Anyone try the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 board?

digitz

120 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Man, I got SATA and SATAII working on my 939-Dual. All you have to do is copy the AppleVIAATA.kext from 10.4.4. Add your DevIDs to the PCI match section of Generic SATA in AppleAHCIPort.kext/contents/info.plist as well as AppleVIAATA.kext/contents/info.plist.

The device ids that you need are:

SATA: 0x528910B9

SATAII: 0x2360197B

I haven't got sound, nic, or second IDE channel to work yet, but I'm not too worried as I have other means for those.

Good luck.

PS.

PM me if you need me to just send you my kext files.

yes pls... send me on mail ***********

THANK U WORK FINE !!!!!!!! :2cents: I LOVE U

and now... i'm waiting for AUDIO and NETWORK available ! :dev:

PS: sameone can tell me why my AMD 3200+ 64bit Venice with 10.4.3 Jav have SSE3 and with 10.4.5 by Myz i have only SSE and SSE2 ????

Hey Man, I got SATA and SATAII working on my 939-Dual. All you have to do is copy the AppleVIAATA.kext from 10.4.4. Add your DevIDs to the PCI match section of Generic SATA in AppleAHCIPort.kext/contents/info.plist as well as AppleVIAATA.kext/contents/info.plist.

The device ids that you need are:

SATA: 0x528910B9

SATAII: 0x2360197B

I haven't got sound, nic, or second IDE channel to work yet, but I'm not too worried as I have other means for those.

Good luck.

PS.

PM me if you need me to just send you my kext files.

Awsome, it worked. Thanks.

yes pls... send me on mail ***********

THANK U WORK FINE !!!!!!!! :) I LOVE U

and now... i'm waiting for AUDIO and NETWORK available ! :D

PS: sameone can tell me why my AMD 3200+ 64bit Venice with 10.4.3 Jav have SSE3 and with 10.4.5 by Myz i have only SSE and SSE2 ????

The reason you only have SSE and SSE2 is because you have a patched mach_kernel. You can either run the patch again and remove it, or you can replace it with the mach_kernel.amd from Maxxuss's patch folder. I have the exact same processor as you.

Glad the SATA worked for you.

It is a hidden file, though you need to use a mach_kernel file from 10.4.4, not 10.4.3. You should have a Maxxuss patch folder or something on your Myzar disk, otherwise you need to just download the patch from Maxxuss's website, which I can't tell you how to find. Then you can use the ppf patcher to patch a new one from scratch.

Once you have your new patched kernel file, rename it mach_kernel.amd or something you can remember, copy it to / and run this command:

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel.old

cp -R mach_kernel.amd mach_kernel

After you do this, it should work.

what I meant was, you need to start with the mach_kernal.all_amd and remove the sse2 patch from it. Use PPf Patcher that comes with the Maxxuss patch. Use it to unpatch the SSE2 emulator, then replace the kernel file.

Sorry for the confusion. That should get it to work.

Anyone tried an ATi x1600 card in this proprietary AGiX (pcie 4x) slot ?

Which motherboard are you referring to? If you mean the one that this topic is about, than you are mistaken. The 939Dual-SATA2 has a completely AGP 8x interface, not some bridged PCI slots. If you are talking about another board, then I believe you are in the wrong topic.

Which motherboard are you referring to? If you mean the one that this topic is about, than you are mistaken. The 939Dual-SATA2 has a completely AGP 8x interface, not some bridged PCI slots. If you are talking about another board, then I believe you are in the wrong topic.

no no this one has AGP and PCIe natively.

but no OSX pro get the ethernet working ?

no no this one has AGP and PCIe natively.

but no OSX pro get the ethernet working ?

I know that, I have the board. I was talking to the post about someone trying a X1600 on AGIX or whatever. I know that it has AGP and PCIe as I have a Radeon X850XT PCIe and a Radeon 9700 Pro AGP in it at the same time.

As for networking, still no luck with the onboard one, I use a separate PCI card.

Hi Black,

i'm searching for help with my ATI x600XT PCIe... if i'm going to System Profile.... i see it but i have only

Tipo: Controller compatibile con VGA

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x5b60

ID revisione: 0x0000

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Supportato

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Supportato

i want to work in 1280x1024 with 32 bit... someone can help me?

I know that, I have the board. I was talking to the post about someone trying a X1600 on AGIX or whatever. I know that it has AGP and PCIe as I have a Radeon X850XT PCIe and a Radeon 9700 Pro AGP in it at the same time.

ok sorry i dunno whats AGIX so...lol

ok i'll wait for the ethernet cause i don't wanna buy another pci card...hope that someone test and try to have it working...

Hi Black,

i'm searching for help with my ATI x600XT PCIe... if i'm going to System Profile.... i see it but i have only

i want to work in 1280x1024 with 32 bit... someone can help me?

Since there are still people working on getting the 2d part of ATI devices to work with all options (resolution, refresh, etc) the only way we can change is is manually. You need to go to terminal and type "sudo nano /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.Apple.boot.plist" then you need to add these two lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

after the other options. You'll see other entries in there that look similar. Here is where you can also set some other boot options like a countdown timer to let you choose what OS or what boot options you want. These can all be found in the wiki under technical FAQ's.

Later.

ok sorry i dunno whats AGIX so...lol

ok i'll wait for the ethernet cause i don't wanna buy another pci card...hope that someone test and try to have it working...

AGiX is what some other board manufacturers are using to help people switch from AGP to PCIe. Since PCI runs at 33MHz and AGP works at 66MHz, they sort of bridge two PCI ports together to make a pseudo AGP port. Since it does not meet full AGP spec, they call it AGiX. This it totally different than what we have on our board. Our board actually has a full AGP controller in the South Bridge much like a regular AGP board might have except that it would probably be in the north bridge typically (I think, open for correction). Basically, our board is the only one on the market that has this feature and the fact that we can use both at the same time is awesome.

Later.

AGiX is what some other board manufacturers are using to help people switch from AGP to PCIe. Since PCI runs at 33MHz and AGP works at 66MHz, they sort of bridge two PCI ports together to make a pseudo AGP port. Since it does not meet full AGP spec, they call it AGiX. This it totally different than what we have on our board. Our board actually has a full AGP controller in the South Bridge much like a regular AGP board might have except that it would probably be in the north bridge typically (I think, open for correction). Basically, our board is the only one on the market that has this feature and the fact that we can use both at the same time is awesome.

Later.

thanx for all these informations and i totally agree about the fact that its awesome to have pcie and agp at the same time BUT i would like so much have my network works fine under osx... :hysterical:

thanx for all these informations and i totally agree about the fact that its awesome to have pcie and agp at the same time BUT i would like so much have my network works fine under osx... :hysterical:

I agree on the network. The funny thing is that the onboard network card on this thing works in Windows x64, but not in OSX and the PCI card I'm using works in OSX, but not in x64. That means I have to have two cables going from my switch to my computer or physically switch the cable everytime I change between OS's. It sux.

I'll just keep hoping, or purchase a PCI card that works in both, maybe a gigabit card since we don't have that anyways.