AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

• Please log in to reply
1537 replies to this topic

rawmassen

rawmassen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 92 posts
Still getting black screen and 100% GPU fan with this.

If I use GraphicsEnabler=no, I can load the kernel and whatnot, but it hangs when the desktop should kick in.

Chameleon r700 with ATI Experimental
AnVAL 5.1.4 boot file
10.6.6 (64bit)
Legacy kernel

XFX 5870
P8P67

So close!

downlord

downlord

InsanelyMac Greek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Ok, let's go with my last attempt on an Lenovo T60p laptop, Core 2 Duo T7400, 2.16 GHz 3GB Ram, ATI FireGL v5250 (really PITA),
all @ stock speeds.

AnVAL 5.1.4
Here last bdmesg:

Last login: Wed Feb  2 15:42:11 on console
					 /Users/momo/Downloads/AnVAL5.1.4/bdmesg; exit;
					 nero:~ momo$ /Users/momo/Downloads/AnVAL5.1.4/bdmesg; exit;
					 Config: [hd(0,2)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 6689 bytes.
					 CPU: Mobile Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU		 T7400  @ 2.16GHz
					 max: 13 current: 6
					 CPU: Tjmax ~ 104°C				Temperature= ~ 74°C
					 CPU: Attempting to enable IDA	  Failed!
					 CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily:	  0x756e6547/0x6/0x0
					 CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping:	  0xf/0x0/0x6
					 CPU: Multipliers x10:			  max=130, min=60
					 CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:			   0x0/0x0
					 CPU: TSCFreq:					  2161MHz
					 CPU: CPUFreq:					  2161MHz
					 CPU: FSBFreq:					  166MHz
					 CPU: Enhanced SpeedStep:		   1
					 CPU: NoCores/NoThreads:			4/2
					 CPU: Features:					 0x26d003a3
					 Theme: [hd(0,2)]/Extra/Themes/Default
					 Theme: [hd(0,2)]/Extra/Themes/Default
					 Found mode 1400x1050 in VESA Table
					 Config: [hd(1,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 290 bytes.
					 Setting boot-uuid to: 43E38D13-1864-32B5-9294-F1B69751F1BD
					 Hibernate image is too old by 2488 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override
					 Loading Darwin 10.6
					 Loading kernel mach_kernel
					 ACPI: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 47561 bytes.
					 Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
					 Scanning smbus_dev <8086, 27da> ...
					 Slot: 4 Type 2 0MB (RAM) 800MHz Vendor=NoName
						   PartNo=SER SerialNo=
					 Slot: 5 Type 2 0MB (RAM) 800MHz Vendor=NoName
						   PartNo=USR SerialNo=
					 Slot: 6 Type 2 0MB (RAM) 800MHz Vendor=NoName
						   PartNo=CONu SerialNo=
					 Patched DMI Table
					 Found SMBIOS System Information Table 1
					 Customizing SystemID with : f668ae01-495e-11cb-b6f7-f39b10b60179
					 efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
					 ACPI: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 47561 bytes.
					 FADT: Restart Fix applied !
					 Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
					 Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
					 C-State: Adding 3 states: C1 C3 C6 @ 200a000
					 Voltage: min= 1004mV, max= 1308mV
					 Model detected: MacBookPro2,3
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 2158 MHz	FID 0xd	 VID 0x26]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1992 MHz	FID 0xc	 VID 0x24]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1826 MHz	FID 0xb	 VID 0x22]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1660 MHz	FID 0xa	 VID 0x1f]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1494 MHz	FID 0x9	 VID 0x1d]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1328 MHz	FID 0x8	 VID 0x1a]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 1162 MHz	FID 0x7	 VID 0x18]
					 P-State: Added [Frequency 996 MHz	FID 0x6	 VID 0x15]
					 P-States: 8 states were succefully generated @ 200b000
					 FADT: Restart Fix applied !
					 Patched ACPI version 2 DSDT
					 Starting Darwin x86

logout

So far it's working, but:

- CPU model changed to Xeon
- "Found mode 1400x1050 in VESA Table" is wrong 'cause native would be 1680x1050 (but maybe wrong VESA table)
- "CPU: Attempting to enable IDA Failed!" (According to Intel the chip is capable of IDA)

Testing it right now.

One question: is GraphicsEnabler capable of calling Wormy Framebuffer for my GFX (Using the ATI X1700 drivers)? If not how can i modify it?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

EDIT: wrong assumption about IDA on T7400

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
hello VALV have a problem injection nvidia geforce 310M on my ASUS K52JC an error with the boot is it possible to fix error thank you

[codebox]PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_14321043&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_14321043

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_0300

[/codebox]

Attached Files

MiniHack

MiniHack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 616 posts

hello VALV have a problem injection nvidia geforce 310M on my ASUS K52JC an error with the boot is it possible to fix error thank you

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_14321043&REV_A2PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_14321043PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_030000PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_0300

@gerard71

I have just tried using this bootloader (version 5.1.4) and the 310M, it has no problem identifying the card. See extract from my output of BDMesg below:

Loading Darwin 10.6
Loading kernel mach_kernel
LoadDrivers: /Extra/Extensions.mkext
LoadDrivers: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext
ACPI: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 40070 bytes.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
nVidia GeForce G310M 512MB NVa8 [10de:0a75] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
@0,display-cfg: ffffffff
@1,display-cfg: ffffffff
LAN Controller [10ec:8168] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Setting up lan keys

The above output is of course generated using graphicsenabler=yes and works perfectly.

However, you might also want to try using a modified com.apple.boot.plist using graphicsenabler=no and specifically injecting device properties from a MacBookPro. That is actually what I use day to day with my bootloaders and the reason is that injecting the device properties makes the brightness functions work correctly too for the 310M, 320M, 330M as long as your DSDT is also modified to include Device (PNLF) - check out other posts on Insanelymac on what that means . I realise this is a little off topic, but I think you will find that it makes your system work better. For your reference, I attach the boot plist I am using now and you could try it out.....to avoid going too far off topic you can PM me about this if you want.
Attached File  com.apple.Boot.plist.zip   2.16KB   29 downloads

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Try with GeneratePStates=No

That is worked on my rig.

Question for Valv:

VMonHeros said that his Atom have 4C states, but I found (google) that Atom have 2 C states.

So, what is true?

BTW i have 2 C states with valv, and instant crash on boot with GeneratePStates=Yes.

No, Anval is right ;). I checked documentation on Intel servers (http://download.inte...shts/320528.pdf), and for Atom 330, 2 C-States (C0 and C1). The DSDT I download is wrong on that ;). But I yet remove these values !

I will test again with the last Anval version, but like you, with previous version, direct reboot before loading the kernel is P-States generation is enable...

koko

koko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

No, Anval is right ;). I checked documentation on Intel servers (http://download.inte...shts/320528.pdf), and for Atom 330, 2 C-States (C0 and C1). The DSDT I download is wrong on that ;). But I yet remove these values !

I will test again with the last Anval version, but like you, with previous version, direct reboot before loading the kernel is P-States generation is enable...

I was tried Anval 5.1.4. With genetrateCstates got 2 c-states and with EnableC6State got c1,c2,c4 and c6 states.
On generatePstates instant reboot.
No luck with autopatching on the fly 10.6 vanilla kernel. ;)

BTW does somebody know real TjMax for atom 330? Found some misleading informations, TjMax from 85 to 130... ;)

THX

downlord

downlord

InsanelyMac Greek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Valv,

some findings

According to T7400's datasheet there are some discrepancies of what I see in bdmesg:

AnVAL: CPU: Tjmax ~ 104°C datasheet: Tjmax = 100°C
AnVAL: CPU: Attempting to enable IDA Failed! datasheet: No mention about IDA (so my error in previous post)
AnVAL: C-State: Adding 3 states: C1 C3 C6 @ 200a000 datasheet: C-States: C0, C1/AutoHALT, C1/MWAIT, C2, C3, and C4

Other thoughts:
AnVAL: Config: [hd(1,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] Mine is in hd(1,1) EFI partition

After Sleep, I lost External monotor and when shutting down after sleep I have a KP.

Hoe it helps

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I was tried Anval 5.1.4. With genetrateCstates got 2 c-states and with EnableC6State got c1,c2,c4 and c6 states.
On generatePstates instant reboot.
No luck with autopatching on the fly 10.6 vanilla kernel. ;)

BTW does somebody know real TjMax for atom 330? Found some misleading informations, TjMax from 85 to 130... ;)

THX

From different documentations, I saw TjMax at 90°C.

I will try for EnableC6States... However, it's surprising as normally Atom 330 has just 2 C-States... It is the "mobile" version that has C2, C4 (and sometimes) C6 states...

Quite bizarre here.

koko

koko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

From different documentations, I saw TjMax at 90°C.

I will try for EnableC6States... However, it's surprising as normally Atom 330 has just 2 C-States... It is the "mobile" version that has C2, C4 (and sometimes) C6 states...

Quite bizarre here.

I have Asrock MCP7A mobo, so i think, it's not "mobile". How i get C4 and C6? :D
Do you try with TJMax 90? If so, what is your temperature reading?

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts
Koko + VMonHeros, just an fyi, the Atom 330 does not support speed stepping, so you really shouldn't be trying to use it (that is, you can't change P states for that machine).

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
MiniHack

but I do not arrive has switcher graph INTEL with the nvidia 310m without the dsdt I see the nvidia, but with the dsdt the nvidia disappears can one integrate the nvidia in the dsdt?

i have nvidia 310M optimus

tank you

Attached Files

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Koko + VMonHeros, just an fyi, the Atom 330 does not support speed stepping, so you really shouldn't be trying to use it (that is, you can't change P states for that machine).

Yes, yes, we know, we're just trying :P.

However, the "normal" chameleon branch do not KP on that, so I just want to inform valv ;).

I have Asrock MCP7A mobo, so i think, it's not "mobile". How i get C4 and C6? :wacko:
Do you try with TJMax 90? If so, what is your temperature reading?

There is no mobile version of the 330. 330 is an Atom for desktop (and do no Speedstep). What I called mobile was the N270 version for example, and when you look at the Intel documentation, this one have C4 state... It's why I'm surprise that Anval will create C4 state for Atom 330... As by documentation, Atom 330 has only 2 C States.

Surely because we force Anval with the EnableC6State. But I'm quite sure that the processor don't use these "fake" states.

MiniHack

MiniHack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 616 posts

MiniHack

but I do not arrive has switcher graph INTEL with the nvidia 310m without the dsdt I see the nvidia, but with the dsdt the nvidia disappears can one integrate the nvidia in the dsdt?

i have nvidia 310M optimus

tank you

Optimus is pants.

If you have graphics switching then I am sorry - this is a world of pain that hackintosh cannot solve yet. :wacko:

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Optimus is pants.

If you have graphics switching then I am sorry - this is a world of pain that hackintosh cannot solve yet. :)

yes does my computer function has 100% except the video one because INTEL hd does not function correctly is not average to make function thé nvidia i have to find this code in a dsdt when thinks you?
Device (GFX0)                {                    Name (_ADR, Zero)                    Name (_SUN, One)                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x1A)                            {                                "@0,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@0,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@0,display_cfg",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-A"                                },                                 "@1,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@1,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@1,display_cfg",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01                                },                                 "@1,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-B"                                },                                 "NVCAP",                                 Buffer (0x14)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0xFE, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "VRAM,totalsize",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40                                },                                 "device_type",                                 Buffer (0x0D)                                {                                    "NVDA,GeForce"                                },                                 "model",                                 Buffer (0x35)                                {                                    "nVidia Optimus 310M-CUDA                            "                                },                                 "rom-revision",                                 Buffer (0x3B)                                {                                    "nVidia Optimus 310M OpenGL Engine-CUDA                    "                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }                }            }

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
@Valv,

Does this "Autoresolution; Thanks to Azimutz for his rework" mean that I can now set my GraphicsMode to 1920x1080?

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,534 posts
Hi valv :)

Is there a possibility to add a command which skip a DSDT's table ? A command which skips a device at the boot to replace it with a patched one in a SSDT.

Example:
If the Device (SATA) of my DSDT has errors instead to extract the DSDT and to patch it, I simply add a SSDT which contains the entire patched Device (SATA), so the Chameleon loads this one.

valv

valv

InsanelyMac Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Operating Systems<br />Networking<br />Security
@MiniHack, glad to see u back.
@gerard71, u don't have the same device. can u tell its ram value ? I may attempt something

@Koko & VMonHeros, thank u for the feedbacks. am condemning p-states generation for that cpu, on the next release. I also reworked on the possible c-states to be generated.

@downlord,
fixing it on next release, apart from mwait state. that one can wait :)

@JBraddock,
1920x1080 as a GraphicsMode isn't good. stick with 1280x1024 instead.

@buoo,
Such a feature doesn't exist on chameleon (yet). Have a look at how apple does it for sata with ssdt. If u were that far, you'd need to edit your dsdt to be able to do what u want.

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
I find a DSDT for my asus k52jc reveals the nvidia 310 m in the system except that on this computer disables video adapter may not intel hd should find a way to disabled card intel that the nvidia can work for l screen

Attached Files

MiniHack

MiniHack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 616 posts

I find a DSDT for my asus k52jc reveals the nvidia 310 m in the system except that on this computer disables video adapter may not intel hd should find a way to disabled card intel that the nvidia can work for l screen

I am sorry, but you are wasting your time for the moment.

The Optimus problem is well known. Optimus switching of graphics works completely different to the way Mac OSX does graphics switching.

There is currently no way you can turn off the Intel HD graphics to let the Nvidia take over - optimus uses the frame buffer of the Intel HD graphics, Mac OSX switching does not use the frame buffer of the Intel HD. So the hardware is different and there are currently no OSX drivers that can cope with the hardware difference.

This is not a problem with the bootloader, but is a bigger different problem.

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

I am sorry, but you are wasting your time for the moment.

The Optimus problem is well known. Optimus switching of graphics works completely different to the way Mac OSX does graphics switching.

There is currently no way you can turn off the Intel HD graphics to let the Nvidia take over - optimus uses the frame buffer of the Intel HD graphics, Mac OSX switching does not use the frame buffer of the Intel HD. So the hardware is different and there are currently no OSX drivers that can cope with the hardware difference.

This is not a problem with the bootloader, but is a bigger different problem.

ok tank you :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy