[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on Asus G51J/Jx

Obliviux

108 posts in this topic

Using the Asus system scan at their web site, they recommend the G60J Bios for the G51JC that I have.

See if you get the same results, there is actually a 208 also...

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

As for keeping the thread tidy you are right but it seemed dead to me, glad someone is responding to it.

Update: Installed a Dell DW1510 mini-card and now have full wifi OOB, easy swap out of the Intel card that came with the laptop.

• 4 weeks later...

quaestor,

I Would be interested in your DSDT since it should be about 99.9% exactly the same as the G51Jx model? I have the i7-72QM Quad so if you have the i5 not sure if your DSDT will work.

I don't need any injection in the DSDT for graphics as Chameleon will take care of that.

Memory total is 4GB DDR3 not sure if its 1333 or 1068 speed?

There are two extra memory slots to put two more sticks in that model or at least it looks like you can? I could be wrong?

If the G60x model does not have this then maybe the DSDT memory controller sections will be different between models?

I have extracted a DSDT using Ubuntu Live CD so maybe I can just do the three hacks LPC, HPET, RTC and DTGP.

If I don't have to fiddle around with SMBus or Sata Controller ID hacks as many new Intel controller hubs need to fake the controller Ids in OSX, then I can do those easy hack myself. There is a SMBus PCI warning in the kernel log. Do you have this warning? "AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider"

If there are more intensive hacks then I would like to at least have a copy of your DSDT as a guide.

That APple MacBook Pro Software Update v1.3 is causing a lot of issues for me. I just re-installed 10.6.3 and will update to 10.6.4.

Does 10.6.4 include the updates for i5,i7 and the newer graphics or only MBP v1.3 update has this for MBP's?

I have read over in the HP DVT8 Guide that they were able to use a real APple Airport Extreme card with some hacking.

Is it possible to find one that is the Half sized card like ours in a APple Brand? If not have to find a Dell equivalent since all their broadcom's work out of the box as they say

Thanks

Using the Asus system scan at their web site, they recommend the G60J Bios for the G51JC that I have.

See if you get the same results, there is actually a 208 also...

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

As for keeping the thread tidy you are right but it seemed dead to me, glad someone is responding to it.

Update: Installed a Dell DW1510 mini-card and now have full wifi OOB, easy swap out of the Intel card that came with the laptop.

Tamed G,

Do you think this card has the same size half size mini? If it does I bet that card would work to?

APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME WIRELESS MINI PCI-E CARD- AR5BXB6

Great news folks. Shutdown now works with this partial DSDT hack I got from the Dell XPS M1330/M1530 Guide.

Replace this code in your DSDT:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
   {
       Store (Zero, P80D)
       P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
       PTS (Arg0)
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
       {
           If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
           {
               TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
           }
       }
   }

With this code:

{
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (Zero, SLPE)
           Sleep (0x10)
       }
   }

• Like 1

Great news folks. Shutdown now works with this partial DSDT hack I got from the Dell XPS M1330/M1530 Guide.

Replace this code in your DSDT:

{
       Store (Zero, P80D)
       P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
       PTS (Arg0)
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
       {
           If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
           {
               TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
           }
       }
   }

With this code:

{
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (Zero, SLPE)
           Sleep (0x10)
       }
   }

Thanks for your great post here and it works in My Asus G51J 3D with Leopard 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2, 10.6.3 as well as 10.6.4.

The other not-working issues are (1)internal Wireless Card (2)lack of Volume control of VoodooHDA 0.2.62 version

(3) Lack of Video output from HDMI port esp. with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 ~ 10.6.4 version (Replacing by NV**.kext of 10.6.1 only gets working Video in 10.6.2, but still non-working in 10.6.3 & 10.6.4)

(4) Lack of Audio output from HDMI port in all Leopard and Snow Leopard versions up to now

Thanks for your great post here and it works in My Asus G51J 3D with Leopard 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2, 10.6.3 as well as 10.6.4.

The other not-working issues are (1)internal Wireless Card (2)lack of Volume control of VoodooHDA 0.2.62 version

(3) Lack of Video output from HDMI port esp. with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 ~ 10.6.4 version (Replacing by NV**.kext of 10.6.1 only gets working Video in 10.6.2, but still non-working in 10.6.3 & 10.6.4)

(4) Lack of Audio output from HDMI port in all Leopard and Snow Leopard versions up to now

Also working on Sleep/Wake and Lid Sleep/Wake Fix. I have to figure out if there is smbus code already in the DSDT under a different Device name? Bus, Smbus, sbus etc nothing there. If not then I have to add SMbus code and if so its not going to be so easy.

DSDTSE has some hacks and I will posts at some forums for help, but for now I am still researching this matter.

I use VoodooHDA for audio

I was wondering if a few of you could post your kernel.log:

In Terminal type:

cat /var/log/kernel.log > Desktop/kernel.txt

Also working on Sleep/Wake and Lid Sleep/Wake Fix. I have to figure out if there is smbus code already in the DSDT under a different Device name? Bus, Smbus, sbus etc nothing there. If not then I have to add SMbus code and if so its not going to be so easy.

DSDTSE has some hacks and I will posts at some forums for help, but for now I am still researching this matter.

I use VoodooHDA for audio

I was wondering if a few of you could post your kernel.log:

In Terminal type:

cat /var/log/kernel.log > Desktop/kernel.txt

This is what I got from my Asus G51J 3D.

Hope you can help us as soon as possible.

kernel.txt

I have an G51J 3d as well but i cant install snow leopard if you can tell us how you do it it will be so great thanks...

I have an G51J 3d as well but i cant install snow leopard if you can tell us how you do it it will be so great thanks...

1.Please follow the guide by Post #1 (Obliviux Feb 26 2010, 05:03 PM)

Or get Hazard_Snow Leopard_10.6.1/10.6.2_SSE2/SSE3_Intel_AMD or its Server DVD

and booting with cpus=1 busratio=20 -v

If not working, you may try Booting with its server version, but installing its Client only

2. /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist need add GraphicsEnabler=Y

3. /System/library/Extensions need VoodooHDA.kext 0.2.62 for its audio

4. /System/library/Extensions need AtherosL1cEthernet.kext for its wired AR 8131 LAN card

5. /Extra/DSDT.aml need modified for ture power off (shutdown)

Hey

I've been attempting this on my so new ASUS G51Jx-X3. I've had done this before with two of my deskops and pretty much know my way around the OSx86 stuff. But this time its really getting me on nerves.

I pop in the Empire-EFI Cd, it boots fine. Insert the Snow-Leo Disk (Burned on a Dual Layer Verbatim form a retail disk image on a REAL mac). But it just flashes some code and very quickly reeboots. The only little glimpse I've been able to get of it has a lot of the word "ACPI" in it. Same with Rebel-EFI. I also have a mac installation on an external USB drive but it won't boot from it. It halts at a screen with a slash(\) over an uderscore.

Please help.

Attention folks I have modified our DSDT to get both Sleep/Wake to work

There are still couple issues I am working on. The Republic of Gamers LED and a small strip LED on top of the Lid still flash slowly when sleeping and when you open the lid it won't wake unless you strike a key on the keyboard or a momentarily click the power button.

Another issue I am working on is USB DIsk Insertion error from Wake. So make sure you don't keep any Flash Drives in the USB if it goes to sleep until I figure out a Fix.

These fixes came from various sources over time. Some of which I have applied to my Dell XPS M1530 which works flawless and now almost 100% on my Asus G51JX-X5.

Also the EHC0/EHC1 fix has also fixed the shutdown issue so revert the code back to the way it was from my above post.

There is actually better fix for the Lid sleep but it still won't wake unless you press any key on your keyboard or just click momentarily on you power button. See the Clamshell fix below.

Also for those with the AR9285 Atheros Wireless Cards install this into your /system/library/extensions

Backup up the one there first.

http://www.kexts.com/view/462-atheros_ar9285.html

Clamshell Fix from a XPS M1530 Thread I used in the past for my Dell XPS M1530: Under _SB add this fix.

Device (PNLF)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
           Name (_CID, "backlight")
           Name (_UID, 0x0A)
           Name (_STA, 0x0B)
       }

Exact Location in DSDT is Between Device (P0P1) and Device (HDEF)

Device (P0P1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (GPRW (0x0B, 0x04))
               }
           }

Device (PNLF)
           {
               Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
               Name (_CID, "backlight")
               Name (_UID, 0x0A)
               Name (_STA, 0x0B)
           }

Device (HDEF)
           {

Here are the EHC's Modified. Just replace the before code with the after code. Or copy the code from the DSDT I provided below.

Before Fix:

Device (EHC0)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
               {
                   Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x03))
               }
           }

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
               {
               }
           }

After Fix:

Device (EHC0)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
               Name (_S1D, 0x02)
               Name (_S3D, 0x02)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0B)
                       {
                           "AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x05)
                           {
                               "EHCI"
                           }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                           0x04B0, 
                           "AAPL,current-extra", 
                           0x02BC, 
                           "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                           0x03E8, 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

//Above this code below

{
               }
           }

AND

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
               Name (_S1D, 0x02)
               Name (_S3D, 0x02)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0B)
                       {
                           "AAPL,clock-id", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"device_type", 
                           Buffer (0x05)
                           {
                               "EHCI"
                           }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                           0x04B0, 
                           "AAPL,current-extra", 
                           0x02BC, 
                           "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                           0x03E8, 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

//Above this code below

{
               }
           }

Here is my latest DSDT all cleaned up and with the SBUS Fix. This takes care of the "** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider" failure issue.

Asus_G51Jx_Most_Current_Most_Cleaned_Still_Working_On_Insertion_Error_Fix_SBUS_Working_Now.aml.zip

I have edited this post several times, so any mods you did from the HP dvt8 link I had provided earlier please remove those fixes. The DSDT I have provided above has all the necessary changes I have provided in this post. Since I am spending a lot of time on this there is a chance I might start a new thread we will see?

I have edited this post several times, so any mods you did from the HP dvt8 link I had provided earlier please remove those fixes. The DSDT I have provided above has all the necessary changes I have provided in this post. Since I am spending a lot of time on this there is a chance I might start a new thread we will see?

Excellent work oSxFr33k! Sleep is one of the only issues I have left with my similar model G60JX. I am using your DSDT which should be compatible. At this point it does sleep, and I do get the blinking lights that you mentioned. Upon wake, the keyboard/mouse/usb items don't work, so I need to look into sleepWatcher or whatever it is that reloads kexts upon wake.

Thanks man, keep up the DSDT work, it's invaluable.

I have a large post of what's working and how I got it to work in the G60JX thread, here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...19591&st=60

There are very few issues left from having a perfect system.

Thanks for the kind words. I noticed that to but my USB Mouse etc does go back to normal. Not sure why its not on your model.

We have the exact same motherboards. Even on the Box its written model G51Jx-X5 and to the right of the serial number its written M/B VER G60JX 24M

I am assuming M/B is for Motherboard and 24M may be the month released from the factory? Who knows?

Do you have the HM55 or PM55 chipset? What about the Bios? I am on version 208. That the only thing that may be different and if it is that could explain the Lock up!!

I am checking out your link.

There is another thread that was started and this is where I will most likely post back and forth with kizwan. He is real busy but a master to DSDT. Hopefully once the DSDT is perfected like on my Dell XPS M1530 I may start my own thread?

Here is the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1543611

Do you have the HM55 or PM55 chipset? What about the Bios? I am on version 208. That the only thing that may be different and if it is that could explain the Lock up!!

The G60JX uses the HM55 chipset, and I'm using BIOS 206, I'm not sure if there's a 208 for my system or not, but I'll look right now and see if that fixes things for me.

Minutes Later: I've upgraded my BIOS to 208, turns out it was available for my G60JX. Unfortunately, my keyboard/mouse/usbs still won't function after waking the computer. I am waking the computer by hitting the spacebar once, and the system responds immediately.

Days Later: It works! I did a clean install of my system so I could write down every step, and once I had things up and running again, I was able to use your DSDT to have my G60JX sleep and wake with mouse and keyboard functionality. It seems like the USBs might be powered during sleep, and yes the standby lid light blinks, but according to my tests, that battery drain on the blinking is only 1% battery per hour (with a 10 cell battery). I hope you find a fix for turning that light off, but sleep/wake works! Thanks!

Hello guys ,

Thanks for sharing everything, I just had question

when will be WiFi Link 1000 bgn driver available for mac?

can't we use the linux drivers for mac?isnt it written in c or c++? is there anyone working on the driver at the moment?

thank you everyone in advance, i really look forward to a full working snow leopard on g51j,

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys ,

Thanks for sharing everything, I just had question

when will be WiFi Link 1000 bgn driver available for mac?

can't we use the linux drivers for mac?isnt it written in c or c++? is there anyone working on the driver at the moment?

thank you everyone in advance, i really look forward to a full working snow leopard on g51j,

there is a working wifi kext.

it comes from 10.6.5 i do believe, check this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209837

@Cknoblet and others with Asus G51JX or G60 Mainboards:

Kizwan has cleaned up my DSDT removing some unnecessary script and placed some of the script in better order.

Try this DSDT to see if it fixes your USB issues after wake. My Mouse, Bluetooth etc work fine after wake.

You will have shutdown and wake from sleep fix but not deep sleep (hibernate) like in windows. In windows 7 64 bit when it sleeps the Republic of Gamers Logo Led blinks as well so not sure if this is a EFI (Bios) issue or not.

Wake from sleep with USB flash drive or equivalent still gives a Disk Removal Error upon wake. Still working on a fix for that.

Credits go to Kizwan again for the hard work on this DSDT project:

DSDT attached:

Asus_G51Jx_Bios_108_DSDT_KIZWAN_FIX_FINAL.aml.zip

Edited 9-20-10

There are two things that need to be modified. Remove IRQ from TIMR and from IPIC device sections. EHCI1 Clock Id changed to 0x02.

I left the attachment above in case anyone wants to compare the changes, remember this is for G51Jx Bios version 208.

Asus_G51Jx_Bios_108_DSDT_KIZWAN_FIX_FINAL_IRQ_FIXES.aml.zip

@Cknoblet and others with Asus G51JX or G60 Mainboards:

Kizwan has cleaned up my DSDT removing some unnecessary script and placed some of the script in better order.

Try this DSDT to see if it fixes your USB issues after wake. My Mouse, Bluetooth etc work fine after wake.

You will have shutdown and wake from sleep fix but not deep sleep (hibernate) like in windows. In windows 7 64 bit when it sleeps the Republic of Gamers Logo Led blinks as well so not sure if this is a EFI (Bios) issue or not.

Wake from sleep with USB flash drive or equivalent still gives a Disk Removal Error upon wake. Still working on a fix for that.

Credits go to Kizwan again for the hard work on this DSDT project:

DSDT attached:

Asus_G51Jx_Bios_108_DSDT_KIZWAN_FIX_FINAL.aml.zip

i've got the volume keys working, and might be able to get more of the fn keys doing what they are supposed to do.

When i have it all fixed i'll post it. all thanks will go to meklort, not me.

i'll edit this post later, or reply. anyways, thanks for the guide. it's pretty helpful stuff so far.

EDIT

as promised, heres a link to the kext.

http://www.mediafire.com/?33lajv1vwn165t5

this was written by meklort and debugged by me.

so far we've added:

Volume controls (fn + f10/f11/f12 )

Playback controls (fn + arrow keys)

Calculator launch (fn + Calc Enter key)

He might add a prefpane for some other keys later allowing you to set applications to launch by them.

This isn't perfect but it's better than what we had.

Edit:

new version, fixes a small bug with calculator launching

http://www.mediafire.com/?c19yyc752yxb760

I updated OSX to 10.6.4 and couldn't get the OS to recognize the graphics card, even after further software update. The chipset is "unknown" and the rest of the details follow:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0cb1

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Also, I have the X5 model, which has an i7 processor, so the Hardware overview is also inaccurate, how would you fix that? I could change processor speed through SMBios, but that's about it.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.00C1.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): G8101101G0

Hardware UUID: F070AB8B-1BD4-5D08-92D7-7D38CF6E5939

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I updated OSX to 10.6.4 and couldn't get the OS to recognize the graphics card, even after further software update. The chipset is "unknown" and the rest of the details follow:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0cb1

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Also, I have the X5 model, which has an i7 processor, so the Hardware overview is also inaccurate, how would you fix that? I could change processor speed through SMBios, but that's about it.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.00C1.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): G8101101G0

Hardware UUID: F070AB8B-1BD4-5D08-92D7-7D38CF6E5939

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

the graphics card will show up as unknown only because your injection method isn't sending the name.

you can manually edit chameleon's source and add the devid/name if you like but so long as you get full res and qe/ci it's just a cosmetic change, no benifet whatsoever

edit:

for further info, if you wish to make it show up properly in system profiler, assuming you are uisng chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Y this is what you do:

find your graphics card devid...if you don't know it, get lspci for osx from here:

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/lspci-...r-1-0-released/

and do the following command:

sudo lspci -nn|grep nVidia

look for the vga, it should look something like this:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0cb1] (rev a2)

notice my devid? it's 10de0cb1

now, check out chameleon's source:

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk chameleon

edit the file chameleon/i386/libsaio/nvidia.c

you should have NO problem finding the devid's, heres an except:

{ 0x10DE06C4, "GeForce GTX 465" },
{ 0x10DE06CA, "GeForce GTX 480M" },
{ 0x10DE06CD, "GeForce GTX 470" },
{ 0x10DE06E0, "GeForce 9300 GE" },
{ 0x10DE06E1, "GeForce 9300 GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E4, "GeForce 8400 GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E5, "GeForce 9300M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E8, "GeForce 9200M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E9, "GeForce 9300M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06EA, "Quadro NVS 150M" },
{ 0x10DE06EB, "Quadro NVS 160M" },
{ 0x10DE06EC, "GeForce G 105M" },
{ 0x10DE06EF, "GeForce G 103M" },
{ 0x10DE06F8, "Quadro NVS 420" },
{ 0x10DE06F9, "Quadro FX 370 LP" },
{ 0x10DE06FA, "Quadro NVS 450" },
{ 0x10DE06FD, "Quadro NVS 295" },
{ 0x10DE086C, "GeForce 9300/nForce 730i" },
{ 0x10DE087D, "ION 9400M" },
{ 0x10DE087E, "ION LE" },
{ 0x10DE0A20, "GeForce GT220" },
{ 0x10DE0A23, "GeForce 210" },
{ 0x10DE0A28, "GeForce GT 230M" },
{ 0x10DE0A2A, "GeForce GT 230M" },
{ 0x10DE0A34, "GeForce GT 240M" },
{ 0x10DE0A60, "GeForce G210" },
{ 0x10DE0A62, "GeForce 205" },
{ 0x10DE0A63, "GeForce 310" },
{ 0x10DE0A65, "GeForce 210" },
{ 0x10DE0A66, "GeForce 310" },
{ 0x10DE0A74, "GeForce G210M" },
{ 0x10DE0A78, "Quadro FX 380 LP" },
{ 0x10DE0CA3, "GeForce GT 240" },
{ 0x10DE0CA8, "GeForce GTS 260M" },
{ 0x10DE0CA9, "GeForce GTS 250M" },
{ 0x10DE0CA3, "GeForce GT240" },
	{ 0x10DE0CB1, "GeForce GTS 360M" },
{ 0x10DE0E22, "GeForce GTX 460" },
{ 0x10DE0E24, "GeForce GTX 460" },
{ 0x10DE06D1, "Tesla C2050" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0771
{ 0x10DE06D1, "Tesla C2070" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0772
{ 0x10DE06DE, "Tesla M2050" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0846
{ 0x10DE06DE, "Tesla M2070" }	// TODO: sub-device id: ?
};

simply copy/paste a line and edit it to match your devid, for instance, i've added This line:

once done, save the file, and from the main chameleon directory type:

make

(you need xcode for this to work)

this will build chameleon. when done, the new chameleon files are located at

chameleon/sym/i386/

then follow this guide for installing it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809

20100919-cbr321jpytmharbgjceukaxk3m.preview.jpgClick for full size

the graphics card will show up as unknown only because your injection method isn't sending the name.

you can manually edit chameleon's source and add the devid/name if you like but so long as you get full res and qe/ci it's just a cosmetic change, no benifet whatsoever

edit:

for further info, if you wish to make it show up properly in system profiler, assuming you are uisng chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Y this is what you do:

find your graphics card devid...if you don't know it, get lspci for osx from here:

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/lspci-...r-1-0-released/

and do the following command:

sudo lspci -nn|grep nVidia

look for the vga, it should look something like this:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0cb1] (rev a2)

notice my devid? it's 10de0cb1

now, check out chameleon's source:

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk chameleon

edit the file chameleon/i386/libsaio/nvidia.c

you should have NO problem finding the devid's, heres an except:

{ 0x10DE06C4, "GeForce GTX 465" },
{ 0x10DE06CA, "GeForce GTX 480M" },
{ 0x10DE06CD, "GeForce GTX 470" },
{ 0x10DE06E0, "GeForce 9300 GE" },
{ 0x10DE06E1, "GeForce 9300 GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E4, "GeForce 8400 GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E5, "GeForce 9300M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E8, "GeForce 9200M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06E9, "GeForce 9300M GS" },
{ 0x10DE06EA, "Quadro NVS 150M" },
{ 0x10DE06EB, "Quadro NVS 160M" },
{ 0x10DE06EC, "GeForce G 105M" },
{ 0x10DE06EF, "GeForce G 103M" },
{ 0x10DE06F8, "Quadro NVS 420" },
{ 0x10DE06F9, "Quadro FX 370 LP" },
{ 0x10DE06FA, "Quadro NVS 450" },
{ 0x10DE06FD, "Quadro NVS 295" },
{ 0x10DE086C, "GeForce 9300/nForce 730i" },
{ 0x10DE087D, "ION 9400M" },
{ 0x10DE087E, "ION LE" },
{ 0x10DE0A20, "GeForce GT220" },
{ 0x10DE0A23, "GeForce 210" },
{ 0x10DE0A28, "GeForce GT 230M" },
{ 0x10DE0A2A, "GeForce GT 230M" },
{ 0x10DE0A34, "GeForce GT 240M" },
{ 0x10DE0A60, "GeForce G210" },
{ 0x10DE0A62, "GeForce 205" },
{ 0x10DE0A63, "GeForce 310" },
{ 0x10DE0A65, "GeForce 210" },
{ 0x10DE0A66, "GeForce 310" },
{ 0x10DE0A74, "GeForce G210M" },
{ 0x10DE0A78, "Quadro FX 380 LP" },
{ 0x10DE0CA3, "GeForce GT 240" },
{ 0x10DE0CA8, "GeForce GTS 260M" },
{ 0x10DE0CA9, "GeForce GTS 250M" },
{ 0x10DE0CA3, "GeForce GT240" },
{ 0x10DE0E22, "GeForce GTX 460" },
{ 0x10DE0E24, "GeForce GTX 460" },
{ 0x10DE06D1, "Tesla C2050" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0771
{ 0x10DE06D1, "Tesla C2070" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0772
{ 0x10DE06DE, "Tesla M2050" },	// TODO: sub-device id: 0x0846
{ 0x10DE06DE, "Tesla M2070" }	// TODO: sub-device id: ?
};

simply copy/paste a line and edit it to match your devid, for instance, i've added This line:

once done, save the file, and from the main chameleon directory type:

make

(you need xcode for this to work)

this will build chameleon. when done, the new chameleon files are located at

chameleon/sym/i386/

then follow this guide for installing it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809

20100919-cbr321jpytmharbgjceukaxk3m.preview.jpgClick for full size

Thanks for the reply! I have another question before I try, would the ROM version number be updated and show on the profiler as well? Mine is currently xx.xx.xx. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I have another question before I try, would the ROM version number be updated and show on the profiler as well? Mine is currently xx.xx.xx. Thanks!

as you can see from my screenshot, it does.

so yeah, it should

if you need any help, come to the irc, i'm always there

irc.osx86.hu

@wonslung,

Do you think the Chameleon Team will update this in one of there next revisions? They have posted Chameleon 2 RC 5 Rev. 530. Chipset Model was not entered yet since Rev 530.

@oSxFr33k

I'm 100% sure it will be added eventually.

For now, just check out the source and add it yourself.

@everyone else:

has anyone else had a problem with voodoohda and crackling audio?

Also, is it just me or does this machine's audio sound somewhat quiet ?

@wonslung,

Audio seems to be a bit lower at full volumes compared to other hacks yes. I don't suffer from the crackling? IPIC (PIC), RTC and TIMR (TMR) IRQ all removed?

There was some complaint about audio cracking in some of the posts near the beginning of the this thread below.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

I noticed my Mic Input is on all the time causing some feedback.

Did you insert a method for both VGA and HDEF or left the DSDT script as is? I did not change anything yet. Also from that thread they insert a method for the Ethernet, a similar script I applied for the Wlan so it shows up in System Profiler under Ethernet as the card name etc.

Here is the ethernet hack from that thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1446508

I would like to apply this method for Ethernet, Audio and Graphics so they show up under System Profiler Ethernet and PCI sections?