[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on Asus G51J/Jx

Obliviux

108 posts in this topic

hey guys, if anyone is interested, i have a 32/64 bit version of meklorts ApplePS2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mgj74e8t4yzylu2

install the 2 kexts in /Extra/Extensions/

add the prefpane to /Library/PreferencePanes/ (or click it and select Install for all users)

add the launch agent to /Library/LaunchAgents/

the prefpane is the old 32 bit version but it works for the 64 bit kext. enjoy.

(this is much better than voodoops2)

also, for anyone having trouble wiht atheros 9285 wifi:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbs0zppcfdiqrf5

and lastly, if you missed it, i've been working wiht meklort to create a kext which adds hotkey support for the volume controls, so far we've got volume contols, itunes playback controls (fn + arrow keys) and the calculator launch working.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6v85x2yirywp355

hey guys, if anyone is interested, i have a 32/64 bit version of meklorts ApplePS2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mgj74e8t4yzylu2

install the 2 kexts in /Extra/Extensions/

add the prefpane to /Library/PreferencePanes/ (or click it and select Install for all users)

add the launch agent to /Library/LaunchAgents/

the prefpane is the old 32 bit version but it works for the 64 bit kext. enjoy.

(this is much better than voodoops2)

also, for anyone having trouble wiht atheros 9285 wifi:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbs0zppcfdiqrf5

and lastly, if you missed it, i've been working wiht meklort to create a kext which adds hotkey support for the volume controls, so far we've got volume contols, itunes playback controls (fn + arrow keys) and the calculator launch working.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6v85x2yirywp355

The other hotkeys work great, except that the kext now breaks my Keyboard Backlight hotkeys F3 and f4. Please help.

wow, i think you are right.

I will get this fixed asap

Will appreciate it.

there is a working wifi kext.

it comes from 10.6.5 i do believe, check this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209837

Hey,

I'm happy that this kext finally works for you guys. But I cannot get it to recognize my card on Asus G51Jx-X3. I installed the kext using kext utility and then repaired permissions, rebooted but nothing. No airport interfaces. Kextstat doesn't say that the kext is loaded so I tried kextload after which it appears in kextstat but vanishes just the other moment.

Here is my system profiler status:

Software Versions:

Menu Extra: 6.2.1 (621.1)

configd plug-in: 6.2.3 (623.1)

System Profiler: 6.0 (600.9)

Network Preference: 6.2.1 (621.1)

AirPort Utility: 5.5.1 (551.19)

IO80211 Family: 3.1.2 (312)

How do I get it going?

@wonslung,

Is that 9285 wifi kext you posted a more updated one than the one from kexts.com?

I do see some issues with Secure networks. It tends to time out with the kext from kexts.com

Edited a while later:

It is the same version 3.1.2 unles syou modified it? I Still have the timeout issue. Not sure why.

Attention folks I have modified our DSDT to get both Sleep/Wake to work

There are still couple issues I am working on. The Republic of Gamers LED and a small strip LED on top of the Lid still flash slowly when sleeping and when you open the lid it won't wake unless you strike a key on the keyboard or a momentarily click the power button.

Another issue I am working on is USB DIsk Insertion error from Wake. So make sure you don't keep any Flash Drives in the USB if it goes to sleep until I figure out a Fix.

These fixes came from various sources over time. Some of which I have applied to my Dell XPS M1530 which works flawless and now almost 100% on my Asus G51JX-X5.

Also the EHC0/EHC1 fix has also fixed the shutdown issue so revert the code back to the way it was from my above post.

There is actually better fix for the Lid sleep but it still won't wake unless you press any key on your keyboard or just click momentarily on you power button. See the Clamshell fix below.

Also for those with the AR9285 Atheros Wireless Cards install this into your /system/library/extensions

Backup up the one there first.

http://www.kexts.com/view/462-atheros_ar9285.html

Clamshell Fix from a XPS M1530 Thread I used in the past for my Dell XPS M1530: Under _SB add this fix.

Device (PNLF)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
           Name (_CID, "backlight")
           Name (_UID, 0x0A)
           Name (_STA, 0x0B)
       }

Exact Location in DSDT is Between Device (P0P1) and Device (HDEF)

Device (P0P1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (GPRW (0x0B, 0x04))
               }
           }

Device (PNLF)
           {
               Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
               Name (_CID, "backlight")
               Name (_UID, 0x0A)
               Name (_STA, 0x0B)
           }

Device (HDEF)
           {

Here are the EHC's Modified. Just replace the before code with the after code. Or copy the code from the DSDT I provided below.

Before Fix:

Device (EHC0)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
               {
                   Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x03))
               }
           }

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
               {
               }
           }

After Fix:

Device (EHC0)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
               Name (_S1D, 0x02)
               Name (_S3D, 0x02)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0B)
                       {
                           "AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x05)
                           {
                               "EHCI"
                           }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                           0x04B0, 
                           "AAPL,current-extra", 
                           0x02BC, 
                           "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                           0x03E8, 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

//Above this code below

{
               }
           }

AND

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
               Name (_S1D, 0x02)
               Name (_S3D, 0x02)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0B)
                       {
                           "AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x05)
                           {
                               "EHCI"
                           }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                           0x04B0, 
                           "AAPL,current-extra", 
                           0x02BC, 
                           "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                           0x03E8, 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

//Above this code below

{
               }
           }

Here is my latest DSDT all cleaned up and with the SBUS Fix. This takes care of the "** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider" failure issue.

Asus_G51Jx_Most_Current_Most_Cleaned_Still_Working_On_Insertion_Error_Fix_SBUS_Working_Now.aml.zip

I have edited this post several times, so any mods you did from the HP dvt8 link I had provided earlier please remove those fixes. The DSDT I have provided above has all the necessary changes I have provided in this post. Since I am spending a lot of time on this there is a chance I might start a new thread we will see?

This is great. Its the best thing that has happened to my ROG since mac. Its sleep is so much better than windows. You press a key after lifting the lid up and BAM...here is mac..no dancing bugs making windows logo here. However some bugs I noticed besides the USB drive thing:

1. Inbuilt speakers don't wake up if I disconnect externals during sleep. For getting them to work, I have to plugin the externals and then suddenly it'll be normal.

2. If I disconnect ethernet cord while its asleep, I cannot get it working on wake until I restart.

Anyway, these are hiccups. Not a big deal. Kudos on the job.

Will appreciate it.

Hey,

I'm happy that this kext finally works for you guys. But I cannot get it to recognize my card on Asus G51Jx-X3. I installed the kext using kext utility and then repaired permissions, rebooted but nothing. No airport interfaces. Kextstat doesn't say that the kext is loaded so I tried kextload after which it appears in kextstat but vanishes just the other moment.

Here is my system profiler status:

Software Versions:

Menu Extra: 6.2.1 (621.1)

configd plug-in: 6.2.3 (623.1)

System Profiler: 6.0 (600.9)

Network Preference: 6.2.1 (621.1)

AirPort Utility: 5.5.1 (551.19)

IO80211 Family: 3.1.2 (312)

How do I get it going?

ok, the fix for the keyboard dim keys isn't easy.....but i have a quick work around which requires a dsdt hack..

you need to search for Method (_Q0C

and remove the "Return (Zero)" line.

asnd do the same thing for Method (_Q0D

basiclly, this is the before:

Method (_Q0C, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
			Return (Zero)
		}

and this is the after:

{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
		}

be sure to do this for BOTH _Q0C and _Q0D

i will get the REAL fix added as soon as i can (need some dsdt info from a real macbook to do it)

@wonslung,

Is that 9285 wifi kext you posted a more updated one than the one from kexts.com?

I do see some issues with Secure networks. It tends to time out with the kext from kexts.com

Edited a while later:

It is the same version 3.1.2 unles syou modified it? I Still have the timeout issue. Not sure why.

i don't know what to say to this except that it works fine for me.

perhaps we have different revisions in hardware??

i use it on wpa2 psk and aes networks exclusively and have yet to have it drop out.

it's the kext from 10.6.5 beta....

@wonslung

I'm using WPA2-PSK on my home router and it definitely will not let me get an IP address unless I change it to be WPA-PSK instead. Even using the latest kext you posted there. Not a huge deal, WPA-PSK with a non-broadcasting SSID is fine.

Also, your DSDT hack for the keyboard light works like a charm! Thanks for the workaround.

And the meklortPS2 64 bit is much improved over the VoodooPS2 64. Mek's is much smoother on fine movements, and two finger scrolling is much better. However, I lose control of the keyboard and trackpad upon wake. Though we're still having some problems with sleep and wake anyways.

@oSxFr33k

Your latest DSDT makes my keyboard light blink rapidly when the laptop actually goes to sleep, and it seems like the usb ports are still powered. Nontheless, you've made some very promising steps forward, so keep up the good work! Also use my posted sound setting above to fix your "open mic". Also, I think Sleepwatcher could be your solution on USB drive issues upon wake. Have Sleepwatcher unmount on sleep, and remount on wake? Hacky but probably works.

@wonslun

I'm using WPA2-PSK on my home router and it definitely will not let me get an IP address unless I change it to be WPA-PSK instead. Even using the latest kext you posted there. Not a huge deal, WPA-PSK with a non-broadcasting SSID is fine.

Also, your DSDT hack for the keyboard light works like a charm! Thanks for the workaround.

And the meklortPS2 64 bit is much improved over the VoodooPS2 64. Mek's is much smoother on fine movements, and two finger scrolling is much better. However, I lose control of the keyboard and trackpad upon wake. Though we're still having some problems with sleep and wake anyways.

@oSxFr33k

Your latest DSDT makes my keyboard light blink rapidly when the laptop actually goes to sleep, and it seems like the usb ports are still powered. Nontheless, you've made some very promising steps forward, so keep up the good work! Also use my posted sound setting above to fix your "open mic". Also, I think Sleepwatcher could be your solution on USB drive issues upon wake. Have Sleepwatcher unmount on sleep, and remount on wake? Hacky but probably works.

@Cknoblet: Its the hotkeys kext that causes mac to forget aout the keyboard backlighting and it freaks out while sleeping. Avoid the kext until its fixed OR use the DSDT patch he just provided.

ok, the fix for the keyboard dim keys isn't easy.....but i have a quick work around which requires a dsdt hack..

{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
			Return (Zero)
		}

and this is the after:

{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
		}

i will get the REAL fix added as soon as i can (need some dsdt info from a real macbook to do it)

i don't know what to say to this except that it works fine for me.

perhaps we have different revisions in hardware??

i use it on wpa2 psk and aes networks exclusively and have yet to have it drop out.

it's the kext from 10.6.5 beta....

The DSDT fix works nice. Backlight keys are now working well enough and don't (EDIT: They still go nuts. I guess we need a better kext)go nuts anymore while sleeping.

BUT, the WiFi thing doesn't work for me. The kext NEVER loads. I installed it using kextutility, it never shows up in kextstat and no airpost cards are recognized.

@Cknoblet: Its the hotkeys kext that causes mac to forget aout the keyboard backlighting and it freaks out while sleeping. Avoid the kext until its fixed OR use the DSDT patch he just provided.

The DSDT fix works nice. Backlight keys are now working well enough and don't go nuts anymore while sleeping.

BUT, the WiFi thing doesn't work for me. The kext NEVER loads. I installed it using kextutility, it never shows up in kextstat and no airpost cards are recognized.

are you sure you have the same atheros 9285 card?

please install lspci from here:

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/lspci-...r-1-0-released/

and give me the output of the following command

sudo lspci -nn

the reason i ask is asus has been known to use intel cards on some of them.

if so you'd need to get a new card to replace it or use a usb wifi

are you sure you have the same atheros 9285 card?

please install lspci from here:

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/lspci-...r-1-0-released/

and give me the output of the following command

sudo lspci -nn

the reason i ask is asus has been known to use intel cards on some of them.

if so you'd need to get a new card to replace it or use a usb wifi

Well I guess no fun for me. Its an Intel. Damn Asus. Here's the output anyway:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Arrandale DRAM Controller [8086:0044] (rev 12)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Arrandale PCI Express x16 Root Port [8086:0045] (rev 12)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak HECI Controller [8086:3b64] (rev 06)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b3c] (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:3b42] (rev 06)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 2 [8086:3b44] (rev 06)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:3b46] (rev 06)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 5 [8086:3b4a] (rev 06)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:3b4c] (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b34] (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface Controller [8086:3b09] (rev 06)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 4 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:3b29] (rev 06)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak SMBus Controller [8086:3b30] (rev 06)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak Thermal Subsystem [8086:3b32] (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0cb1] (rev a2)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0be4] (rev a1)
03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 100 Series [8086:0083]
06:00.0 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e822] (rev 01)
06:00.1 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e230] (rev 01)
06:00.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e852] (rev 01)
06:00.3 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e832] (rev 01)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown device [1969:1063] (rev c0)
3f:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers [8086:2c62] (rev 02)
3f:00.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder [8086:2d01] (rev 02)
3f:02.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Link 0 [8086:2d10] (rev 02)
3f:02.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Physical 0 [8086:2d11] (rev 02)
3f:02.2 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d12] (rev 02)
3f:02.3 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d13] (rev 02)

{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
			Return (Zero)
		}

and this is the after:

{
		If (ATKP)
		{
			^^^^ATKD.NTFY (0xC5)
		}

Hey man u wanted a DSDT from some real MBP. Here it is. Its from a 13" MBP 7.1. Hope that helps.

dsdt_mbp_7.1.dsl.zip

ALSO, the playback stop hotkey (Fn+UpArrow) ejects the DVD Drive rather than stopping playback. Its anyway useful :angel:. But, a key for stopping playback would be great.

Well I guess no fun for me. Its an Intel. Damn Asus. Here's the output anyway:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Arrandale DRAM Controller [8086:0044] (rev 12)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Arrandale PCI Express x16 Root Port [8086:0045] (rev 12)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak HECI Controller [8086:3b64] (rev 06)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b3c] (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:3b42] (rev 06)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 2 [8086:3b44] (rev 06)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:3b46] (rev 06)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 5 [8086:3b4a] (rev 06)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:3b4c] (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b34] (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface Controller [8086:3b09] (rev 06)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 4 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:3b29] (rev 06)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak SMBus Controller [8086:3b30] (rev 06)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak Thermal Subsystem [8086:3b32] (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0cb1] (rev a2)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0be4] (rev a1)
03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 100 Series [8086:0083]
06:00.0 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e822] (rev 01)
06:00.1 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e230] (rev 01)
06:00.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e852] (rev 01)
06:00.3 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:e832] (rev 01)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown device [1969:1063] (rev c0)
3f:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers [8086:2c62] (rev 02)
3f:00.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder [8086:2d01] (rev 02)
3f:02.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Link 0 [8086:2d10] (rev 02)
3f:02.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Physical 0 [8086:2d11] (rev 02)
3f:02.2 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d12] (rev 02)
3f:02.3 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d13] (rev 02)

yes, you will need to replace the wifi card.

or you will need to use usb wifi, there is no working wifi for intel and probably never will be.

the best supported/cheapest would be something like a broadcom 4311 or 4315, or maybe even a broadcom 4322

this WILL require some light disassembly (i've done this on many laptops)

At least it's asus and not hp, on an hp you have to deal with wifi whitelists.

@wonslung,

Here are most of the DSDT and IOREG files I have gone through. I got the DSDT SMBus script from the iMAC 11,1 and the DSDT sbus script slipped right into our DSDT with no compiling errors and the Kernel ACPI warning message went away.

The iMAC Processor i7 is a quad core closet one to our i7 Asus G51Jx series, 4 cores , 8 threads.. The MacBook Pro i7 is not a Quad core but 2 cores, 4 threads.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=5900

Sift through that thread you will find what you need.

@wonslung,

Here are most of the DSDT and IOREG files I have gone through. I got the DSDT SMBus script from the iMAC 11,1 and the DSDT sbus script slipped right into our DSDT with no compiling errors and the Kernel ACPI warning message went away.

The iMAC Processor i7 is a quad core closet one to our i7 Asus G51Jx series, 4 cores , 8 threads.. The MacBook Pro i7 is not a Quad core but 2 cores, 4 threads.

Sift through that thread you will find what you need.

thanks.

The solution for "keyboard backlight stays on when put to sleep is:

search for " If (LNot (ATKP))" and remove both instances of it (you also need to remove a couple brackets.

here is the original:

Method (KPTS, 1, NotSerialized)
	{
		If (LNot (ATKP))
		{
			Store (LDBM, Local0)
			If (LNotEqual (Zero, And (Local0, 0x81)))
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (0x1802, Local0)
			Add (Local0, 0x06, Local0)
			WRAM (Local0, Zero)
		}

and here is the fixed:

{

Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (0x1802, Local0)
			WRAM (Local0, Zero)

and the second instance original:

Method (KWAK, 1, NotSerialized)
	{
		If (LNot (ATKP))
		{
			Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (B1OF, Local0)
			Store (0x1802, Local2)
			Add (Local2, 0x06, Local2)
			If (LEqual (Local0, One))
			{
				Store (B1CS, Local0)
				Store (DerefOf (Index (LKBS, Local0)), Local1)
				WRAM (Local2, Local1)
			}
			Else
			{
				WRAM (Local2, Zero)
			}
		}

and second instance of it fixed:

{

Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (B1OF, Local0)
			Store (0x1802, Local2)
			{
				Store (B1CS, Local0)
				WRAM (Local2, Local1)
			}
			Else
			{
				WRAM (Local2, Zero)
			}

more to come.

thanks.

The solution for "keyboard backlight stays on when put to sleep is:

search for " If (LNot (ATKP))" and remove both instances of it (you also need to remove a couple brackets.

here is the original:

{
		If (LNot (ATKP))
		{
			Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (0x1802, Local0)
			WRAM (Local0, Zero)
		}

and here is the fixed:

{

Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (0x1802, Local0)
			WRAM (Local0, Zero)

and the second instance original:

{
		If (LNot (ATKP))
		{
			Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (B1OF, Local0)
			Store (0x1802, Local2)
			{
				Store (B1CS, Local0)
				WRAM (Local2, Local1)
			}
			Else
			{
				WRAM (Local2, Zero)
			}
		}

and second instance of it fixed:

{

Store (LDBM, Local0)
			{
				Return (Zero)
			}

Store (B1OF, Local0)
			Store (0x1802, Local2)
			{
				Store (B1CS, Local0)
				WRAM (Local2, Local1)
			}
			Else
			{
				WRAM (Local2, Zero)
			}

more to come.

Its working...

@wonslung,

I had problems connecting to secured networks. It would timeout on me. I also had a problem at times seeing secured networks.

I did this hack which is partially in place in the DSDT but never did the rest of the hack which fixed my issue for now, I still have a problem at times seeing secured networks but at least the time out issue was resolved.

Link:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=9451

I was no able to save my EEPPROM because the utility did not work for me. ARTH64.sys error.

I was however able to install the software and use RCU to change the Regulatory Domain to 0x0 just as the Guide shows you. RCU does BSOD upon closing but did not brick my Wifi.

@wonslung,

I had problems connecting to secured networks. It would timeout on me. I also had a problem at times seeing secured networks.

I did this hack which is partially in place in the DSDT but never did the rest of the hack which fixed my issue for now, I still have a problem at times seeing secured networks but at least the time out issue was resolved.

Link:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=9451

I was no able to save my EEPPROM because the utility did not work for me. ARTH64.sys error.

I was however able to install the software and use RCU to change the Regulatory Domain to 0x0 just as the Guide shows you. RCU does BSOD upon closing but did not brick my Wifi.

works fine for me.

Also talking to meklort, he's going to add atheros 9285 detection into his bootloader. Right now his bootloader is still highly experimental because he's working on switching everything to a modular setup (basically you will have a REALLY small chameleon, and everything else will load from modules)

When it's done, you won't need to use a dsdt hack at all, it will be possible just from chameleon.

as far as timeouts go, i've been using this since i got the laptop (the dsdt mod) and it works just fine for me. I have yet to see a single timeout.

also, as far as the eprom thing goes, there is a linux tool which can accomplish the same thing. It's a little more complicated but i'll make a guide for it when i get time.

EDIT:

looks like there is already a good guide on rebranding atheros cards.

you should be able to modify it to suit your needs but honestly this step is only needed to get rid of the unknown locale issue, it isn't the most important thing

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122365

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all you I have a good sl installed, I have tripple boot, I have working lan, sound,fn keys, and a USB wifi :D! There are still some things I have not figured out yet.. My Numeric Pad is always on, I can't get PgUp or PgDn on it, I know those keys are up there.. Also about the actual time I don't know how can I have my windows, debian and mac os clocks synchronized! Well thanks for everything! BTW I used nawcom cd to install retail 10.6.3 http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=306

Hi,

This is all the stuff im using. if you use chameleon, put all these in sl/extra

should get your video, sound, battery, lan work.

im still working on the dsdt file, not perfect now. i'll keep update.

Kevin... you said you were able to get the nVidia gtx260m working with qe/ci. I was hoping you could instruct me on this possibly. It is the only thing I'm having an issue with.

I'm running an Asus g51vx and it has the gtx 260m graphics. I'm getting video fine inside OS X but anytime I watch a video full screen it's super jumpy and looks like {censored}.

qe/ci support. Thanks in advance

Hello all:

I have been following this for many days now and found some great info thank you all. The problem I am having is with the Asus G51JX-A1 using Newcom boot disk and retail SL 10.6.3 disk from Best Buy every thing goes good from the install to first boot to updates but the 10.6.4 update will not install due to "unknown error" I have tried Empire with no success I just cannot seem to get beyond this point of the update and have found no one with the same issue any advice? :help:

Also has any one seen this (see attachment) I get this when I boot with Empire

EDIT: I used oSxFr33k's DSDT after the install and it booted with out newcom's disk then the update installed fine still have a long way to go but at least I am not throwing the thing out the window Thank You all for the thred I replaced the wireless card with a broadcom I had around I just have to get sound

One More Thing: Cannot get it to boot in 64 bit stops on bluetooth something or other

@Wonslung,

I just tried your AsusHotkeys kext on my Asus M60J Core i7 laptop.

Of all the AsusHotkeys kexts that I've been trying, yours is the first and only that got my fn+volume keys working. Big thank you!!

But there are still a few small bugs. Like gravicle mentions in post #63, the fn+stop key actually ejects instead of stopping playback.

This might be a problem particular to my Asus M60J laptop, but DVD playback is choppy with Apple DVD player when the AsusHotkeys kext is loaded.

Plus, the AsusHotkeys kext causes problems on wake from sleep. The kext seem to load correctly but the fn+volume keys no longer work. Also, it interferes somehow with my Atheros AR9280 wifi card. After wake from sleep, my Atheros AR9280 does not see anymore wifi networks. There's no such problem on wake from sleep if I'm not using the AsusHotkeys kext.

It's still a big plus that your AsusHotkeys is the only one to enable fn+volume. Keep up the good work.

I'm going back to using Controllermate for now for my volume keys.