company will correct it in the next version.

stuart,

No matter it is one screen or 4 screen. Could you try to use SYSTEM PROFILER to check the kext load?

And a very useful link is http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208410

READ THIS:

6. Reboot, wait a while, or do whatever it takes to boot so the display is NOT right (stretched, wrong resolution, whatever). If your 'bad' display is so bad you cannot use it, first go to System Preferences -> Sharing, checkmark Screen Sharing, and enable a password under Computer Settings. Note the vnc:// address. Using a second computer, connect to the vnc:// address and continue the instructions remotely. If you're using Windows, use TightVNC.

I have not tried it. Because I can control my desktop in the mass screen. Hope you can find what it is loaded.

George123

Just to let you guys know (if you didn't know), Tonymacx86 (creator of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) has gotten himself a motherboard with Intel Core i3 and with Intel GMA HD Graphics. He says he'll be doing various tests in order to at least fix the screen resolution. I don't think QE is important at the moment.

I think he might be able to enable Intel GMA HD afterall since he does have experience in modifying kexts and getting other things to work. Give him the best of luck!

If you have any suggestions, you should tell him at the Tonymacx86 forum. The more help, the better the chance of getting Intel GMA HD to work, and more people to finally be able to Hackintosh their PC and dump Windows:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...48&start=60

My Laptop is X201i with 5700MHD. I tried to make the QE/CI works. However, I tried a lot of method and failed in the end.

I can't understand why new macbook pro use the same graphics chips and my laptop can't use the driver.

I guess that the DSDT must be modified to make it similar to macbook pro.

Anybody knows how to make the QE/CI working on the machine?

5555, I'm waitting, too....

Just to let you guys know, TonyMacx86 (creator of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) has managed to get both AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to load on his computer which is great news by the way. The problem is that his computer monitor won't display anything, however he can use it by screensharing. Also the custom screen resolution works too but again by screensharing.

Basically, the Intel HD Graphics are working, but not on the main computer monitor. Whether QE/CI works is still unknown but at least custom resolution works.

Maybe we will be able to make the Intel HD Graphics finally work on our hackintoshes sooner than we think! :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...0f&start=80

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, someone want to see that, SL 10.6.4 run on sony vaio VPCEB12FD with core I3 and intel hd graphic.

I don't see nothing on vaio just a white screen but i can see desktop on my vaio with screen sharing , booting 32 or 64 bit have same result . It's same kexts come with update 10.6.4. Another cool thing too , i have 4 resolution 800x 600, 1024 x 768, 1240 x 1024 and 1680 x 1050.

gfxstatuscard detect NVIDIA and INTEL but i can't switch .

I think kexts are ok , but miss information about screen or screen not detect or maybe i see many errors in windowserver.log. So it's just my 2 cents !!!!!post-399331-1284586614_thumb.png

If you want more informatiom just asking!!!!

Other things is if a remove appleintelhdgraphics.kext and appleintelhdgraphicsFB.kext i can reach desktop but only one resolution 1368x768.

But gfxstatuscard show me a 9600M GT, it's very weird!!!!

Another pic from my vaio system profiler as you can see the system detect a card, he don' know wich card is intel or nvidia it's weird too !!!!post-399331-1284589142_thumb.png

I use chameleon v2 RC3 to boot and PCEFI 10.6 with graphicenabler=yes

If you need tester for new kext , i will happy to help if i can.

:(

@stevmach

try to disconnect the powercord (ac adapter)

switching the graphics cards has something todo with the power

you can use the kernelflag "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32" to setup the resolution

for it is working @ 1600x900x32 ;)

greetings

AUSTRIA - high montains, no kangurus

@fmac

I try it but no success .

the only thing a see on my laptop screen is a grey or white screen

i put my ioreg -l with the kext loaded, if anyone want to see IOregCOREi3.txt

If you have others idea to test with my stuff, your welcome.

laptop sony vaio VPCEB12FD search on the net to see the spec.

• 2 weeks later...

my nb VGA come with intel HD + ATI 4550 mobility, I can boot without ATI or INTEL HD kext loaded for 1024x768 without qe/ci, after patched the Chameleon RC4 bootloader, I can get 1366x768 without qe/ci and have the ATI 4550 HD recognized but cannot make it work yet. while update the osx from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and with last video upgrade from Apple, I got intel HD kext loaded, but it's a blank screen on lcd, but it run smooth on shared screen withOUT qe/ci ! and can change lcd resolution too. see the attached pics

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB is loaded, but AppleIntelHDGraphics did not !

I think there's somewhere we have to trigger for making the lcd up and running.

also, attached patched Chameleon RC4 with 915vga and ati4550, just unzip and replace the boot file at root /

update: attached rc5 with 915vga and ati4550 patch

post-659546-1285736059_thumb.png

post-659546-1285736069_thumb.png

post-659546-1285737280_thumb.png

myboot.zip

myboot_rc5.zip