Tuto Snow Leopard Retail / Lion sur P5Q SE 2 [Updated rev 1.06]

Gotier

68 posts in this topic

Salut Starbuxx, it's the fench section please write en french ;)

Sleep isnt working

Pour la veille, as-tu désactivé le controller PATA dans le BIOS, mis en mode S3, mis le bon fichier DSDT, mis les jumpers de la mobo correctement ?

and I think Speedstep will not work also(Is there a way to test it?)

Boot en 32bits (arch=i386) et télécharge MSR Tools.app, tu sauras si le SpeedStep fonctionne :P

I used the DSDT.aml file from the zip file. The second one works, the third and fourth aml file cause kernel panics.

Mon pack a été mis à jour en 1.05, le superflus a été enlevé ! Utilise le nouveau pack le dsdt.aml est de meilleur qualité :P

I also notice some "slowdowns" in my system and safari is crashing very often, so that my complete system has to get a shutdown( IT doesnt freeze)

Ce qui est bizarre c'est personne n'a eu ce type de problème, le bios est il correctement réglé, un périphérique peut en être la cause, ...... pour anecdote ma clé Wifi qui fonctionnait en 32bits uniquement ne posé pas de soucis mais quand je démarrais en 64bits, le système mettait plus de 3/4 minutes pour s'éteindre !!!!

Are that Problems I can solve?

Thanks,

Starbuxx

I am very sorry, I am not able to speak one word French. This is very sad, because its the only tutorial for my P5Q SE 2. I hope it is possible to do speak just one time in english.

I am a step further: I installed 10.6.5 and used the second dsdt.aml file from the rev 1.04 pack. Using any other dsdt.aml file, for example the third or the fourth from that rev 1.04 pack I get a Kernel Panic and it says something like AppleACPIPort (I dont know exactly). The same with the dsdt.aml .So the great thing is everything works, Sound, Restart, Ethernet with that dsdt.aml file. The only thing was speedstep and sleep. I found out sleep isnt working on my Windows also -?-. I will try out the Method you discribed(I used google Translater :-). But the thing is, there was nothing discribed about the second dsdt.aml file(Is speedstep working? Is Sleep enabled? There was no discribtion, so is it at all possible that it works).

I have to say sleep is not important to me, perhaps sleepenabler.kext is working. I have overclocked my CPU a lot, Speedstep is nessesary. I didnt and i didnt want to patch my Bios....

Strange Is: After I reinstalled my System, Snow Leopard wasnt able to detect my SATA drives. With the same configuration and my old installation it worked, but it is also unimportant.

I have:

P5Q SE2

1 SATA Drive (Windows)

1 USB Drive (Snow LEopard)

A Geforce GTX 460(Working with 10.6.5)

Sound: Xfi Titanium (Voodoo HDA)

I hope you understand me and sorry for not speaking French :-(

Oh and thank you!

Bonjour, j'ai presque la même configuration de votre PC, j'ai installé Snow Leopard, l'utilisation de votre forfait rev. 1,06, tout fonctionne sauf ma carte son, j'ai fait plusieurs essais en installant kexts différents mais je n'ai pas résolu. J'essaie simplement de VoodooHDA mais je l'installe se passe dans la panique du noyau. Pouvez-vous me donner un coup de main?

Désolé pour mon traducteur de Google en français, mais j'ai utilisé.

Merci beaucoup

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this awesome guide and the effort you put in this. I followed it and finally I got my Hackintosh running!

But my soundcard doesn't work right I think. All I got is 2-channel sound.

My question is: which is the correct kext for 10.6.7 / 64bit? I searched this forum and tried much voodooHDAs but none of them gave me 5.1 sound.

Sorry for posting this in english, mais mon français n'est pas si bien ce que tout le monde peut comprendre qu'est-ce que je veux dire :-)

Merci beaucoup!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Merci Beacoup. Thats as far as my French goes, but thanks for the guide. My stock dell mobo broke so had a look for something which works and found this guide. Picked one up for 32 pounds including postage which I think is a bargain. Hoping to do a bit of overclocking and look forward to using your guide. Will probably trasnpose it into English too seeing as most of the users seem to be English too!

Thanks again,

Rory

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tuto pour Mac OS X Lion Soon !!!!

Sleep not working here in Lion! Did you do something special for it to work? Sorry I should clarify more, sleep works manually not via energy saver settings. :)

It worked fine on 10.6.8

Thanks,

snakeman

Sleep not working here in Lion! Did you do something special for it to work? Sorry I should clarify more, sleep works manually not via energy saver settings. :P

It worked fine on 10.6.8

Thanks,

snakeman

New twist, if I overclock my CPU the cmos resets back to 200mhz from 400mhz overclocking a Q8400 from 2.66 to 3.2 by raising the FSB to 400 never saw this in Snow! :)

snakeman

I am not still to find solution for the sleep my sleep doesn't work manually or with energy saver ....…. :o on the other hand I do not have any concern with my overlock of my CPU!!! :(

• 1 month later...
Tuto dispo :

http://kerneldesign.net/2011/07/29/install...e-store-sur-pc/

Une personne m'a devancer, pour la P5Q SE2 j'affinerais car à deux trois détails près c'est ça (non fonctionnel après installation : - Ethernet (prévoir ce pkg : https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2RpaAfDQsme...L858N&hl=en pour le primordial

Sorry for the English, but was wondering if you were meant to use the old DSDT from pack v1.06 as none is included in the download. And if sleep worked at all? That's the only thing missing from my Lion ATM.

Thanks,

Rory

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not getting this. I lose it point 6.

I downloaded pack 1.06 (the latest one). When I install Chameleon, the only visible difference is adding the "boot" file to the root. There is no Extra folder created. Also, there is no extensions.mkext in the pack that I'm apparently meant to copy to the non-existent Extra folder!?!?

Also, I do not understand French and used Google Translate, and it seems badly translated with some non-sensical sentences etc?!