• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SenVa

SenVa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:OSx86.....that was a hard one.....
I am planing on buying a mac mini rather soon... and I found this artical of someone upgrading their mini mac with a Merom core (i didn't know they where out... he must be magical or something.)...

I guess my question is would it be safe to upgrade a cheap single core mini mac to a duel core Merom when they come out? Or should I spend a few extra bucks for a duel core cpu that I wont use?

Secondly, I am planing on buying ram to put in my mini... is the ram apple sells way better? or just extreamly overpriced? Should I just buy some cheap ram from newegg?

Sorry if I'm repeating some questions... I'm a horrible searcher... when it comes to fourms.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
As long as the CPU is socketed, you should be ok with an upgrade. I'm not totally familiar with the mini, so I don't know any specifics. The motherboard will slow things down a bit, since it won't have as big a pipe as the newer merom-ready ones.

As for RAM, go elsewhere. There should be a few threads in this forum that will help you look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy