• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 288 posts
Hey admins,

I'm often trying to do a search within a thread but it ALWAYS returns with no results.
Even when I try with a specific word that I'm sure it's in a post.

How come? Can it be fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. ;-)

BiTRiP

iPoco

iPoco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Supervisors
  • 1,470 posts
Thanks! Added to the tracker.

iPoco

losmuertos

losmuertos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
same problem here

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 288 posts
@Admins: Any progress on this?

losmuertos

losmuertos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sometimes it works... usually only once though. It's insanely irritating, because a lot of the threads on here go for a bazillion pages and I'm only looking for some highly specific information. This is what usually happens:

Click on topic
scroll to bottom
type keywords in search box
at this point i sometimes get results
if it did work the first time and I click back and search again, or search on any other thread in another tab, I usually get:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance.
connection to unix:///var/socketproxy/insanelymac.com/searchd:0 failed (errno=2, msg=No such file or directory)

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I have had this problem since I started using this site. Search has NEVER worked for me. In the one forum that needs the search function the most..... :D

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 288 posts
Seems admins doesn't care about this since nothing is changed so far.... :)

iPoco

iPoco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Supervisors
  • 1,470 posts
:) The search was fixed (or so we thought) but after some trying I found the following: The search only shows posts before mid 2008 ish. Can anyone else confirm this?

iPoco

losmuertos

losmuertos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

;) The search was fixed (or so we thought) but after some trying I found the following: The search only shows posts before mid 2008 ish. Can anyone else confirm this?

iPoco

I can confirm. Searched the Tiger-Post-Installation sticky for "sleep" and got 5 pages of results. Newest was like June 2008. If you look at the actual thread, one of the posts on the last page from 2010 has the word sleep.

BiTRiP

BiTRiP

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 288 posts
Unfortunately I can only confirm its not working yet.
Like always I get this output:

Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.
Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.
Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'.

Search Again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy