Intel HD Graphics (10.6.3 kexts) report back

targeter15

91 posts in this topic

OK I did it but now most of my software doesn`n work :) (like Mail, AdressBook, Skype, iCal, PhotoBoot, Safari, iTunes and etc). When boot in verbose mode some bugs are occuret and it says something about cache problems. In Terminal: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache

OK I did it but now most of my software doesn`n work :) (like Mail, AdressBook, Skype, iCal, PhotoBoot, Safari, iTunes and etc). When boot in verbose mode some bugs are occuret and it says something about cache problems. In Terminal: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache

Download Safari (Webkit.Framework), boot once into Safe Mode and install Safari.

Everything works again :( Now just need to make this GMA4500 works ant I`ll be the happiest man at this world ;)

you managed to install the macproupdate with pacifist? so what went wrong which make you cant use your software? anyway, i followed the DSDT instruction, i cant find the GFX0 in the file. hopefully when you manage to get it run you can post a guide.

Maybe your DSDT is not complete, I get mine in Linux. You can use LiveCD with Ubuntu or some. Open Console and write:

cd Desktop

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

So now u will have more complete and bugless DSDT file. Of course u will need to fix it again to work on maximum compability with OS X.

Maybe your DSDT is not complete, I get mine in Linux. You can use LiveCD with Ubuntu or some. Open Console and write:

cd Desktop

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

So now u will have more complete and bugless DSDT file. Of course u will need to fix it again to work on maximum compability with OS X.

i c, i guess i m using the dsdt patcher in osx which might not be able to find the gfx information hence didnt generate it. thanks for the information.

:(

any luck with the new installation?

iIs your instalation RETAIL, because if you using patched DVD you might get kernel panic at every update that update the kernel.

yes its retail. I dont have a problem with updates, but when it starts installing the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext it freezes and panic.

Also, My GPU is not recognized as Intel GMA HD. Could that be the problem?

yes its retail. I dont have a problem with updates, but when it starts installing the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext it freezes and panic.

Also, My GPU is not recognized as Intel GMA HD. Could that be the problem?

You had vanilla Kernel before the Update?

I installed retail, upgraded to 10.6.3 and then i patched to boot from hdd. After that, I tried the update. Should I go retail->10.6.3->Graphic Update.

From the first picture, it looks like you had Voodoo Kernel or something else based on that.

From a USB Stick with iMac11,1 10.6.2, it has Core i5/i7 Support. So I was purely vanilla.

Thanks for your help guys. This is frustrating. Does vanilla support the i5 430m because I believe that I am not using vanilla since I keep getting panics.

How do i get the system to recognize my Intel GMA HD 5700 (Same as the new MBP)? I finally got the Software Update 1.3 w/ the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext installed.

Device ID 0046

Vendor ID 8086

How do i get the system to recognize my Intel GMA HD 5700 (Same as the new MBP)? I finally got the Software Update 1.3 w/ the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext installed.

Device ID 0046

Vendor ID 8086

The two kext know that ID of your, do they get loaded?

*There is an Image of the new MacBookPro DVD in the wild WWW.

Device ID 0046

Vendor ID 8086

Are you sure they got installed? Most reports state that soon as they are installed the FB one causes the system to hang on boot up. Either way, there is still not way as of yet to utilize these kexts.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any possibility to get a notebook with Intel GMA HD work just like a real MBP at the moment?

I'm currently using a Lenovo netbook (S10e), with Snow Leopard installed with a software called S10 Snow Leopard Enabler. Everything is working great.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Lenovo ThinkPad X201 now, because a netbook can be used as main computer, but it isn't that fast :)

The X201 features a Intel Core i5-540M and Intel GMA HD graphics. It would be great to have this notebook running on Snow Leopard with QE/CI and all other features supported, as this is just the computer I need :(

Is this possible yet? And if yes, is it possible with a vanilla kernel? And how? :unsure:

As my hackintosh knowledge currently is limited to installing OS X on GMA950-based netbooks, and on the ThinkPad X60 with GMA950 (with the netbook OS X install tools) - and I would like to extend it - can you maybe give me a link to a beginner tutorial which is not referring to a special mainboard? In this thread, the thread starter posted a link to this beginner tutorial, but it isn't working...

Thanks in advance :)