iLenovo G550

178 posts in this topic

First LAN will not work on MAC OSX it has been tried with several kext files it detects the Lan Card but doesn't work even i had a try at doing the driver and failed.

If you using Voodoo Battery make sure your upto date with Version 1.3.3.

Without knowing which version of the Webcam you have i can't help with that but there is a Islight kext file on this site that might help.

Other then that well done on getting yours to work. do know that the X4500 will no support QE/CI and native res is a hack job to do.

First LAN will not work on MAC OSX it has been tried with several kext files it detects the Lan Card but doesn't work even i had a try at doing the driver and failed.

sad (

If you using Voodoo Battery make sure your upto date with Version 1.3.3.

Please give a link where I can download this. I've try to search it on kexts.com but I can find just http://www.kexts.com/view/192-voodoo_battery.html

Without knowing which version of the Webcam you have i can't help with that but there is a Islight kext file on this site that might help.

It's Lenovo EasyCamera. In Skype preference I can see Lenovo EasyCamera but if I calling then I can see just black sreen instead of some image.

Other then that well done on getting yours to work. do know that the X4500 will no support QE/CI and native res is a hack job to do.

Yes I know. I'm using Chamelon 2.0 RC4 with patch and now I have 1366x768.

Maybe my web cam doesn't work because of my video card? But video working (I can watch movies)

the files in extras are wrong, your not ment to nick the files from the preboot.img! The files you need are in the Extra/ folder copy containts of that to your Extra folder in your SL install and remove the preboot.img file after.

The DSDT are in the folder DSDT on the CD pick the one you need and place that to the /Extras folder.

So remove the .kext files you have ATM in the extras folder and do the above.

Now in the Ultilites folder should be k7Helper use that and install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext via K7Helper then do a Disk Ultility Repair Permissions and it should work. I am working on a updated DSDT that should work on all Lenovo G550's thats the 105M 210M and X4500 versions so please bare with me.

Stuff in S/L/E is correct apart from your missing voodoops2controller.kext LOL

Thanks for the tipps but I don't quite understand why I should put all the kexts in if it works with only the above mentioned. I also removed most of the stuff in the com.apple.Boot.plist (the USBBusFix and so on) and it works great.

My only problem ist the CMOS reset which occurs almost every time also when shutting down correctly. So it would be cool if you could send me the the newest DSDT for the 210M if you have it, otherwise I will wait :)

Did you check if speed stepping works on your machine with VoodooMonitor?

I just found out that there is a new version ov VoodoPS2Controller: here

It works perfectly on my G550 with tapping, scrolling and everything! I installed the VoodooPS2 prefpane and the modified Trackpad prefpane that is linked later in the topic. Still have to experiment a bit with the settings as I'm not sure where to set speed and other stuff as there are 2 panes now...

Thanks for the tipps but I don't quite understand why I should put all the kexts in if it works with only the above mentioned. I also removed most of the stuff in the com.apple.Boot.plist (the USBBusFix and so on) and it works great.

My only problem ist the CMOS reset which occurs almost every time also when shutting down correctly. So it would be cool if you could send me the the newest DSDT for the 210M if you have it, otherwise I will wait :rolleyes:

Did you check if speed stepping works on your machine with VoodooMonitor?

For now use Charmeleon RC5 it has a restart fix in that, the DSDT was done by some one on insanely mac with Auto Patcher how ever i am still checking the rest of the versions of the Lenovo G550 to make sure its compatitable.

Haven't checked speedstep just yet trying to make things perfect first.

Hey! Hacktrix2006

it's nice to see that this topic is active...

i just downloaded your DSDT from website ... i discovered that when you close Display *LID* and lenovo is conected on power source - you can not go to sleep =(

so here is the fix change your Device (LID0) section with code:

Device (LID0)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
           Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               If (LPOL) {}
               Else
               {
                   Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
               }

Return (LPOL)
           }

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
           {
               0x1B, 
               0x03
           })

tested and working now :)

happy NY!

Could you higlight what was changed!

evice (LID0)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
           Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               [b]If (LPOL) {}
               Else
               {
                   Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
               }[/b]

Return (LPOL)
           }

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
           {
               0x1B, 
               0x03
           })

see the bold part...

With the help of the community i think we can now say we have a 95% working Mac OSX Lenovo G550 the Boot CD is now in the works some final testing of everything to do and a Installer with the files i have put together and we are on our way.

Problem is i need Package Maker used to have it but since lost it and its now download able anymore unless your a Dev.

Idea is to make a Install that will install everything for you and repair Permissions and install the bootloader.

If anyone could help me on that i'd be gratefull. I shell be working on a Theme for the Boot CD with Credit marked on it to thoughs that have help'd only fair.

I have manage to get the DSDT with help of everyone and a few tweaks later to just now be one File for all versions of the Lenovo G550. Hopefully Everyone will be happy and will enjoy what has been put together to make it easy for them to install Mac OSX!

Noticed just after you posted it with the bold., Oh well i have inserted that and it works nicely.

Just looking now for the App that i used to make the Boot CD and a copy of Package Maker for Mac OSX.

So thanks nomaj.

no prob...

i also notice that kext in extra for camera is not needed on 210 model...

also function key and cursors up and down dont work for brightnes...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

Noticed just after you posted it with the bold., Oh well i have inserted that and it works nicely.

Just looking now for the App that i used to make the Boot CD and a copy of Package Maker for Mac OSX.

So thanks nomaj.

no prob...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

no prob...

no prob...

The whole thing is for all versions hence the different kexts, Brightness will work if you sleep Mac OSX and wake it up not sure why it requires that before it works. Might be a DSDT issue or some kind of IRQ issue not sure.

I have found a copy of the Packagemaker i had so i will get to work on Building the installer and Boot CD.

hi hacktrick,

after upgrade to 10.6.5, i've found error when i want to change the network preferences, it won't load, even if itried to replaced with older network preference pane, also, my touchpad preferences were something like broken :( but the touchpad still works normally even if i using 2 fingers scroll.

may i loose hope?

anyone has made successfull update to 10.6.6?

I tried out the BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIInjector kext from here because with the BroadcomAppleBluetooth I wasn't able to turn Bluetooth off to save power.

With the injector kext it works together with the original IOBluetoothFamily kext. Only strange problem is that it creates a bunch of Bluetooth connections which you can see in the System Preferences by itself... It works when waking up from sleep most of the times, if not I just let it sleep again and after that it usually works again.

I tried InsomniaX and Caffeine because I also want to use the G550 at home with only an external monitor, keyboard, mouse and lid closed. I wasn't successful yet, it always wants to sleep when closing the lid :D

I have a question!My lenovo g550 have wireless intel 5100 agn and lan broadcom.is there any option to run one of them?

Not one of them will work for Mac OSX. There is no driver for both of them. the easy fix is to flash the bios from the one i have supplied the link to make sure you use the right version and then buy of e-bay a Apple Broadcom Wifi card weather it be a G or N version and insert that to the laptop.

Any Broadcom 4311 Wifi card or above will work.

Not one of them will work for Mac OSX. There is no driver for both of them. the easy fix is to flash the bios from the one i have supplied the link to make sure you use the right version and then buy of e-bay a Apple Broadcom Wifi card weather it be a G or N version and insert that to the laptop.

Any Broadcom 4311 Wifi card or above will work.

I understand for wifi!I'm interested that I can do for lan.I updated my bios with version from this page (http://ilenovo-g550.ultrahostinguk.co.uk/)...I hope that we speak about same think.For the moment i use an adapter lan-usb but is very unaesthetic.would be great that I can use my network card.I mention that my model is lenovo g550 type 20023.

hi nomaj,

can you make dsdt from hacktrick 105M dsdt(i was used it) to make the T6500 run native speed step? i think it was necessary for the next release of bootCD please..

regards

no prob...

no prob...

hi nomaj,

can you make dsdt from hacktrick 105M dsdt(i was used it) to make the T6500 run native speed step? i think it was necessary for the next release of bootCD please..

regards

@puspem

Dude no need for a special DSDT for the 105M for native speed step of your CPU.

I had the T6600 which was working on native speedstep without the DSDT Tweaks i used Charm's bootloader with P and C states generated by that.

I am working with another Member of Insanely Mac to sort out the all in one installer for Mac 10.6.3 and above so please bare with me.

Then it will just be one file for the whole Lenovo G550 series in just one boot CD with everything that is needed done for you!

Works great, not perfect but great ! Thanx alot !

Trackpadkext (voodooPS2controller) wasn't working for me, used different one from this forum.

Just updated to 10.6.6

Had to rerun the script for the broadcom wifi to work.

The only 'problems' I still have are :

1. boot with -f kernel flag, if I don't, I get kernel panic after whole list of NVEnabler messages

2. can't reboot (shutdown is working though)

I use the DSDT.aml from your website.

All by all a big respect for your efforts :P

@puspem

Dude no need for a special DSDT for the 105M for native speed step of your CPU.

I had the T6600 which was working on native speedstep without the DSDT Tweaks i used Charm's bootloader with P and C states generated by that.

I am working with another Member of Insanely Mac to sort out the all in one installer for Mac 10.6.3 and above so please bare with me.

Then it will just be one file for the whole Lenovo G550 series in just one boot CD with everything that is needed done for you!

Can you please measure your CPU temperatures after 10-15 min.... you can do that with MSR tools....

I was wondering what is better method i have p-states and c-states in my DSDT...

tnx!

umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :unsure: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! :( )

it is needed do something for cpu clock in smbios? i change the value based on my cpu speed?

Can you please measure your CPU temperatures after 10-15 min.... you can do that with MSR tools....

I was wondering what is better method i have p-states and c-states in my DSDT...

tnx!

umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :unsure: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! :( )

it is needed do something for cpu clock in smbios? i change the value based on my cpu speed?

I didn't have that issue when i had the T6600 but now i have a P8600 and i get 30 <- on idle 40 -> 50 Max on full load and that CPU is much faster speed wise. My fan only comes on when it needs too and thats using CH 5 bootloader and nothing else.