[GUIDE]: The MacBookPro18 Project

valv

499 posts in this topic

Ok. Let's do this way.

- Install Chameleon RC5. Don't use AnVaL.

- Make these changes to boot.plist

- Use a DSDT file that works for you. Put DSDT.aml to Extra folder. Don't use mine.

- If it works. Upload the DSDT file you are using so I could check what the difference is.

What do you mean with "a DSDT that works for you"? A DSDT that can let me boot without KP? I can extract mine and patch it with DSDT patcher. If I give you the one it creates, it will be right?

What do you mean with "a DSDT that works for you"? A DSDT that can let me boot without KP? I can extract mine and patch it with DSDT patcher. If I give you the one it creates, it will be right?

Does it work for you? The one that you patch with DSDT patcher.

You had a working system right?

Follow the steps I wrote and then give me a working DSDT. As far as I understood, you have problem with my DSDT file. Right?

Sorry i meant: i can give one you the one that i can obtain after the installation, that usually permise me to boot normally. I can extract it with DSDTSE or DSDTpatcher.

Wait some minutes, i'll give it to you as fast as I can.

Sorry i meant: i can give one you the one that i can obtain after the installation, that usually permise me to boot normally. I can extract it with DSDTSE or DSDTpatcher.

Wait some minutes, i'll give it to you as fast as I can.

Do one more test for me then.

Use my extra folder and AnVaL.

But instead of my DSDT file, use the one that permits you to boot normally (The one that you'll upload here).

Just to narrow down the problem. See what happens.

Do one more test for me then.

Use my extra folder and AnVaL.

But instead of my DSDT file, use the one that permits you to boot normally (The one that you'll upload here).

Just to narrow down the problem. See what happens.

I already did this: that was the way I understood that was DSDT to have problems, and not something else.

Here's the DSDT. Now resolution is a bit better, but touchpad don't work correctly

dsdt.aml.zip

I already did this: that was the way I understood that was DSDT to have problems, and not something else.

Here's the DSDT. Now resolution is a bit better, but touchpad don't work correctly

The is vanilla DSDT.

Does this allow you to boot with my Extra folder?

What happens when you run auto patcher?

The is vanilla DSDT.

Does this allow you to boot with my Extra folder?

What happens when you run auto patcher?

If I put it into the Extra folder, i can boot.

If I don't put it into the Extra folder, it boots the same, in the same way and with the same problems (es. the touchpad etc...)

This is the DSDT if i apply autopatcher.

When i boot with this in Extra folder, the first time I had KP, then i had full QE/CI.

dsdt.aml.zip

What happens when you boot with this patched DSDT?

Now it has loaded perfectly. Full QE/CI, but touchpad problems (think i'm missing a kext?)

(Next answer is in the 24th page)

Here it is.

- Update your system to 10.6.7.

- If you are using Chameleon RC5, make these changes to boot.plist

- Go into you bios and make sure you have "Enable C6 States" set to Yes.

- After doing these, send me another IOREG dump.

Apart from the above points, finally, after doing these (Update to 10.6.7 etc), give one more shot to my DSDT file to see if it makes any difference. There have been many changes since Snow Leopard came out in terms of speed step, especially after 10.6.3. We need to make sure that Snow Leopard version is not the issue here.

P.S. Download 10.6.7 Combo Update from Apple. That way, you wouldn't have to run Software Update in the future.

- Upgrade your system to 10.6.7.

- If you are using Chameleon RC5, make these changes to smbios.plist

- Go into you bios and make sure you have Enable C6 States set to Yes.

- After doing these, send me another IOREG dump.

Apart from the above points, finally, after doing these (Update to 10.6.7 etc), give one more shot to my DSDT file to see if it makes any difference. There have been many changes since Snow Leopard came out in terms of speed step, especially after 10.6.3. We need to make sure that Snow Leopard version is not the issue here.

Thanks. I'll give a try.

All right.

Your DSDT doesn't work, neither with 10.7.7.

I'm using the patched DSDT, gives me full QE/CI, shutdown-restart, bluetooth, keyboard-trackpad, sleep/wake, webcam, dvd.

One thing:

You said i had to modify plist. In com.apple.plist there's "EnableC6state", not "GenerateC6States". I changed it, but in the plist I downloaded there was "GenerateC6States", only "GeneratesPStates".

If you need, i can zip it and put it here.

Ps. I was forced to modify the DSDT (removing HDEF) to install VoodooHDA. Now it works perfectly.

Pps. I can no more boot with NawcomModCd.

Change EnableC6State to EnableC4State and also add the following.

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You should have a stable machine now with Chameoleon RC5. There are a couple of fixes that I could add to your working DSDT but they are not urgent. We'll come to those later. Obviously, there is something different about your machine. Finally, make sure you have the latest bios for HDX, which is F32 or F34 depending on your model.

Next month I am planing to open a new thread on OS X Lion (Hopefully)

Enjoy.

The pc seems to work well.What fixes have you got for my DSDT?

The post about Lion is a good idea. I'll follow you there, if you need some tester.

ps. for the bios, I'll check my bios and let you know.

The pc seems to work well.What fixes have you got for my DSDT?

The post about Lion is a good idea. I'll follow you there, if you need some tester.

ps. for the bios, I'll check my bios and let you know.

SATA, Removing unused devices to reduce to size of the DSDT, thermal zone etc. But don't worry, we'll work on them later and most of them don't really affect the functionality.

If you made the changes to the boot.plist, please upload another IOREG dump so that I could have a look at it.

I updated to 10.6.8 and everything seems to work fine. As usual, for those using AppleHDA, you have to rollback AppleHDA to restore the sound.

I've created another AppleHDA (2.0.5) based on the kext of 10.6.8, which is also for Lion. I might post it later.

Only thing I noticed is that spinning ball during the boot seems to get disappeared so don't panic and wait. I think it is something to the with AnVaL. Because I don't have this problem on my desktop, which uses Chameleon RC5.

Anyway, it is just a cosmetic.

Enjoy,

I updated to 10.6.8 and everything seems to work fine. As usual, for those using AppleHDA, you have to rollback AppleHDA to restore the sound.

I've created another AppleHDA (2.0.5) based on the kext of 10.6.8, which is also for Lion. I might post it later.

Only thing I noticed is that spinning ball during the boot seems to get disappeared so don't panic and wait. I think it is something to the with AnVaL. Because I don't have this problem on my desktop, which uses Chameleon RC5.

Anyway, it is just a cosmetic.

Enjoy,

I also noticed the spinning ball is gone but I haven't installed AnVal yet. I just came from a fresh install then applied 10.6.8 combo update and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

post-562417-1309192898_thumb.png

- Installation is straight forward.

- GPU, keyboard, trackpad, bluetooth, speed step, restart etc are all working. PCI Begin problem is here but OS X boots fine.

- HP Atheros 9280 works great and supports AirDrop.

- Battery kext is not working as previously reported.

- I was able to patch AppleHDA of Lion for our chipset. It works great. Still no audio after sleep.

- Animations in Launchpad and Fullscreen apps are not that smooth.

- I couldn't figure out how kext cache is working so I have to boot with -f.

- Safari is buggy. I've already witnessed a few crucial bugs.

- Since I am running from a usb HDD, it is hard to tell how good the performance is but Lion is definitely not ready for prime time. I expect at least two more releases before Lion being shipped.

I'll open a new thread soon.

I have some problem when I played video files with SplayerX. When at fullscreen & max window, videos lag. During normal windowed playback, they're ok.

Before I installed the 10.6.8 combo update, kexts & AnVal (as in JBraddock's post in page 18), SplayerX is running smoothly at fullscreen & window mode.

I attached my IOReg dump if anybody wants to check.

Thanks!

Mac_Pro.zip